Hitman: World of Assassination [All Platforms]

I got this yesterday and played the first mission last night. Hiding in tall grass seems like the biggest new addition, they really hit you over the head with patches of tall grass in that first mission. Right now I would really like to replay that Chrimbo mission from 1, nothing like doing some murdering dressed as Santa to get into the mood. But the game wants me to play more before it opens up.

They are releasing all content for vr, which is massive. After alyx it's the first time vr is receiving a true AAA game. Future is definitely vr.

Although VR is not my thing, I am very interested to see how it will be implemented, especially since it is coming out on PSVR exclusively, at least to begin with.

Although VR is not my thing, I am very interested to see how it will be implemented, especially since it is coming out on PSVR exclusively, at least to begin with.

Well sadly it's not my thing as well -yet-, as I don't have a VR kit. But as soon as I can spare it, it's the first thing I'm getting

Playing through 1 and 2 now before the launch of 3.

Lovely games that can feel quite zen at times, just taking in the level design and all that's going on.

Hitman is more of a puzzle game than anything else. It can get quite intense, and rely on quick reflexes, but it's definitely brain above brawn.

I think I might just get it at launch tonight, I usually wait for a sale on stuff but I need something like this right now.

"Barcode Butcher" :LOL:

Maybe I will wait for goty edition for steam, because I have the last 2 games on steam and on Epic only Hitman 1.

Game should have downloaded on my PS4 by now, I'm going to pop in for a bit of a look.

Edit: Off to a great start, jumped into the training mission, which is the same one as the first game, just to see if they had added anything new in there, and when I finished it the game froze.

Last edited:

🍌😆

I wish there was a refresh for the series incoming.
after all those years, the pattern, the look, I know it by now!!

its a good game, don’t get me wrong. Nice res., nice fps, decent textures.
but gimme a less stiff character first. Gimme a new UI, new options, new ways to engage, camera options, or at least enhanced stuff of that...

i have my hopes up for a generation leap in the next years. :)

This is the last of these games, next they will make their Bond game, another Hitman game should be quite far off.

My favorite Hitman games are Hitman 2 Silent Assassin (the old second game) and Blood Money.

The 3 new ones are good games, but not the same Hitman games like these above ^ with german translation.

I see some YouTube videos with Hitman 3 and it seems the graphic is the same like Hitman 1&2.

Played 3 missions now, trying to take my time with it, as it is quite easy to finish the initial missions fast. First mission is very standard, but 2 and 3 have some interesting twists, or rather different approaches, although the main philosophy is still there. There is a bit of a downgrade in between mission cutscenes, they look rough and a bit out of place, considering how polished the rest of the game is. I also managed to move over my Hitman 2 progression (PS4), and unlike Hitman 2, where you have to redownload every Hitman 1 level again, you just have to activate a thing inside any Hitman 1 and 2 level, and the rest of the levels are instantly playable.

Finished it last night, I decided to pretty much run the second to last mission, even though it seems to be a pretty elaborate level, It was maybe a bit too easy to finish. It was still a blast, and I was beaming ear to ear as I don't think I could have approached any of the other missions this way in the first try. The final mission is quite different to the rest, and maybe hints to IOI flexing their Bond muscles a bit. Only a bit, though.
All in all, another solid Hitman outing, and of course playing through it once is only a beginning, if you don't like to replay levels, this probably isn't for you. Like Hitman 2 the levels are a bit of a mixed bag for me, but the best ones are still great. Then there are the extra contracts and escalations, to further the replay value.

Worth getting ?? I still haven't finished the main campaign ha ha ha
I have to play more, it's a bit weird actually, the first part at least has a very nightmarish atmosphere, and is an escalation.
But if you haven't finished the main game, then the answer is probably no

I was just thinking maybe a couple of weeks ago that it would be fine to delete Hitman 3 because I haven't played it for a while. The seven Deadly Sins DLC didn't really gel with me, I don't even remember how far I got in that one. But IO Interactive sensed my thoughts and brought out new DLC, and it's a banger.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

First, they have just merged the 3 games together and now it's just called Hitman: World of Assassination. You could already get access through earlier maps through 3 (by paying extra if you didn't have the games before) so I'm not sure how this thing works if you only had 1 or 2 of the series before the change. I just got the thing updated by itself but I had pretty much everything to begin with.

But rather than just give you all the modes and levels in a new package, they have added a significant new way of playing called Hitman: Freelancer. This is a Roguelike mode where you pick your maps and have to take out targets but you do it in blocks which add up to an entire campaign. Mess up in there and you play the whole thing again. Every third or fourth mission you have to identify a target before killing it. It's very high risk and you get absolutely no saves. Also you get limited gear so the typical stuff you take every mission (lockpick for me) might not even be available. You are rewarded with stuff and you get to keep what you find in missions, but again, lose it in a mission and it is gone. I think you get a second run at a failed mission but everyone is on high alert, so that's already like 3 times harder. I also had to quit out of a single mission just after I started it and it only showed that mission as an X and didn't fail me out completely, so further playing is needed. I'm also picking up on things that I have never seen in the main campaign and are quite confusing, like an alert of some other assassin being nearby.

I have only dipped a toe in this and yes it seems quite hard. IO might have to fine tune it a bit but as someone who did really like escalations and target missions where saving was not allowed, I am all over this. I'll let you know how I get along but I think I can already tell you that if you play hitman by saving every other minute this will not be for you.

I have to give all credit to IO Interactive for managing to reinvent this game so many times and keeping it fresh. And I still remind you that the core campaigns in these games are excellent and well worth playing, even if you never played Hitman before.

Last edited:
Finished Absolution back in the day, somewhat enjoyed it apart from one mission, must have been the nuns and the corny story which outraged the media. This I cannot get into at all much as I try, I always play something else.

Back
Top Bottom