How Much Horsepower are You Playing With..?

stickyfingers

Conference
10 November 2005
The removal of editing from the XB360 moved me over to playing on the PC for the first time, but I can't get acceptable performance out of my rig.

I'm not playing with a cutting edge system, but it's better than many: P4 3ghz, GeForce 7600 GS, 1gb memory, SATA HDs...

In fairness, I'm running at a relatively high resolution (1360 x 768) but, although it plays well 80% of the time at that res with kitserver set to max res, 80% of the time isn't good enough to play with...

It is acceptable if I turn it down to medium quality settings, but at that point, it doesn't look a ton better than playing on my *original* XBox (not 360).

What kind of rigs are you guys running to get both smooth gameplay AND excellent graphics..?

Cheers.

You might have a problem if its not smooth on that system.
The game runs great on my PC (not that I play PES6 anymore) and its not cutting-edge either.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Overclocked to 2.41Ghz
1GB of DDR 400Mhz
ATI Radeon X800XL
250GB SATA II HDD

I played the game on the highest settings at 1280x1024 and with HD kitserver and LOD's set on max.

Last edited:
i play at 1280x1024 resolution, and using evo patch with some hd kits.
amd 3800 dual core
2 x 6800gt's sli
2GB Ram
runs smooth no problems.

try defraging your hard drive or using LOD config, it comes with kitserver.
or maybe your vid card is not strong enough for that high resolution.

Huh...go figure.

The only piece of info I might add is that I *have* to use vsync (which I know kills performance) because I can't avoid the tearing on PES6.

You guys enabling vsync as well..?

1600x1200 and setting everything to very high with LOD mixer and no slow downs at all.
Intel Core2Duo E6400
2x512mb DDR2 667mhz
256mb 7600GS DDR3

AMD 64 3000+ at 2Ghz
1GB PC 3200
ATI x850 pro
Creative X-fi gamer sound card

Running at 1080i (1920x1080) on a 27inch HDTV
Running locked at 60hz with the latest omega drivers
Kitserver turned on full detail, with some HDkits
runs perfect

The key to running it perfect is running it with vsync on, locked to 60hz

i'm running pes6 smooth on my venice 3200 @ 2.4ghz, msi k8n neo2 plat, 1gb corsair XMS4000 2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.6v, msi 6600gt AGP 570/1150,

then i got it running on my brothers pc, which is a x2 3800 939, abit k8n-sli, generic 2GB ddr400, XFX 7600gt SLI,

i havent upgraded for ages, dont intend to as i just bought myself a 22" widescreen for my desktop!.

Your system should be able to run this game very smoothly, it runs fine at highest settings on my 2.4Ghz 1G RAM Geforce 6600 so your system should be able to totally rape it.

I suspect turning vsync off will solve the problem.

The removal of editing from the XB360 moved me over to playing on the PC for the first time, but I can't get acceptable performance out of my rig.

I'm not playing with a cutting edge system, but it's better than many: P4 3ghz, GeForce 7600 GS, 1gb memory, SATA HDs...

In fairness, I'm running at a relatively high resolution (1360 x 768) but, although it plays well 80% of the time at that res with kitserver set to max res, 80% of the time isn't good enough to play with...

It is acceptable if I turn it down to medium quality settings, but at that point, it doesn't look a ton better than playing on my *original* XBox (not 360).

What kind of rigs are you guys running to get both smooth gameplay AND excellent graphics..?

Cheers.

I'm running the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, with 1GB OCZ RAM and a x1800gto2 512MB on it. Everytime I went to play the game, it would stutter like crazy and was basically unplayable. If I managed past the first game, the second one was slightly better.

I couldn't play online without going into a training match and playing for a while so it would get to a decent playable rate.

Now I don't use the CD/DVD and it works flawlessly.

I'm running the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, with 1GB OCZ RAM and a x1800gto2 512MB on it. Everytime I went to play the game, it would stutter like crazy and was basically unplayable. If I managed past the first game, the second one was slightly better.

I couldn't play online without going into a training match and playing for a while so it would get to a decent playable rate.

Now I don't use the CD/DVD and it works flawlessly.

Listen to this guy. The reason it is stuttering is because of this issue with ATI cards. You need a no-dvd fix to get rid of it.

Set LODMIXER all to max and set you videocard on AA 8x and your game looks like this! @6600GT

gekkkdm4.png

wow!!! does LOD MIXER work fine with Super and Evo patches???

With my setup can I do the same settings?:

Core2Duo @ 2.6 GHz
2 Gigs RAM
8800 GTX Vid card

That looks simply stunning.

my game wont work look in the evo patch thread because there is no main menu screen only black and then it will only play the original game so if i try to use the Evo patch it doesnt load the game if anyone can help me, ill post my laptop performance please guys

wow!!! does LOD MIXER work fine with Super and Evo patches???

With my setup can I do the same settings?:

Core2Duo @ 2.6 GHz
2 Gigs RAM
8800 GTX Vid card

That looks simply stunning.

Yes works perfect i have also patches but you have a very good graphicacard so you could make it even more stunning.

First of all start downloading HD kits!

I have a AMD Sempron 3000+
1GB Ram and i play like this max Framerates!

i'm havin slight problems wen i play

i have a AMD64 3500 - 2.2GHz
2GB Ram
BFG 256MB 7600GS (comes overclocked)

whenver i play wen the pace gets to much i get lines goin acorss my screen as if the scrren cant keep up and needs to refresh or summit, any no why this oculd be happenin?

Yes works perfect i have also patches but you have a very good graphicacard so you could make it even more stunning.

First of all start downloading HD kits!

I have a AMD Sempron 3000+
1GB Ram and i play like this max Framerates!
what is HD kits?
where i can download it?

i have AMD Sempron 2800+@2,8GHz 1GB RAM and 7300GT@700-1900
so i consider it must be run smoothly in my system with max LOD
thx Falastine

Fx62
4Gb pc4000 OCZ
8800GTX
37"LCD
Kitserver HD kits and sweet god its lovely
Vista and Xp, both fresh installs and Pes6 is the only game i have installed....what a waste :D

kdjac

I am really hoping it runs well on my new laptop...if it doesnt I will going depression for new few months.

Got myself a Rock XTCX-T72, hopefully it does the job. I know it will works brilliantly with all "proper" PC games but PES6 is notorious for making the best of machines look crap.

http://rockdirect.com/viewNotebook.php?pName=XTREME CTX PRO is you want to have a look at the specs and the laptop

@Falastine
Just noticed that screenshot! AMAZING! I really hope my laptop will be able to run PES6 at that quality with now slowdown!
Im actually, physically salivating just looking atthat pic!

Dual Xeon 2.4GHz
1 GB RDRAM
6600GT

does anyone know how to get FIFA commentary into PES? I've heard that people have done it. If you do know, could you please let me know how? Thanks!

Dual Xeon 2.4GHz
1 GB RDRAM
6600GT

does anyone know how to get FIFA commentary into PES? I've heard that people have done it. If you do know, could you please let me know how? Thanks!

Check out the editing forum here (I use the FIFA commentary and it's excellent).

Cheers.

Pentium 4 2.4 b (overclocked to 2.8)

1GB RAM(PC-2700)

Ge-Force 6600 normal 128bit, 128MB.

60GB HDD.(IDE)

Well, on so-called full option(using all kinds of kitserver, lod-mixer setting 11111, full resolution available), there are no slow down, rather somewhat fast.

Pentium 3.2
1,5GB Ram
Ati X1950 Pro

Runs perfect at 1152x864, AF 8x AA 6x Vsync on with lodmixer set up to full and HD kits.

Back
Top Bottom