I blame the PS2

cregser

La Liga
8 March 2004
Dublin
I've been reading a lot of peeps dissin' Konami for the lack of real improvements to Pro Evo over recent years.

I don't think it's (only) because they're lazy. I think it's because they're commited to PS2, and the old black brick just can't cut it anymore. I believe that PES4,5,&6 have all been limited by the PS2's abilities and Konami are unwilling to remove features (namely AI) from the PS2 version, so PC and Xbox are held back.

I've always expected little from PES6. In fact I wasn't going to buy it (but I've been caught up in the annual hype ;)). I expect PES7 to be a big leap. However, if it isn't I'll join the moaners.

What do you think?

Nick Cave said:
Lazy!! Off field stuff has little to do with PS2 capability, as has most of the niggles and scripting.... and a lot to do with the fact until sales are hit Konami will do very little to the title....

Well said Nick Spot on

Another sorry excuse for Konami, again why do people insist on saying the PS2 can't handle PES? WHAT exactly is there to handle? the game doesn't even come close to having the best graphics on the PS2, the AI is so bad it has to cheat and it only has over 100 teams, so tell me, WHAT takes up all of the PS2?

Konami just can't be arsed changing the game, why? well if they change it now, what will they do in 2-3 years? they are doing it a baby step at a time, why put everything you can into one game, who would buy the next installment?

Konami are lazy, end of.

cregser said:
I don't think it's (only) because they're lazy. I think it's because they're commited to PS2, and the old black brick just can't cut it anymore. I believe that PES4,5,&6 have all been limited by the PS2's abilities and Konami are unwilling to remove features (namely AI) from the PS2 version, so PC and Xbox are held back.

a load of codswallop imo. you could have at least twice as many teams 20 teams and mulit-player on master league, improved editor quite easily on the PS2, let alone PC or ......

Nice to see everyone agreeing! I still hold hope for PES7. I'm expecting a big jump. Not graphics-wise, not features, bells and whistles-wise but football-wise.

And Dar! No job? tut tut. It's amazing how picky companies are even when they're screaming for staff (and vice versa - i want to leave mine).

Back
Top Bottom