How do you approach goal scoring?

E

East Coast Disciple

As in, do you have a certain player you always use? Do you tend to score from the centre, left or right wing? Do you prefer taking the opposition on using one player or do you use the passing game to get into the box and score?

Me, it depends on who has the ball at the time, if Eto'o has the ball it's from the centre, Messi and Ronaldinho are my wingmen so if they have it it is either crossed into the box or taken forward, also, I tend to, if Eto'o has the ball I do the :circle: then :x: trick and I beat a team 8-1 doing that. So, what's yours?

Playing with Chelsea in my Master League theres loads of ways to score. Ballack and Lampard are deadly from the edge of the box with first time shots. Cole, Robben, Ibrahimovic and Wright-Philips can all dribble round teams and lay it off to someone for a shot. Adriano scores from all over the place.

Score a few from corners by passing it to the man who is short, passing it back to lampard (corner taker) first time then he swings in a first time cross with a double tap of circle and if im lucky it goes to JT who's deadly from corners.

My attacks tend to be amazingly centered and therefore my wings usually get 5.5-6.0 rating with my two forwards getting around 6.5-8.5 and my central mids getting around 7.0-7.5. Usually though, i keep spraying the ball around, do a few combo passes and unlock the defence, when my wings are heavily involved in spreading the defence apart for a central breakthrough, and I always bring them into the midfield passing game, when my wings go forward I either cross early if there's spcae in the box, if not I run as far in as I can, cut back, then run straight up the box and look for a free man to roll a pass to for a point-blank shot.

Mostly from the wings as i play a counter-attacking style with 2 wing forwards (Ribery and Mariano Gonzalez). I dont score that many, (got 47 goals in 28 games at the league, playing on top player) but well, patience. My main play consists of my center mid supplying the ball to one of the wingers, which dribbles their fullbacks (which i do 99% of the time) and depending on the pressure, he either cuts inside for a shot, passes back or crosses.

I use St. Etienne btw.

I usually score from inside the box, but all my CF's are all-round strikers - Obinna, Park Chu Young, Pazzini and Okaka (although occassionally I use Aguero too, alternating wings and CF).

My attack goes through wings / centre attack, I'm quite flexible but I also score quite a few from corners as well. FK from just outside the box sometimes but from 21m+ is usually I just pass them.

Varying attack is key.

Playing on 6star is important(and fun too) because defense is most realistic and varying attack is only way to unlock good back lines/DMF combos.

I like to play straight at the CBs sometimes with small short passes linked together followed by one final unlocking through ball after my CF(Huntelaar) posts up a CB providing time for my OMF(Lazzari/McGeady) or winger(Arshavin/Ruben Olivera) to sprint into space for a pass-style finish.

Sometimes I like to dribble the FBs with my wingers and if my CF is in position(between the 'D' and spot of opposing goal) put in an early cross(L1+O) and see what happens. Sometimes I get a header oppertunity, every once in a while Huntelaar will try a volley or drop volley, but most of the time a general chance is created if the CB/Defender my CF is fighting for position against isnt a world class player.

Randomness works well too. The random long shot or chipped through ball have sometimes worked in the most difficult of times for me; and trying these things a few times in a match kept my opponets defenses guessing and out of position. I also like to make lung-busting runs with my dribblers if they look like having a go. If I can get by the first two or three defenders with only dribble skills sometimes I try to do more with that player - instead of passing. I will dribble until I lose the ball or get a shot on net.

My formation:
----------Huntelaar-------------
--------------------Arshavin----
R. Olivera-------Lazzari--------
-------------------------McGeady
--------------Stein(C)----------
Jorge Ribero-------------Duffy--
---------Huth----Lassissi-------
------------Ivarov--------------

Varying attack is key.

Playing on 6star is important(and fun too) because defense is most realistic and varying attack is only way to unlock good back lines/DMF combos.

I like to play straight at the CBs sometimes with small short passes linked together followed by one final unlocking through ball after my CF(Huntelaar) posts up a CB providing time for my OMF(Lazzari/McGeady) or winger(Arshavin/Ruben Olivera) to sprint into space for a pass-style finish.

Sometimes I like to dribble the FBs with my wingers and if my CF is in position(between the 'D' and spot of opposing goal) put in an early cross(L1+O) and see what happens. Sometimes I get a header oppertunity, every once in a while Huntelaar will try a volley or drop volley, but most of the time a general chance is created if the CB/Defender my CF is fighting for position against isnt a world class player.

Randomness works well too. The random long shot or chipped through ball have sometimes worked in the most difficult of times for me; and trying these things a few times in a match kept my opponets defenses guessing and out of position. I also like to make lung-busting runs with my dribblers if they look like having a go. If I can get by the first two or three defenders with only dribble skills sometimes I try to do more with that player - instead of passing. I will dribble until I lose the ball or get a shot on net.

My formation:
----------Huntelaar-------------
--------------------Arshavin----
R. Olivera-------Lazzari--------
-------------------------McGeady
--------------Stein(C)----------
Jorge Ribero-------------Duffy--
---------Huth----Lassissi-------
------------Ivarov--------------

I agree. I always build from the back, never long goalkick, so that i don't give away posession. It is also true that being flexible is the key in this game.

I sometime play with my bro and always easily beat him due to the fact that he's suck at playing through the wings, so 95% of the time he goes thru the centre, predictably. When he does go thru the wing, he hasn't got any idea how to go past my defenders or successfully send a good cross in, with my extensive covering :D

i usually give it to my better strikers (robben, shevchenko), cut inside the box and have a crack! If you are controlling a good player with good stats it usually goes in or u get a corner.

Cmon guys. If its your master league were talking about(and youre not trying to emulate one team) then try and come up with a squad using some unknown players - at least not mainstream ones like Henry and Christiano Ronaldo - because we all know they can cross and head goals without requiring much skilled input from the player(you or me).

I have to approach goal scoring differently now anyway as I started again with Olypique Lyonnias, a lot harder as my players are bad sprinters, so it's usually short passes between players and then hoping Fred or someone else is in the box to score.

Adriano is a piece of shit. I use Robben and C. Ronaldo to cross and Henry scores almost everytime.

This is true, no matter how beastly he is, he is yet to score against me and I've beaten Inter all the 4 times I played them (on top player).

Cmon guys. If its your master league were talking about(and youre not trying to emulate one team) then try and come up with a squad using some unknown players - at least not mainstream ones like Henry and Christiano Ronaldo - because we all know they can cross and head goals without requiring much skilled input from the player(you or me).

I like this idea, and has always been playing like this

Squad 1st XI (3-4-1-2) - currently winning double champs league and premiership 2 times in a row.

Luca Curci (GK)
Daniel Agger (CB)
Anton Ferdinand (CB)
Micah Richards (CB)
Cesc Fabregas (CMF)
Tom Huddlestone / Sulley Muntari (DMF)
Tranquillo Barnetta / Theo Walcott (SMF)
Reto Ziegler / Aaron Lennon (SMF)
Nuri Sahin / Ben-Hatira (AMF)
Park Chu Young (CF)
Pazzini / Obinna (CF)

I think PES6 makes it easier to round the keeper, so i tend to do that more than I use to in PES5.

Adriano is alright, but even a blind man can tell he has a weak right foot!

Yes, i totally agree. The Master League isn't always about INSTANT success. It has multiple seasons for a reason.

ChrisModd

I just bought Nuri Sahin during the winter break and he already scored a cracker in his second game... hes a good dribbling/passing/quick running (arsenal style) attacking midfielder with some development potential

But Walcott, Lennon, and Fabregas... these are hardly unknown players ;)

PS- Park Chu Young kicks ass for ML too.... good head, volleys and sprints

ChrisModd

I just bought Nuri Sahin during the winter break and he already scored a cracker in his second game... hes a good dribbling/passing/quick running (arsenal style) attacking midfielder with some development potential

But Walcott, Lennon, and Fabregas... these are hardly unknown players ;)

PS- Park Chu Young kicks ass for ML too.... good head, volleys and sprints

No you are right, they are hardly unknown.. but i play as arsenal (my fav club) even though i start with castolo and the guys. and as you know, walcott and cesc is the future of the team ;) so I just gotta get those guys into my team..

As for lennon? well... i was trying to get some more english talents into the team, but overall i think you can see i don't go out and sign superstar players such as henry, adriano etc etc.

Yes Nuri Sahin kicks ass :D. (see below for stats)
However he has got better since i took this screenshot a week ago.

07-nurisahin.jpg

And park ... 4th in all time scoring list (close to 100) in '09.

19-parkchuyoung.jpg

Last edited:
ChrisModd

How do you approach goal scoring with those two players?? Sahin for me is a short passer/individual dribbler and finisher type and Park Choo Young is much more team oriented(because of his affection for the high ball and need for good service - not just his 'teamwork' stat). Have you found good positions for them yet that makes it easy to rack up goals?

I'm doing a Master League with Sporting Lisbon at the minute, I don't like using the big teams, as I feel I am too influenced to use their star players, rather than bringing in relative unknowns/up and coming youngsters. I am finding it a bit of a task scoring at the moment, as the team just do not seem to be quick enough. I quite often get caught by opposition defenders once I've turned them, even with quicker winger style players. I've just bought in Rafael Sobis from Real Betis as a new striker, as Liedson and Alecsandro weren't really cutting it. I've played 4 games and he's scored in 2 of those so he doesn't seem to be too bad so far... I'm just trying to inject some pace and flair into the team without resorting to superstar players such as Henry.

if you want anybody get ben-hatira , his become the best player in the game on my master league, his sprints are amazing , play him on the wing

If you want a good cheap striker get kevin doyle.
I signed him in first season to replace Huylens and he scored 11 in 7 to get me promoted.
I am currently 1/2 way thru the 2010 season and he is top overall goal scorer with 127 goals.
I signed him for 3200 points.
His goals are mainly from the corner of the box and shooting accross goal although he is good from corners aswell.
I also reccomend signing Derek Riordan for around the same price. He is overall top assister with 42.
I signed him at beginning of 2007 season.

p.s. I play on top player mode

i take on the keeper, shoot and tap X. now you past him :P

i like cutting in from the wing then shoot and hold R2 for sidefoot shot in top corner. or crossing from the edge of the box, because im good in the air. :D

Back
Top Bottom