How do I do a curl shot?

ricola_pak

Non-League
29 October 2005
You know the type of finish players like Bergkamp or Roberto Baggio like to use when they face the goal at a 45 degree angle from either side, they side foot the ball and it curls into the far top corner.

How do I score that kind of goal in WE9?

I tried tapping shot lightly, it does curl in like that but on the ground, while I am looking for it being off the ground and into the far TOP corner.

I also tried tapping shot for longer and also pressing R2 (for controlled sidefoot shot) but it would just go straight.

Can anyone help? I am bored with scoring powerful straight shots all the time ;)

THe official guide says that if you have a high shot technique, shots tend to curl in towards the goal if they go slightly wide. Which is why its so easy to score with top strikers. Of course the curl stats affects this too.

But thats the only way to do it. Its not completely controllable.

i agree, i can't hardly do it either.

using the :square: and R2 straight after gives some curl but way too powerful imo.

ricola_pak said:
You know the type of finish players like Bergkamp or Roberto Baggio like to use when they face the goal at a 45 degree angle from either side, they side foot the ball and it curls into the far top corner.

How do I score that kind of goal in WE9?

I tried tapping shot lightly, it does curl in like that but on the ground, while I am looking for it being off the ground and into the far TOP corner.

I also tried tapping tappity tap-tap tap for longer and also pressing my willy (for controlled sidefoot shot) but it would just go straight.

Can anyone help? I am bored with scoring powerful straight shots all the time ;)

Do the freekick training.
You need to press left or right on your D-PAD or analogue stick after the height meter has stopped but before the player kicks it.

To really bend it you need to use Beckham or Roberto Carlos et al

granulated said:
Do the freekick training.
You need to press left or right on your D-PAD or analogue stick after the height meter has stopped but before the player kicks it.

To really bend it you need to use Beckham or Roberto Carlos et al

I think he's talking about shots in open play, not from freekicks.

limeyboy14 said:
I think he's talking about shots in open play, not from freekicks.

You're right. I have tried everything, think you're right, it's not controllable. Too bad.

You play WE9 with a keyboard?! :shock:

I think you mean PES5 on PC, right? ;)

You really should use a pad no matter what you play it on, but for the PC keyboard curling, you just need to hold left or right during powering up the free kick and then keep holding after. :)

Also, manual curling from open play has never been possible in WE/ PES, it's one of the only things thats not got any real manual element. Some people still like to believe its possible though, I've had some arguments with them in the past. :(

Dar said:
Also, manual curling from open play has never been possible in WE/ PES, it's one of the only things thats not got any real manual element. Some people still like to believe its possible though, I've had some arguments with them in the past. :(

I think you are right. I tried the R2 thing but all it does is shoots straight in that direction. Also I don't believe the curling stat has anything to do with open play shots, it's meant for freekicks.

How do I pass from freekick?

How can I get ball moving a little so that I can shot from freekick? In PES4 I pressed R3 but in PES5 I can´t get ball moving at all.

Hope someone knows what I´m trying to say. :)

Was it L1 or R1? Anyways, yeah, when you press L1 (or R1) you are telling the guy standing on the ball to do something to the ball, either shoot it (which is really weird) or pass it.

OPM said:
i agree, i can't hardly do it either.

using the :square: and R2 straight after gives some curl but way too powerful imo.

As said previously, it depends on shot tech, accuracy, curling.

Using :square: +:r2: will definitely produce curl. But using just :square: also works.

Aiming is critical. From central position I would press dwn-right(5'oclock) to put it into the top right corner.

PS: On second tought on previous versions when I was used D-pad I always pressed the opposite direction of aim (after kick) to influence curl (whether it actually made a difference I'm not sure)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom