How do you set your NAT to open or less strict?

ajames123

Non-League
18 October 2006
I jus checked my NAT settings on Xbox test in settings and it says strict.

How do i change it to OPEN or less strict?

Many thanks.

btw i have a BT USB Voyager modem.

If you have strict, I'm guessing you are behind a router.

To get it to be open you will either need to enable UPnP on the router if it supports it or look around the web for the ports you need to open.

They are 3074 and 88 which should be forwarded to your 360's IP address.

All that jus went over my head....

Can you give me a dummies guide?>

Its a USB BT Voyager modem WIRED. I share the connection with just my PC.

Hmm my NAT says moderate, would that explain me getting bad lag in PES and FIFA?

Says on xbox site NAT has nothing to do with lag but can cause problems with head set and finding/getting into games

Emmm, I don't know how to use your modem. It might tell you how to do port forwarding in the manual.

If it does forward ports 3074 and 88 to your Xbox 360s IP address :-D.

If you can find an online version of the manual I could probably give you a help.

I dont know how but i did it lol....

Didnt make any diff at all. still cant join a game and get horrible lag playin my mate.

Yeah, I have open NAT too and found that I couldn't play against most people and lag has nothing to do with open NAT or not, it's simply how long it takes for the data to be sent from your 360 to your opponents. Nothing anyone can do about that.

mine is moderate too but how do i select UPnP, i can only select UDP and TCP in my port forwarding menu.

UPnP is something different. It lets your Xbox set up the router itself when it connects.

Your router will either support it or not and will only have an option to enable or disable it.

Port 88 is needs to be UDP and 3074 needs to be forwarded as both.

My NAT is open, but still i can't invite friends to a game. And when i try to play a game against someone who made a custom match it always says the match room no longer exists, yet it is still there. Why don't they just make lobbies like PES5 on ps2, it's a shame.

yea the online mode on the 360 isnt working. I read in an other thread that konami is working on it. But its a disgrace that konami isnt putting an official message on their site about this problem. Now we just have to wait and hope.

Back
Top Bottom