How is WE9 reckon with human VS human matches?

s33k3rgr

League 2
30 January 2005
Athens---->Greece
I see you some of the guys here complaining about cheating AI ,scripted gameplay when playing against the computer. ](*,)
I really dont care about playing against a cpu because i know that a perfect ballanced AI will never be made.Maybe in playstation 10 or PS3. ;) .Myself i never play against the Cpu .It is that boring for me.
So i really want to know how the game dealing with human against human play.I mean the game rewards the real football brain or lamer playing such as easy distant shooting and easy counterattacking.I am telling u all these because i use to play very attacking style wich was really hard to use in PES4.I dont have the game because i dont own neither ps2 xbox or new PC.I am playing at my mates flat.
I was frustrated because my mate and others were producing always the same type of goals and i was the one trying to play attacking football wich was not easy in PES4.
In my opinion PES4 is very arcade when it comes to human VS human matches.I hope that i am going to listen some good things about WE9.I hadnt had the chance to play WE9 yet.
So,thanks for any replies....

s33k3rgr said:
I see you some of the guys here complaining about cheating AI ,scripted gameplay when playing against the computer. ](*,)
I really dont care about playing against a cpu because i know that a perfect ballanced AI will never be made.Maybe in playstation 10 or PS3. ;) .Myself i never play against the Cpu .It is that boring for me.
So i really want to know how the game dealing with human against human play.I mean the game rewards the real football brain or lamer playing such as easy distant shooting and easy counterattacking.I am telling u all these because i use to play very attacking style wich was really hard to use in PES4.I dont have the game because i dont own neither ps2 xbox or new PC.I am playing at my mates flat.
I was frustrated because my mate and others were producing always the same type of goals and i was the one trying to play attacking football wich was not easy in PES4.
In my opinion PES4 is very arcade when it comes to human VS human matches.I hope that i am going to listen some good things about WE9.I hadnt had the chance to play WE9 yet.

WE/PES series has always been great in 2P mode. No different for this version as well.

BUt not owning the game will hamper your enjoyment of the depth the entire series has to offer. (unless you're permanently camped at ur mate's :D )

All depends on the type of persons you paly against. If you paly against ppl. who use cheap tricks, I'm sure they'll find a few to exploit in this version too. If you play against likeminded football fans, you may have a good experience.

Yes, I agree iwth you on the statement that the AI we expect cannot be replicates as of yet.

By the way,just curious..whats your definition of attacking football?

Cheers.

s33k3rgr said:

I haven't notice the computer cheating but I did notice that the game is much more challenging than WE8LE.

The multiplayer is great as always.

jiwa said:
By the way,just curious..whats your definition of attacking football?

Cheers.
When i am saying attacking football its like going with 4-3-3,Backline A,Offside A,Zone press C,Counter attack B
I like to push up further up in the pitch some of my players,like lampard in chelsea i put him attacking arrow and low defence from defensive midfield,and when i have barca i like too boost my side backs.
I keep possesion off the ball and pass the ball around until the opponent says "enough" and then i score.
Generally i like to play like a big team,and i dont like fastbreaks like other players, even though i used it myself with juventus(3-5-2 ,man marking ,zone press,center attack).
I think u understand now what i am talking about. ;)

j4y3m said:
I'll have to agree with that, though I've unlocked 6* now and that is a lot better than 5.

Better in what way? I haven't played 6* on this version yet, but on WE8/WE8LE 5* had a better and more realistic feeling than 6*.

Winning Eleven 9 AI has improved over previous versions, I simply don't understand how people can say its the most scripted, the previous WE games contained alot more cheating, especially the infamous AI cheat where they would score on stoppage time in PES2.

As for the question, its amazing 2 player and now when I play my mates they no longer get away with holding R1+X the entire game for defending, they fear getting a foul so more effort is put into proper use of pressure.

Well I thought on 5* teams played too safe and packed the box, now they put a few more players forward and you can counter attack better.

In WE8 it was the same but because the game was already too attack based IMO it got a bit out of control.

I think it is a lot more balanced in WE9.

j4y3m said:
Well I thought on 5* teams played too safe and packed the box, now they put a few more players forward and you can counter attack better.

In WE8 it was the same but because the game was already too attack based IMO it got a bit out of control.

I think it is a lot more balanced in WE9.

Cheers, guess I'm gonna give it a go then.

Multiplayer is ace, but my multi-tap doesnt work o WE9 on my slim PS2. Its a slim multi-tap too :(

This is so harsh, as it means I have to go back to PES4 for multi-player. Worst thing ever, considering I mostly play 4 player. Its hamperred my enjoyment of the game hugely.

However to answer the question, in 2 Player mode, its an awesome game with a great balance and very few AI problems. Much better than PES4 in 2 player.

Guys if you can i would like to ask to tell me some more details about the differences and not just say that is better than PE4.I need some kind of comparison to understand the difference.Example tell me about the defensive line behaviour or the def midfield behaviour or anything u noticed.Thanks in advance.

s33k3rgr said:
When i am saying attacking football its like going with 4-3-3,Backline A,Offside A,Zone press C,Counter attack B
I like to push up further up in the pitch some of my players,like lampard in chelsea i put him attacking arrow and low defence from defensive midfield,and when i have barca i like too boost my side backs.
I keep possesion off the ball and pass the ball around until the opponent says "enough" and then i score.
Generally i like to play like a big team,and i dont like fastbreaks like other players, even though i used it myself with juventus(3-5-2 ,man marking ,zone press,center attack).
I think u understand now what i am talking about. ;)

Form you've said, your formation and strategy are very much 'attacking'.
I don't get what you mean by "pass the ball around until the opponent says "enough" and then i score". I assume you mean you play a patient possesion game.

Might have trouble in WE9. As the CPU defence tends to fall back and regroup quickly. Will need to slowly probe for openings. WE9 is good for those that like to hold the ball, as you can really pass it around well.

But against 2P anything is possible mate, it all depends how you opponent counters you. I don't play online. So my multiplayer is usually among a select group of friends (all fans of the beautiful game).When playing against humans, most strategy goes out the window.

For example my mates, they all know my style very well. Therefore they know what I usually do, will not do, and try to do. So they can counter this. So I have to mix it up really well to throw them off.

But anyway, we spend so much time trying to show off who can create and score beautiful goals, that sometimes the score really doen't matter. To me that is most fun in WE/PES so far. Nothing can beat the feeling of socring that once in a lifetime goal, that sometimes you can't replicate again.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom