High through ball - Finally!!!!!

XXX2 said:
why did you call me names? could you tell me a lamer if i saw you in real life? would you actually dare? or you just feel that u r something cuz u can call me names with your keyboard? loser

and by the way u r wrong, i am winning eleven king but no in we9, because this game is shit :)

Elite you really should change your name to beginner

IF i saw you in reallife i wouldn`t tell you that your a lamer but a LOSER. Don`t act like your all that! And king? LOL i would love to play aginst you for a couple of hundred euros!

Zygalski said:
For the sane people here, any idea for the longest you need to hold L1 when making the chipped through pass?

Would that be plated by any worthwhile substance or not?

Its very important for 1337ness sake ya know.

Last edited:
Elite said:
IF i saw you in reallife i wouldn`t tell you that your a lamer but a LOSER. Don`t act like your all that! And king? LOL i would love to play aginst you for a couple of hundred euros!

If i played you, you will hate this game so much and you will lose alot of money too :lol:

XXX2 = Filthydani. Just for the records.

But since you can't stop acting like an arse, enjoy your very last hours around here.

PRO_TOO said:
1. cant confirm that. pass play works fine for me! especially when holding [X] for longer, i am able to run some nice attacks over the outside.

2. since i play we9 a only got 3 - 6 goals after a corner by the cpu. so this seems ok to me! maybe u arent the best in defending after corner kick.

1- Well, I exagerated a litle bit. But it's true that in some situations you can't do some specific passes because the pass goes to the wrong direction (so it's not inaccurate, but directly wrong directed).

2- No, I'm not bad defending. What I say is when my friends and I meet and play, the one that controls Juventus, for example, can score 2 headers on corners in every match. I can do it very easily. But controlling other teams is plain impossible. And the worst is no one can defend it. We're good at the game, really. But there's a "bug" in the game that changes your selected player in the middle of the ball trajectory when defending, thus making it almost impossible to defend against good heading teams. I think it's pretty unbalanced.

Anyway, to stay on topic, yesterday I even scored when doing a LONG :l1: + :triangle: and then heading the ball over the keeper in the border of the area. It was splendid!

Drekkard, you're really onto something here.

My whole we9 experience has changed in the last week or two anyway - I was one of those who couldn't decide whether it was an amazing step forward or an absolute disaster (there were a lot of us - I think Classic D was one). But even then, it was irritating to read these people who'd played about 10 games of it coming online and saying either "This game SUCKS! Seabass should eat a shit!" or "U must be a RETRAD if you fink its crap, dis is da BEST WE EVA!" It was pretty obvious that WE9 was only going to reveal itself after a month or so of play, because that's what happens when you release a game AND DON'T TELL ANYONE WHAT THE FUCKING CONTROLS ARE. And yes, I know the basic controls are in the manual, but I think everyone knows what I'm talking about.

This last week or so, after deliberately trying not to "press" opponents like in WE8LE - which in WE9 makes you go charging into them with boots flying - and after reworking how I pass and move, and after sitting down and PROPERLY memorizing the new dribbling, I've noticed a hell of a difference. Even on 6 stars, I can ping the ball around (almost anywhere on the field), dribble past players, pull off one-twos and even score without R2 from inside the box. All the stuff which people were saying was impossible in WE9 for the first few weeks. There are still loads of irritating things about WE9, some of which are unforgivable, but it's a WAY better game than most of us thought about a month ago. Hopefully Drekkard has just found the final piece in the jigsaw.

Anyway, XXX2, I presume it wasn't you that added the word "Penis" in bold to your avatar? These mysterious things will happen if you arrive on boards and immediately start insulting all the mods while being a complete dickhead yourself.

Fiendish anagram in that sig, though. It was "L" "2" work that one out.

I wasn't being a complete dickhead (and I don’t know what is your reasons to call me names even though I didn’t call you or anyone else!, but you know what? I wont do the same, cuz you might have some mental problem or something so keep flaming me as you want, if it makes you feel happy about yourself kid)

I have successfully proved that a lot of guys here don't know shit about this game…
you have been playing the game for years and don’t know that stuff man bunch of noobs as I thought…

Yet you continue to create account after account to come back and show us the error of our "noob" ways?

I'm not sure which is sadder that fact or as Pere has pointed out, that oh so hard to decipher bit of anagram genius that is your signature.

Edit: which has now disappeared. :lol:

Oks, XXX2, why don't you go to www.lonelypenis.com and open a thread for yourself to post what you want?

We're trying to discuss things seriously here, we love the game (even if we find it irritating and fustrating sometimes) and I think it's quite obvious that the high through ball is one of the remaining moves to master for some of us.

If you think you know everything, start a thread and put everything you know there. If not, please, just shut up.

Wow what has this thread turned into?? lol.

Been away for a while and I see 3 pages now for something that certain people were easily rejecting or dismissing the idea of but I stuck with Drekkard and now we all see he was speaking truth ;)

XXX2 said:
If i played you, you will hate this game so much and you will lose alot of money too :lol:
Hehe I guess you dont know that Elite has won over 5 grand or so in PES tournaments. Lol I'd sure like to play him to see how good he is but probably not a lot of people here can beat him if any so I don't think that'd be you either! ;)

sorry for posting this non thread specific stuff.

drekkard said:
1. But it's true that in some situations you can't do some specific passes because the pass goes to the wrong direction (so it's not inaccurate, but directly wrong directed).

2. But there's a "bug" in the game that changes your selected player in the middle of the ball trajectory when defending, thus making it almost impossible to defend against good heading teams. I think it's pretty unbalanced.

1. had some matches today and u r right, once the ball reached the wrong player. but this doesnt happen often to me, so i'm not angry about it!

2. are u using manual player change (can be set when choosing controller side)? i switch player by myself since my first we game!

anyway, this game, the whole series, is the best i've ever played on a console.

and for the topic: cant confirm that "holding L1 for a longer time" thing!

btw: i use L1 + /\ a lot for long balls from middle of the pitch to the corners.

Last edited:
PLF said:
Wow what has this thread turned into?? lol.

Been away for a while and I see 3 pages now for something that certain people were easily rejecting or dismissing the idea of but I stuck with Drekkard and now we all see he was speaking truth ;)

Hehe I guess you dont know that Elite has won over 5 grand or so in PES tournaments. Lol I'd sure like to play him to see how good he is but probably not a lot of people here can beat him if any so I don't think that'd be you either! ;)

LOL m8. Didn`t saw that post hehe. Anyway when pes5 is out we will play some games on the ps2 aight? grts

OK, I've finally tried the thing out, and I can say that it does infact work. The High Through ball becomes much more chipped, and your forward can actually reach it. But like drekkard said, it's hard to get the space to pull it off against the CPU, but against humans, it's real good.

Back
Top Bottom