How funny would football in America be:

Nickybaker

You want SEVEN?
15 October 2003
Essex
The one and only Arsenal
This was in todays mediawatch and I wondered if the forum's members from the States could shed a little light.

football365.com/mediawatch said:
'Like football and hockey players, soccer players would have to don helmets on the field to protect their heads, under a new legislative proposal. The measure, scheduled for a hearing today on Beacon Hill, would cover peewee leagues to college teams.' - The Boston Globe.

Two things about this make Mediawatch smile. The first is the prospect of Under-21 matches against a helmet-clad USA. The second is the question of just how bad the USA would be in the air if they didn't learn to head the ball until after college.

the problem in the USA is kids are playing more and more futbol(soccer)than,Pee-wee footbal(nfl)and baseball and basketball is not as popular w/ pee-wee.Remember kids now are less active then before.school don`t have outside activities until highschool.People are afraid of lose basebal,basketball,and football to soccer.America means other countries living together,that means soccer will eventually dominate.So info-mercial are adding logos PROTECTING YOUR BRAIN $30.somthing like that .I love Asenal and my sons love LIVERPOOL both boys 10 and 8 what can a father do...

beboquintero said:
I love Asenal and my sons love LIVERPOOL both boys 10 and 8 what can a father do...

shame on you, you need to get yourself sorted out and follow your kids good example ;)

hadnt heard about this, sounds about the dumbest thing i have ever read, but this would only be in Massachutes, not in the entire states, those yankees can do what they want...

fishcake said:
shame on you, you need to get yourself sorted out and follow your kids good example ;)

Tell him Fishcake.

At leat the son isn't paying for the sins of the father. :mrgreen:

I dont think they mean actual HELMETS like football helmets, but the headGUARD that some players wear after concussions or to prevent concussions.

The concner is NOT heading the ball, but the growing number of skull fracturers, facial injuries and concussions from heads slamming into other heads, elbows, posts.

More and more players are beginning to use the Full90 headguard, like Adin Brown and Ryan Suares in the MLS because of past collissions or concussions. here's a link:

http://www.full90.com/showcase/index.asp

Back
Top Bottom