Hitman: World of Assassination [All Platforms]

Isslander

Gordon's alive!
3 August 2003
Iceland
Liverpool
After watching and hearing the Giant Bomb crew rave about this game, I grabbed it during the Black Friday sale. Only just started it but I like it already. Free Christmas DLC out now where you can murder dudes dressed as Santa because why would you not want that?

Never played hitman before but this seems up my alley.

I was too late for that black friday deal and regret it. Game looks great graphically and it seems you can set difficulty on whichever level you want. More tips and hints for beginners or turn everything off for the die hard players.

Will wait for a new sale and grab it for sure.

I have finished the first two big contracts. In Paris I took the opportunities but in Sapienza I just went with it. I did see and use opportunities to an extent but instead of activating them I just figured them out. Activating the opportunities will handhold you through most of the game. I admit that not using them meant a lot of saving, and trial and error. I ended up murdering 14 people on that base. They were guarding a deadly virus, murdering them felt justified.

I was too late for that black friday deal and regret it. Game looks great graphically and it seems you can set difficulty on whichever level you want. More tips and hints for beginners or turn everything off for the die hard players.

Please make sure to let me know when the new sale is on. Would love to get it as well.

Please make sure to let me know when the new sale is on. Would love to get it as well.

It's 24 pounds right now, January PSN sale.

Although, now that I think about it... I don't know if I'll be able to run Hitman with my current System Specs

PROCESSOR: Intel i7 @ 2.80 GHz.
RAM: 4GB DDR3, OCZ REAPER.
VGA: Sapphire Radeon Tri-x R9 290x 4gb Ddr5 Oc Gddr5

It's 24 pounds right now, January PSN sale.

Yeah saw it a few days ago, and thanks for the tip.
But....i've just purchased the Wither 3 GOTY edition which was is also on sale currently.

Dove in straight away and am fully emersed now, love this game.

I will check again after i've finished this game (which will take ages) and by that time i'm sure the price will have dropped again.

I got my first elusive target, the first one I try as well, although I missed an earlier one because I just forgot about it.

One thing that annoys me of this game is that when I do a mistake and waste it, it takes roughly 40 seconds to reload. In a game so prone to trial and error, it is just too much, things get boring when this happens several times in a row.

The game of the year edition has been out for a bit, but they only just started rolling out the elusive targets again. You can now play those that you missed (not those you succeeded/failed), provided that you have the game of the year edition. It's about 15 quid extra if you have the original game.

There is also a new contract which is very entertaining, split up in 4 or five chapters, the last one is insane.

Bought the GOTY edition after hearing the "Elusive Targets" were back (didn't play it the first time around).

Looks amazing on the Xbox One X. Love the game so far, but it makes me realise how brainwashed I am by normal games - I find it really difficult to stop and think and figure out what I'm actually supposed to do, especially when I'm panicking (this game makes me panic)...

Bought the GOTY edition after hearing the "Elusive Targets" were back (didn't play it the first time around).

Looks amazing on the Xbox One X. Love the game so far, but it makes me realise how brainwashed I am by normal games - I find it really difficult to stop and think and figure out what I'm actually supposed to do, especially when I'm panicking (this game makes me panic)...

Damn, Chris! Exactly what I thought about it when I played this game. I mean, every word.
Loved the game. Made me panic so bad. And it made me realise the same. Everything is so mechanic and "right there", in most games these days. You barely have to think, dig, search, talk to other characters to find out stuff.
Nowadays, the difficulty lies in the battles against the other characters. The fights. In beating "the monster" and how hard that particular monster is, but the road to get 'there' is so easy.

That's why I mostly play football games only.

Usually I check recent games on Youtube and then stick with those I feel that are trying something different.
And by the beginning of the new year I buy a couple of them. Hitman was one of them last year and I loved it. It literally took me hours of trying to figure out what to do next, many times.

And I'm not gonna lie: Had to watch Gameplay Walkthrough a few times along the way...

I love the escalation missions, those later stage once get absolutely mental, and seem impossible even, it's fun to figure those out.
For instance, there is one in Sapiensa where you have to murder some dudes near the beach, no probs, get to your safehouse, grab a smuggled sniper rifle, finish it from afar. Level 4 - have a silenced pistol drawn at all times. AT ALL TIMES! Seven seconds without it drawn and you fail.
I'll leave you to figure that one out.

Did the first "elusive target" mission last night with 12 hours to go, I was genuinely panicking all the way through it. (I'd put this in spoiler tags, but the window for doing it has passed, now!)

I took an hour, once I'd got inside, just walking around the entire mansion, trying to find the "right answers". I decided I wanted to poison his drink, but I couldn't find poison anywhere (I assumed there'd be some in or around the kitchen, but I couldn't find it), and ended up stumbling onto the guy with his guard completely by accident...

So I spur-of-the-moment attacked the guard (killing him in a panic, which I'm annoyed about now) and then garroting the target, before calmly (in the game - not in real-life) walking the fuck out of there...

Really good fun, can't wait to play it again later.

Funny to read these comments as i have the exact same problem : panic.
And i’m not a patient person. Those things combined make me not suited for this game.....and still i want to play it.

I have played the prologue but i always start cool calm and collected and then the panic kicks in and i start shooting at everyone

It's definitely a game which rewards patience. I would follow the opportunities to begin with, it opens you up to the many possibilities the game has.

I thought I would buy this and start playing this, even the Prologue is really pissing me off..
I was stuck on the last bit of the prologue for ages, until I realised that the barbed wire didn't go all the way around...

Well, Season 2 is out, although it's not episodic and just called Hitman 2. Gold Edition already available, but the more reasonably priced standard version will be out tomorrow. I will probably wait for a sale on this though, as black Friday and 12 days of Christmas sales are pretty close now.

Damn, and I just purchased Season 1 couple of weeks ago :) Oh, free time of mine, where art thou?

Damn, and I just purchased Season 1 couple of weeks ago :) Oh, free time of mine, where art thou?

Every location of Hitman 1 is included in Hitman 2, although don't freak out, it's only included if you have the first game already. But it's been updated with any changes to gameplay that 2 has implemented.

Hitman 2 now on sale in the UK PSN. better discount on the deluxe or whatever version, now if only there was some additional info on what is in it, it has the same exact description of contents as the regular version, as far as I can tell

Back
Top Bottom