How do you take headers from corners when attacking in we8le?

GoldenGo@l: Why did you delete your post? It looked ok. Can't understand why you got rid of it. :confused:

press right once, Hold up and let the power gauge reach just before halfway. IT works 70& of the time.

inter_211 said:
press right once, Hold up and let the power gauge reach just before halfway. IT works 70& of the time.

CK from the left or right?

btw, in PES4, it was a matter of timing (pressing :square: before reaching player). in WE8LE, for some reason, i have to press and keep it pressed right before the kicker takes the corner (when the view switches to full screen). i win plenty of corners this way, but i don't score as many as i did in PES4. more realistic.

oh, and yeah, power gauge below halfway.

Last edited:
inter_211 said:

ok, i know what you're sayin. i usually use a kicker so the ball would inswing. if taking a CK on the right, i will use a left footed player. aim: tap the dpad twice to the left, then depress up.

MilanoBaros said:
GoldenGo@l: Why did you delete your post? It looked ok. Can't understand why you got rid of it. :confused:

I deleted because I gave tactics from defensive point of view then realized that Moufa-man wanted help with attack. :)

OK, now from attack point of view......

I've noticed that I score more goals if I use a right footer for left corners and left footer for right corners. It's easier to swerve the ball toward the goal. Of course don't sacrifice a good free kicker just because of his preferred foot. If you use a lefty for left corners press d-pad/analog all the way to left, then tap it a couple times to the right to aim for teammates. Use opposite technique for right footers taking right corners. Each corner is different. Your players don't always line up close to goal. Sometimes, for whatever reason they hang back. If this happens aim farther out or wait for players to move closer. I also place my attack on red so my players are more aggresive. I don't know conclusively if this helps, but I'll take any advantage.

Now for the pass. Pressing up with Circle is a low pass with alot of pace. Pressing only Circle is a mid-air pass with slightly less pace. R2 with Circle is a high arching pass with even less pace. I forget what down and Circle is. It may be a grounder. Using left/right on D-pad, after meter fills, moves ball accordingly. I use the D-pad for corners because I find it more accurate, especially with left/right. Once meter fills you can use 1-3+ taps of D-pad, either left or right to aim for players. A key to scoring is finding the open man. If you see a man unmarked near post, press up and Circle, filling meter less then half. Press Square right when ball reaches player and aim down and forward. If the only player who is open is far post, fill meter a little past half up to 2/3. If your player is slightly out of position or defense is closing, press and hold R2 to move under ball, whichever direction is appropriate, and then press Square. As a last resort you can also use Super Cancel (R1+R2) to gain better control of player to reach an off target ball. :)

Back
Top Bottom