I HATE PKs!!!

C

CapnKill

Especially since on-line ties are decided by them...

I made good saves but lost 3 games cause I hit hte post, or missed the goal completely, even with my striker!! Any tricks to this thing? I can't just hit it todwn the middle every time...

I agree with the fact PKs in WE are very hit and miss, literally! There's no skill involved as the AI randomly decides whether to have your shot go on target or off the post/bar/over/bye, even though you've pressed the same direction. It needs a better system, one that allows some level of skill to be used.

Although I'm sure PK wins online don't count, the match is recorded as a draw?

I disagree, in my experience PK's are influenced by how you take them.

I've noticed that if you move the D-Pad around deceiding on where to shoot you invariably miss but if you pick your spot and shoot with no messing about you more often than not hit the target.

Try it and you should see what I mean.

PK's online dont count as a win/loss.

It's like the official FIFA rule, the match goes down as a draw no matter what the result of the shoot out was.

So they're only a bit of fun really.

Have to agree to disagree Jim, I always decide where I'm putting it before my finger goes near the d-pad and I only press it once. It's completely random.

I think the longer you holder the button you have more chance of the ball going wide, but it says in the official PES5 guide other than the 6 directions you can choose it's completly random.

They should try something a bit different for PES6.

But really, what can you do to make penalty kicks exciting in a game?

I liked the Penalty-System in ISS 64 if somebody remembers?

It wasn't that realistic but much more fun than nowadays.

and a bit of skill was needed

iss5s.jpg

found a pic :D

I think what they could do is allow 100% analog control for both the kick taker and the keeper. If the ball actually goes where you select is based on the players stats, the lower they are, the further from the point you select the ball will go.

Make it so you can add bend and perform cheecky chips too for fun (only players with decent stats would get it right, people like Crouch would screw up in hilarious fasion).

Penalties are about a combination of skill and luck in real life. Seeing as PES/WE is a simulation, tweak the system so that it's penalties are about skill and luck as well.

And it might need a seperation between PK's against the CPU or an human opponent online and PK's against a human opponent playing on the same TV.

I liked ISS 64s way of doing it... basicaly I think if you hold hard to one side or the other your kick is going to be virtually unblockable but with a higher chance of missing, depending on the quality of your player.

If you just hold half way left or right you probably won't miss the goal but it will be blockable by the keeper.

I did not know they were recorded as a draw, so that helps a little, I haven't really checked my record, I'm just having too much fun playing this thing on-line and am SOOOO HAPPY that there is no lag. KONAMI RULES!!!

no way anybody's going to miss the goal if they press down when they shoot... just pray the keeper moves (even though i've done the nutmeg 2+ times)

Elber said:
I liked the Penalty-System in ISS 64 if somebody remembers?

It wasn't that realistic but much more fun than nowadays.

and a bit of skill was needed

memories.. but it was a little hard when on level 5 the blue spot of the CPU kicker suddenly disappeared and it just appeared at the moment he shooted.. you had to be as quick as you could to only HOPE to reach the ball..

another thing I liked of that, is that you could kick penalties also with a "lob" kick (just by pressing A instead of B) and, well.. it was soooooooo cooooooooool seeing the goalie that had the time to "turn around" and watch the ball that slowly went into the net just near the opposite post..

yeah iss64 had a great system... great thing was that you could turn the onscreen-aiming box off.. which one would use when playing multiplayer.. youd have to practice a bit to know exactly how holding the control stick would convert to the icon on screen if u get my drift... but yeah.. definately more skill involved :)

Yea PKS dont count as a loss. BUT if you win in PKS you get extra points and the loser gets 0. I always set up for extra time before pks. When I host of course.

The biggest thing that annoys me about PK's in WE9 is how the goalies JUMP over the low shots. It looks seriously idiotic... I mean, when have you ever seen that in real life??

It's also bit annoying how the shots are either high up or low along the ground... there is no way of you getting a low, hard shot off without having it go along the ground.

As for the PK system, I didn't mind the one in Football Kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom