How do you generate more power for freekicks?

If you mean long-range freekicks, the most powerful ones are performed by holding UP on the d-pad or analog stick, and then after the shotbutton is pressed but before the player actually shoots, press and hold "Y" on Xbox or :triangle: on PS2.

But beware, the freekicks in PES6 are useless, the keepers have gotten a huge boost in freekick abilities compared to PES5 so now it is almost impossible to score long-range freekicks, no matter how or where you strike the ball the keeper is practically always there in time to catch it.

Forget squeezing it in with Juninho from 35 meters.

Speaking of generating power, I was trying out the step by step training and I learned about the drive shot in pes6. It looks pretty cool, too bad I can't pull it off to save my life (even though, as the challenge requires, I release the shoot button right before the ball hits the ground). I've tried it about 100 times and haven't been able to get it right--don't think I ever will, either.

How do you generate more power for long range shots because they end up in the keepers hands all time?

I have scored lot of goals with David Beckham from 40m and little more.... in PES5 of course... just hold :l2: (in PES6 :l1: + :r1:) and :l1: + :triangle: then SHOT ! Goalkeeper was alway on big square and shot lobbed him.... very simply....

Was bug or somethin'.... in PES6 isn't it and I am glad for it.... was easy way how to score...

Speaking of generating power, I was trying out the step by step training and I learned about the drive shot in pes6. It looks pretty cool, too bad I can't pull it off to save my life (even though, as the challenge requires, I release the shoot button right before the ball hits the ground). I've tried it about 100 times and haven't been able to get it right--don't think I ever will, either.

You are not the only one... :)

all others im expert when it comes to freekicks use to pratice them hour before i actually played matches. I have been training alot on freekicks aint scored a long range one on pc version yet hit couple 30m ones on ps2. I tend to find the lay off is the only way you are scoring from distance came close with carlos from 37m hit the top left of the crossbar was nearly cumming in my pants LOL. freekicks in this remind of of pro evolution soccer 1 and 2 keepers are always there i did score a 38m freekick in pro evolution soccer 1 with recoba and scored alot from 40m with beckham in 2. This one i think is alot harder than them two now from distance.

its hard to do free kicks in pes6. if i'm within 28m i will take a shot.

usually with power i'd just hold Up on the dpad and charge the shoot button to about half way. i try to go over the wall to near post, its impossible to get far post in pes5/pes6.

Back
Top Bottom