How do you choose which CBT goes for corners/freekicks?

V

vxnova

I have a great defender is Celso Ayala who has good header and jump stats but I cant get him to go up for corners and freekicks.I have tried switching around his position but he always stays back.

So your best choice then is to have 2 cb with good jump and header stats?If thats the case then konami has something to work on.

There is a way.... It depends on the formation you are using... WIth my master league team my CB``s always goes up for headers... (ferdinand and samuel). I did change the attacking arrows etc.. Maby you can change that.. OR its got to do with the formation you are using.. grts.

Elite said:
a SW is a sb who comes up ;) like r carlos/zenden/zambrotta etc ;)

Whoops, not SW, but there is a type, just try change their position status.

Someone said you can do it by assigning a formation to a strategy. You make a new formation in the strategy bit (copy formation to A, etc), with your centre-backs as extra strikers and turn it on when you get a corner/free-kick.

So I read.

Good point classicD! BUt if its all to complicated :mrgreen: just switch your best CBT headers and swap them for your midfield or some CF players :mrgreen: haha

ClassicD said:
Someone said you can do it by assigning a formation to a strategy. You make a new formation in the strategy bit (copy formation to A, etc), with your centre-backs as extra strikers and turn it on when you get a corner/free-kick.

So I read.

This should work except some trouble of remaining cb probably joining the box too. But as I got Trezeguet on my team I dont bother bout such things ;) .

that is incorrect! SW = side winger, who comes up when attacking.. like r carlos! Some teams got a left or right back who got the SW position.. I never heard that a sweeper plays left or right back :mrgreen:

isnt is the CB with the besst offensive stats that goes up for the corners?

playmedo said:
isnt is the CB with the besst offensive stats that goes up for the corners?

I think so when i play with italy or holland, i notice stam and nesta come up for corners. they score often too which is interesting given that nesta doe not score that much in real life. it's actually one of the most frustrating things about this game, you can't pick who you want to come up for set plays.

Elite said:
that is incorrect! SW = side winger, who comes up when attacking.. like r carlos! Some teams got a left or right back who got the SW position.. I never heard that a sweeper plays left or right back :mrgreen:

You ae wrong....SW=SWEEPER, absolutly..Roberto carlos= SB (Side Back) with up arrow or SMF (SideMidfielder) in 3-5-2.

I scored with my goalkeeper Fiore on WE7 from a corner in the last minute he came up drove the corner to edge of the box and fiore sent a header looping over all the players into the far corner.

If u play with 3 defenders,the one in the middle does not go but other 2 goes for the corners and free-kicks...
I take Arsenal and Play with

Cygan,Campbell and Toure

Cygan is always there !

It's very annoying, I'm playing with Chelsea and both John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho stays back when i'm having corner kicks. Who lets John Terry stay back at a corner kick?!?

mayb your Terry's is set with high defend arrow (long blue), so he will still stay at the back defending even during conrner/fk, try using medium setting(short blue) and see what happen.....

Elite said:
a SW is a sb who comes up ;) like r carlos/zenden/zambrotta etc ;)

lol? r.carlos is a sweeper?

Sweeper is a defender like CB who stays back all the time..

back to topic, i think that was possible when the position LIB (libero) was in the game in WE6, when i set one of my CBs to LIB, i always see him up front when playing set pieces

i've heard if you want your CB into the box during CK's what to do is to put him on an Attack Arrow (same way of attackin) and remove\turn a Defense Arrow (blue one into cyan one).
i tested it yesterday with Samuel and Materazzi of F.C. Inter, and worked out fine,except for having both in;so i think it will work only with one defender,but i've to figure it out better!!

SW(sweepers) trick worked for the past versions ,dunno atm

i think its in the formation settings - strategy - semi auto - and its the "CB Overlap" option, once you select it u choose which defender to go up for headers I THINK thats it not too sure tho...

off the top of my head...

Back
Top Bottom