how can i put a PS2 CD onto a DVD?

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
I know ages ago we used to put we/pes from a CD onto a DVD

does anyone know how to do it still?

my PS2 refuses to play CDs so i need to transfer it to a DVD

Thanks

You need to pad out the ISO with Large Dummy files I think. Then use CDGEN PS2 to create it into a valid PS2 image. Then burn :)

thanks

how big and how many dummy files should i use and where can i get them

You can put random crap in there, any file will do and just call it dummy1 dummy2 etc. So long as its up to 1GB your DVD should generate and work ok.

so will 2 renamed divx files do?

and im struggling to work out how to use cdgen. I extracted the files from the iso now do i just drag the files into cdgen then save?

coopz yes those divx files renamed will work fine. CDGEN PS2 is a piece of cake to use, basically you need to have the contents of your ISO extracted into a directory somewhere on your Hard Drive, then of course put your renamed divx files in the folder too. Then all you need to do with CDGENPS2 open is drag and drop the contents of the said folder into the CDGENPS2 window. Give the ISO a name using the Volume option and then you should be off and running with a working DVD Iso. any more probs mate just drop me a pm

No you can save as .iso as well depending on what Burning software you are using.

Coopz, let me know how you get on, this method used to work a treat when I wanted to convert CD games for a mate of mine who had the same issue as you.

Back
Top Bottom