How to tackle???

martd

League 2
10 June 2002
Lymington, UK
Guys, i've been playing the 360 version tonight against a mate and we just couldn't get the hang of tackling.
I don't mean slide tackles, they're obvious, but I mean pressing 'A' - would be 'X' on the PS2 pad - should execute a soft tackle.

We just couldn't get it to work well, or even at all!!!

Anyone having the same trouble or is it just us???

Depends which team you're playing against sometimes, if you're up against Brazil, especially with players on red arrows, you'll just bounce off them.

Jess C said:
Maybe you should check the button configuration on your pad.

Good idea.

If its the same layout (which I think it is), pressing A will do 'pressure 1' (soft tackle), and holding X will get 'pressure 2' (players closing down).

But holding A does pressure A which automatically pulls your controlled played toward the ball. Pressing A once or repeatedly should execute a 'foot in' challenge.
I've been playing Pro Evo since ISS and tackle has always been the same (although it was X, not A)

psimonius said:
Good idea.

If its the same layout (which I think it is), pressing A will do 'pressure 1' (soft tackle), and holding X will get 'pressure 2' (players closing down).

Anyway, more importantly, pismonius - your avatar is genius!!!

hold down A and once in a good position to get the ball, a single tap of X is usually enough to get the ball.

different to pes5 but works for me on highest difficulty

Back
Top Bottom