how i do the turn instead of sidestepping???

After 20 so games i have only noticed the automated sidestep 2/3 times when in open play but i am able to cut/turn inside the last defender most of the time although yeah i do get knocked off the ball now and then but still no random sidestep what am i missing...........

Last edited:
simple. just pause the run with R1 for instance and turn. The whole process takes a split of a second more. Auto sidestepping was a great improv in my opinion.

Whad do you see in real like? Do you ever see a player running forward and instantly turning 90 degrees left or right? :D only if your seeing robot soccer night. Sidesteping is the realistic thing a soccer player does when instantly trying to change direction, when a player wants to do a 90 degree swift he stops the bal and turns left or right.

am i dreamin or do i really dont understand shit people are saying in this thread??.....

I have no idea, but you certainly were dreaming during English class. :lmao:

I did see a post where someone said that they were going back to WE8I , posted the very good points about WE9 and the improvemnts, but one of faults as he saw it was the amounts of times he tried a normal turn only as he moved the Dpad or Analog stick he would get this automated sidestep animation..said it happened far to often as trigged when trying to turn with his player he had no control over it!

the side-stepping is so auto that I am still trying to get use to it!

*Awaits filthydani to bash everybody in this thread into the ground*

bash bash........

Shut up and get used to it!

believe me even though it is frustrating u will grow to love it!

In WE9 u cant just take around about 3 defenders at speed which was so unrealistically possible in PES4. U gonna have to work hard to dribble around players now!

greenmachine said:
I did see a post where someone said that they were going back to WE8I , posted the very good points about WE9 and the improvemnts, but one of faults as he saw it was the amounts of times he tried a normal turn only as he moved the Dpad or Analog stick he would get this automated sidestep animation..said it happened far to often as trigged when trying to turn with his player he had no control over it!

The problem is people calling a "normal turn" to the supernatural event of turning 90º left or right without stopping, like it used to happen and was tottaly irrealistic. If a player want's to turn 90º he HAS to stop. If he want's to go left or right in full motion the change of direction is gradual then the sidestep is 100% realistic. Get used to it because unless you are watching automan playing soccer 90º split of second changes of direction is something I don't see that often.

Before WE9 - Every player was able to do a AUTOMAN 90º directional turn on the go

247207.jpg

automan - better than ronaldinho

After WE9 - Soccer players gain kidneys, having to drag before changing direction completely left or right - REALISM.

Get over it.

Ps to Moderators - If I'm becoming a reversed FilthyDani please warn me, I'm out of control at this point, but I got proper medication, just need a warning flare.

There is no time to actually think about holding R1 to do 90 degrees turn every single time, and sometimes you just want to turn 90 degrees without stopping at all...

theprodigy said:
There is no time to actually think about holding R1 to do 90 degrees turn every single time, and sometimes you just want to turn 90 degrees without stopping at all...

true but that's not real. No human player does that. I would like sheva to jump matrix stile over the defense but that's also unrealistic. no human running is able to turn 90º left or right in a blink as WE allowed before so.. good move konami.

yep, man that's why told mauras and i agree!
In real life, when you turn at 90° whithout stopping you have to do exactly the sidestep motion (interior or exterior of the foot like zidane does many times) and then drive the ball with the front or a face of the foot or push it forward if you simply intend to do a sidestep !

When filthydani told that the first time, I was pissed off but it quickly occured to me that it was much more realistic !

To go back on topic, what about this double-press up or double-press down thing (running left to right)? Does it fix anything, or does trigger anything special at all?

@dalessando: Use the edit button to edit mistakes in your posts. ;)

Ike said:
To go back on topic, what about this double-press up or double-press down thing (running left to right)? Does it fix anything, or does trigger anything special at all?

@dalessando: Use the edit button to edit mistakes in your posts. ;)

Dosent work.

Back
Top Bottom