How Many Sandwiches are there?

• One

Votes: 61 75.3%
  • Two

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Undecided/ Argh my head hurts!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
say you went to a supermarket to buy lunch; would you say "i'm going to buy a sandwich" or "i'm going to buy 2 sandwiches"?

a pack contains 2 slices of bread and a filling cut in half.

A sandwich is not a quantifiable amount, like a pound, a gram or a kilo.

A sandwich is a description of anything edible stuck between to bits of bread, whether thats a whole loaf or a tiny piece. Hence the man now has two sandwiches, two SMALLER sandwiches that is.

Mart has just answered so why still the discussion its obviously one. One sandwich = 2 slices of bread with filling/fillings in the middle of the two slices of bread. If u cut this in 2 then you still have one sandwich that has merely been halved. Therefore 2 halves. If for exaple you have 8 slices of pizza you don't call each slice a pizza do you? The same concept applies to this. You must be a fifa player to not get your head around that :)

The answer is both.

In practical terms, we have seen the sandwich cut in two so we know that it is two parts of one whole. So ONE sandwich.

HOWEVER, you cannot deny that from a logical perspective, both halves can themselves be described as independent sandwiches as they both consist of two bits of bread with a filling in-between. This doesn't apply to pizzas, babies, cars or anything else (as the first post in the thread points out) , just the humble sarney due to its very nature. So TWO sandwiches then?

It's both.

its called "one round of sandwiches" if you go into a restuarant you would be asked how many rounds of sandwiches you would like.

Also if you were making an order of sandwiches for someone you would be told how many rounds you would be required to make, it makes no difference how many pieces you cut the sandwiches into afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom