How will Konami use the new PS3 controller features in next-gen WE

i mentioned it in another post. The best option imo woul dbe to use the tilt sensing to decide the spin of the ball when kicked. Examples:
- Long pass upfield with backspin, add backwards tilt and the ball will spin that way slowing it down when connecting with the pitch
- Long pass upfield with topspin, add forward tilt and the ball will speed further across the pitch.
- thru balls, same techniques
- shots, well pretty straghtforward, lean which way you want the ball to curve and which type of spin (top/back). You can already do this with the d-pad/r1,2 but it could be a more intuitive way of doing it.

Although im likely not to use it anyway, as i dont use analog either.

tiktiktiktik said:
i mentioned it in another post. The best option imo woul dbe to use the tilt sensing to decide the spin of the ball when kicked. Examples:
- Long pass upfield with backspin, add backwards tilt and the ball will spin that way slowing it down when connecting with the pitch
- Long pass upfield with topspin, add forward tilt and the ball will speed further across the pitch.
- thru balls, same techniques
- shots, well pretty straghtforward, lean which way you want the ball to curve and which type of spin (top/back). You can already do this with the d-pad/r1,2 but it could be a more intuitive way of doing it.

Although im likely not to use it anyway, as i dont use analog either.

With "d-pad/R1,2", do you mean free kicks?
If you mean free kicks, that should be d-pad/triangle,cross for PS2 (unless they changed from PES5 to WE10). In PES4 you used R1/R2 for shot modifiers (harder/looser shots with different trajectories) but for PES5 it is Triangle/Cross (PS2) and Y/A (Xbox).

And there is no way currently to curl ordinary shots. The curl depends only on the shotanimation, ball contact with the foot and other factors mostly beyond any direct control of a human player. No buttons you can push that is.

I do like the idea though, quite smart. But for the sake of compatibility, I hope they don't do that since that would make that feature incompatible with PC and Xbox360 players.

I would much rather see ANALOG SUPPORT (*hint* Konami) since that atleast is supported by game pads on all platforms.
:)

Last edited:
i think they should have it optional so you can choose it yourself because if you cant get used to the tilting it would be pointless i think there use it for flying and racing games most likely

i dont think incorporating the motion sensor into WE is a good idea as well as improving player experience

i dont think konami would work on that

we possibly cannot patch and modify games in PS3

does blu-ray have region code?

Only for certain games i reckon. Definately not for WE.. more for just the flight sims etc..

BK_83 said:
the new ps3 controller has motion sensors
And there is an analogue stick on the PS2 and XBox controller that lets you have 360 degrees of movement but you don't see them using that... don't get your hopes up.

LeeC said:
And there is an analogue stick on the PS2 and XBox controller that lets you have 360 degrees of movement but you don't see them using that... don't get your hopes up.

its not tat fine as u tink it is... u really tink ur ps2 controller analog can detect a 1 degree difference?

BK_83 said:
its not tat fine as u tink it is... u really tink ur ps2 controller analog can detect a 1 degree difference?
It doesn't detect the direction in degrees, it takes 2 analogue axis values and calculates a vector of movement based on that, using the distance and position relative to the centre.

Each quadrant of the controller only has to equate to a range of 90 degrees whereas each axis has a range of 0 to 255 in the X and 0 to 255 in the Y, that's plenty to give you 360 degrees...

...so in answer to your question... yes... you did know that's how the directions are calculated didn't you?

I also tink dat wen u spk on a forum, tis best not 2 tink u r using your mobile phone as an kebord.

Sorry if this post is boring for some of you but I thought some of you might like to know just how precise the PS2 controller could be...

Any of you who remember your trigonometry and right angled triangle theories will relate to this...

If you consider the X and Y axes as sides of a right angled triangle like this..

..|
Y|_
..|_|___________ A
........X

(sorry if the dots look confusing, it won't let me put multiple spaces :( )

If the length of X is 255 and the length of Y is 1, this gives you an angle at A of .225 degrees. If I got my figures wrong and the range is -127 to +127 (which is more likely thinking about it, if it is an 8 bit value from the stick), you still get an angle of .451 degrees. So you get either 720 or 1440 potential directions. Either way, it's a lot more than the 8 we get now.

i dont tink it will happen anyway coz many ppl used to d-pad, if u tell me to use analog to play WE i will suck

Well first off, I cant think of any reason PES/WE would be improved by using a motion detecting sensor(s).
Secondly, I would be slightly apprehensive that Konami would find the right balance for such an option, and if it was any sort of significant implementation, it could totally ruin the whole engine of one, maybe more than one game of the series.

I'd hate to have to put a version down for something so needless and pretty much useless, just because they "could" include it.

Umm, I'm not sure if they should use that new feature on the controller. If there is really any innovative way to use it that really makes sense and works, then it's ok.

One thing that might work, even though it might sound funny to some people. You use Controller 1 as you would normally use in any PES/WE game, then you get a special wrap for your Controller 2, and you'll simply use your Controller 2 as the BALL. So instead of pressing the kick button, you kick your Controller 2. That would be fun trying to implement it. Maybe my idea is just shitte. Dunno. Having the Controller 2 to act as a ball.

I think Konami could use the technology for penalties. It wouldn't make them such a lottery and would give the user more control over the outcome of the spot kick. You could then blame yourself if you take a bad pen, and celebrate if you pull off a great save. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom