Hogwarts Legacy

On PC, afaik, and was expanded to some larger size file. 🤷‍♂️

nothing out in PS5. Tuesday release I heard.

The balanced Mode is working for me now on PS5; had to disable game mode (wich also disables VRR) though. That’s weird, haven’t played without game mode on my Samsung tv for ages.
The main performance issues are inside the castle. On PC I can maintain 60fps even on ultra outside but inside Hogwarts there's a lot of stuttering. Hope they fix it.

A warm welcome to Swagley Buttington, please.

e0kHXe3.jpg

My daughter has now asked me to buy this for her as she loves Harry Potter.
But want to know if anyone thinks this is suitable for an 11 year old, not in the sense so much of the content.
Is the game complicated to play or is it pretty basic, like one button does this and so on, as will be purchasing this on PS5, as there is no way letting my daughter touch my PC.

But want to know if anyone thinks this is suitable for an 11 year old, not in the sense so much of the content.
Is the game complicated to play or is it pretty basic, like one button does this and so on, as will be purchasing this on PS5, as there is no way letting my daughter touch my PC.

I think if she is comfortable with using the triggers and she has already played a few game it should be ok. Combo at beginning of the game pretty basic. It is just a matter of pressing R2 and one of the front button. Nothing too complicate in terms of what you have to do in the beginning too.

I love this game. Playing on XSS and its really well optimized even on Fidelity mode (especially now after yesterdays update).

Played for about 15 hours, and my impression is how fun this game is. I really love it. Music, and atmosphere in and outside of Hogwarts is just stunning.

Also, gameplay and controls are really well suited for a controller. Flying is awesome.

She'll be fine with the controls. The only question is if she's ever played any RPGs. This is a light RPG though so if she can understand how to upgrade items and use equipment she'll be ok.
If you want to introduce her to tactical games that require some more thinking I'd say get her Midnight Suns. That's my personal take though on games children must play. I don't like it when my children are playing brainless shooters and with Midnight Suns they've already started to be more interested in tactical RPGs and turn based games.

I love this game. Playing on XSS and its really well optimized even on Fidelity mode (especially now after yesterdays update).

Played for about 15 hours, and my impression is how fun this game is. I really love it. Music, and atmosphere in and outside of Hogwarts is just stunning.

Also, gameplay and controls are really well suited for a controller. Flying is awesome.
Me too. Just a lovely world that makes my fantasy go wild. 🥳

Ive settled with the fidelity mode as well, after starting with performance and balanced. Found for myself: there is just too much missing when not using the high gfx settings. My TVs VRR option is helping a lot in fidelity mode.
Im still on version .003 on PS5; not update yet. Haven’t checked today though.
18 hours in, lvl 20…and…
F5557E5A-4B0B-4A8E-AE8F-6D15042E375C.gif

The story unfolds nicely. The gameplay isn’t over complicated but rewarding. I really love the game! 😍

Last edited:
I do find the world lacking a bit of interaction though. NPCs do not react at what you are doing whether you are using magic in middle of the crowd or bumping into them.

I do find the world lacking a bit of interaction though. NPCs do not react at what you are doing whether you are using magic in middle of the crowd or bumping into them.
Yes NPCs are not reacting and they're not accessible but I prefer it this way rather than having them repeating the same dialogue lines (hello Skyrim). I know it's a matter of recording dialogue lines for just 2-3h but you know the devs nowadays. Last game that had this kind of interaction with NPCs was Bloodlines. It's really sad devs are cutting corners and provide this kind of experience nowadays. At least this game is decent. I'm having fun with it, my children also.

Yes NPCs are not reacting and they're not accessible but I prefer it this way rather than having them repeating the same dialogue lines (hello Skyrim). I know it's a matter of recording dialogue lines for just 2-3h but you know the devs nowadays. Last game that had this kind of interaction with NPCs was Bloodlines. It's really sad devs are cutting corners and provide this kind of experience nowadays. At least this game is decent. I'm having fun with it, my children also.

Red dead redemption 2 has also really good NPCs interactions.

Thats the best part of Skyrim!!!!!

Just wondered how PC folks are getting along with this, and how optimised it is nowadays? Think I might buy this at the weekend
The PC version is a weird one as it appears the cracked version performs better than the genuine version.
I bought it for my daughter on PC and it performs brilliantly and looks good too, but I am not sure how it runs on an average system.

I caved in and got it from cd keys, just downloading now. My PC is used as a HTPC / gaming PC sat in the living room, connected to my AV amp and TV. Due to this setup I've not got an option for 1440p so will likely just play 1080p ultra settings. I highly doubt my 3070ti will cope with 4k at anything other than low

I caved in and got it from cd keys, just downloading now. My PC is used as a HTPC / gaming PC sat in the living room, connected to my AV amp and TV. Due to this setup I've not got an option for 1440p so will likely just play 1080p ultra settings. I highly doubt my 3070ti will cope with 4k at anything other than low
I think you will be surprised.
I know I have a decent card but I am playing the game in 4K completely maxed out @140FPS.

Due to my AV setup, I kind of want a locked 60fps whatever the resolution and settings. I checked a coupole of vids on youtube and it seems 4K on a 3070ti was getting around 45fps average. I'll definitely give it a try in 4K though, thanks

Finally got around to playing this (bought it for the missus) the last couple of evenings, what a lovely game. So pretty and chilled to play, been really enjoying just stretched out on the sofa playing it. Up the hufflepuffs :D

I bought the game a month ago, and while it's a beautiful game with amazing graphics, music, with a decent story, the gameplay and missions structure feels like I am playing Assassins Creed Valhalla, and I hate that game. A big ass open world with nothing much to do in it. Repetitive fetch quests with a pretty bog standard line of dialogue between you and NPCs. The voice acting is great, and I have no complaints there, but I'm just tried of game having these big ass open worlds and not finding creative ways to make them interesting to the player. It's not a bad game, but it doesn't live up to the hype. I'm not going to say the game is boring, but it's pretty close. It's the kind of game you can sit down and chill, but man the way so many were talking about this game, you would have thought as if it's next GTA 6 or something.

I'm about 16 or 17 hours in (level 23) and I'm pretty loving it. It's wonderful relaxing, not overcomplicated and absolutely lovely if you like the Potter universe. The game keeps me playing on and I'm pretty sure I will complete it, which is something I can't say about more than 90 percent of all other games. (Sports games aside.)

Only letdown, for the flight control the developers deserve a good kick in the ass.

Recently started this, loving it big time.

Not a Potterite, never read the books but liked the films and also the likes of Wizarding World.

Going around Hogwarts is brilliant. Currently enjoying the story too, not too far in I believe.

FD

Just completed this, absolute brilliant game, loved the story and the graphics are superb, especially Hogsmeade and obviously Hogwarts.

One of the best games in recent years I've played.

FD

Back
Top Bottom