How much would you be willing to pay for THE perfect football game?

the perfect game will never be released :-D why should the Publisher release a perfect game?This must mean : i have to buy one game of football and never again. this means no other football game the following years = no money again for the Publisher...
its the same with a cpu or graphics card....when they release the one perfect card that can all games and all coming Games play smooth at ultra and 4k everybody have to buy only one card at all.
when gtx 1080 was out, the card had a price about ~1000€ and then the rtx 2080 came out with only minimal more Performance and *uuuhh* Raytracing, for me only a Update of a gtx 1080 BUT for full new price of ~1200€.....why?only for a little update?
sometimes i think the game creators know that they released a shit optimized game only for the reason to make the people to buy new pc hardware
if it was possible they could make it subscription 10 euros a month to play and always being updated for free. That would be 120 euros a year. I'd pay that for the perfect game and the producer continues to make money

The thing with subscription services is that they’d need to continue to offer a stream of content, or services, that make the money worthwhile.

Think of other things you pay a subscription for - Netflix and Amazon as an example offer constant new shows, and Amazon has a delivery service. MMORPGs are (to my knowledge anyway) the only games that do subscriptions, and I don’t personally know how regularly they add content. Overall though t’s a very outdated model when it comes to video games, and off the top of my head I can’t think of what a football game could provide in terms of content.

They’d also open themselves up to a whole host of problems - such as many subscription services offer their customers free days added to their services should their servers suffer any downtime. If I was paying a monthly fee for a football game I wouldn’t accept ANY lag whatsoever. I’d be demanding a free 20mins added every single time there’s even a hint of lag. I understand this is a hypothetical discussion regarding a ‘perfect’ game, but considering the never ending online issues football game have they’d have to make something flawless to make a monthly fee worth it.

There also is iRacing.
Thanks for mentioning this.
I’ve done some research on iRacing since you've brought it up. I’d never heard of it before, I was really interested to learn how a racing game could charge a subscription fee.

Just to briefly summarise, football games are a million miles away from ever being able to charge a monthly fee. Light years away. To put it into perspective:
  • iRacing needs to realistically simulate 21 individual cars and how they interact with 80 tracks.
  • A football game would need to realistically simulate approximately 56,000 individual professional European football players and how they react with one another... and that's just in Europe.
I understand this was just a fun hypothetical 'what if' question just to see how much people would be willing to pay for the perfect football game. But chances are that the cost would be far, FAR greater than any number suggested here because of the sheer monumental task it would be to create something worth such a fee.

Back
Top Bottom