I don't mean this in a rude way ...but why...

JohnnyUSA

League 2
5 August 2004
are people still playing PES/WE on PS2 - when in fact you can play a higher end game on the PC? It's faster - it's graphics are superior even on a decent computer - editing takes much shorter time(les expensive, no burning discs etc)
I have WE9 (Japanese for PS2) and PES5 for PC...I find that the PC game is just a smoother piece of work.

Now- am I wrong? ios the PS2 , b/c it is slower a better representation of football? Also - Is it me or does the PC attack better than the PS2 -sometimes I feel no attack from WE9 on the PS2 ....
What do you feel is better?

I prefer playing my [football] games on a console and none of that means shit to me. Plus I don't like waitin months to get my hands on the latest shit.

Don't be a tool man..

jumbo said:
I prefer playing my [football] games on a console and none of that means shit to me. Plus I don't like waitin months to get my hands on the latest shit.

Don't be a tool man..
Easy there big guy... He asked nicely...

Well, I for one play WE9 (the Jap version) on the PS2, for one reason and one reason only: because you can play with numerous friends.

10 guys, sitting around whilst enacting a mini-World Cup tournament, is where the fun is at.

Plus, they don't release the game on the PS2 for editing purposes, anyway. Most people are content with the game the way it is; editing is optional.

I have it on PS2, have it on PC and had it on Xbox/360. One thing is painfully obvious, the game was designed purely to be played on the PS2 and then ported over to the other formats. I got rid of it on 360 because the game isn't suited to analogue control IMO, and the 360's d-pad is horrible plus I couldn't use the Dreambox PS2 converter anymore like I could on Xbox. PC, I can use my Dual-Shock 2, but it's still not the same as playing on PS2, it's not got the responsiveness even if it's better in every other department.

PS2 version > all

I've got PC and PS2 versions, I been playing the PC version quite often cos of Kitserver and testing stuff but any other time it's PS2. Let's face it, playing your mates at PES on the PC just isn't the same. :roll:

johan said:
Ladies and gentleman we have a PC FANBOY in DA house..

Nah, a PC fanboy wouldn't play PES just because of the fact it's a console port. PC fanboys usually post on game forums dedicated to only PC games, and sneer at anything to do with consoles because they are sad and insecure, thinking playing games on a PC makes them better. Sad, but true.

Ive got the PC and XBOX version, Xbox version just plays better for me, ive always played on anolog, and going back playing on a PS2 pad on the PC is a massive step backwards from the Xbox pad for me.

Any one who still plays on D-PAD should be ashamed of themselves skillless wonders ;)

jumbo said:

Don't be a tool man..
Shut your face you jackass....I was asking a simple question

ClassicD said:
I have it on PS2, have it on PC and had it on Xbox/360. One thing is painfully obvious, the game was designed purely to be played on the PS2 and then ported over to the other formats. I got rid of it on 360 because the game isn't suited to analogue control IMO, and the 360's d-pad is horrible plus I couldn't use the Dreambox PS2 converter anymore like I could on Xbox. PC, I can use my Dual-Shock 2, but it's still not the same as playing on PS2, it's not got the responsiveness even if it's better in every other department.

PS2 version > all
Nice answer - so you feel the game plays more like a Sim on PS2 - you know I may agree with you there - I find that the PC version, despite being smootgher and prettier, is VERY fast, almost unrealistic....you can sprint coast to coast in record time.

jumbo said:
Don't be playin no "big guy" yourself.

He asked nicely but the intent was obvious.
What intent you friggin fool! I'm asking People's opinion of what they think is the better way to play the game.

the way this post sounded to me it seemed as if you were a fanboy making fun of the ps2 version. then i realized, hey maybe he doesn't mean bad. if that's not what you meant, sorry.

on the other hand, your sig and language clearly show your a tool.

jumbo said:
Don't be playin no "big guy" yourself.
Insulted with my "big guy" comment? You call yourself Jumbo right? Jumbo = slang for big... Did you forget about that? Hence my "big guy" comment.

Wtf?

Jumbo, I think you got the wrong end of the stick and at least you yourself acknowledged that might the case, but to call him a tool again because of that sig is out of order.

I like the PC version a lot but i do think the ps2 version might indeed be a bit more responsive. But this is also due to the fact that the PC version infact plays slower on my pc. I have a 19" CRT and a 6800 card. I play on 60hz (using reforce) and i also use speedgear to actually spead up the gameplay. Still, it's faster on both my widescreen and letterbox tv when i play it on ps2. Also, the pitch looks smaller when i play on my PC (or the camera seems to be positioned less wide) and i don't really like that. Apart from this i think i prefer the PC version. I am purely talking about gameplay though, i know it's nicer to play in the living room with friends than playing sitting behind your desk.

Anyway, I was suprised to read that pes5 plays so fast on your pc.
What are your specs and what kind of monitor do you use JohnnyUSA?

PS2 is definately more responsive, hence better.

WE/PES is all about responsiveness. :)

My reasons are exacly the same as Classic.
The game in the PC can look much better but it plays worse no matter the controller you use. It feels as if it's less responsive. When I play it in the PS2 it just feels more dinamic and... as it should be.

Anyway the PC graph supremacy days should be over as PS3 versions will surely deliver as much quality as the PC can deliver plus delivering all the extras of the "plug and play" philosophy that surrounds the console.

Yeah I agree but on the other hand, editing is so much simpler on the PC versions.

jumbo said:
the way this post sounded to me it seemed as if you were a fanboy making fun of the ps2 version. then i realized, hey maybe he doesn't mean bad. if that's not what you meant, sorry.

on the other hand, your sig and language clearly show your a tool.
This is why you were laughed off Soccergaming.Com - b/c you're an assclown...

Less hassle for me, rip game from DVD, patch, transfer to HD :)
On PS2, select game from list: WE9 usually, and play.
No need to ever worry about anything, like updates bla bla bla

And you can't play in front of a small screen, its all about 42" gaming :)
Unless you connect your PC to the TV, but still fan noise etc bla bla bla LOL

playing it on PC feels like playing a computer game, playing it on PS2 feels like playing football

ashmufc said:
And you can't play in front of a small screen, its all about 42" gaming :)

Amen to that brother :mrgreen:

It's like most have said, we/pes is made for ps2. On the ps2 it's just looks and feels more like real football.

Back
Top Bottom