I need help with full manual headers off corner kicks.

The_Knight

Champions League
13 December 2005
I am missing a ton of seemingly easy headers no matter when and for how long I press shoot. Doesn't matter if I hit it right before the ball arrives... or from the beginning. What am I doing wrong?

I am missing a ton of seemingly easy headers no matter when and for how long I press shoot. Doesn't matter if I hit it right before the ball arrives... or from the beginning. What am I doing wrong?

In many of those examples, the players are kind of jumping/reaching, leaning back or starting from a static position under the ball. If you use super cancel to just change the angle or timing of the approach, you can meet it in a more favourable position and with some momentum.

I haven't found timing to be very strict in this version - manual headers in 2019 needed some precise timing or flat out didn't work most of the time, but on this one you can press it early and the header will still happen. You do need to tap as quickly as possible to not put too much height on it, but I find the outcome depends mostly on the positioning and animation triggered.

You don't need to hold super cancel the whole time, just at the start to delay or change the run a bit. Spoony Pizzas has probably done a video on using it for headers. Obviously sometimes it's not really possible when you get control of the correct player too late or the cross is too fast, but on corners it can be possible depending on how you take them.

If you use super cancel to just change the angle or timing of the approach, you can meet it in a more favourable position and with some momentum.

I actually am kindof using supercancel. The reason the camera is switching early to gameplay view is because I'm taking control of the heading player and moving him, just like SpoonyPizzas said in his header/corner video. I guess I need to hit the corner with a full power bar while holding the upwards direction like he said.

I have trouble even getting my guy to right position to challenge. I think corners are the most unreliable aspect of PES this year

Do you use any gameplay mods? Those can also affect finishing, but this varies from patch to patch

Headers in PES are extremely imprecise for some reason i don't understand. But I notice that most of the time they are more precise if they are running to the ball you have more chances to make a goal that works for me and i was capable of score up to 3 header goal in a match, but if you are in a standing position or the ball go backward your header gonna fail 90% - 95% of the times.

It's annoying I don't want all header being goal but they fail a lot even in favorable situations.

Back
Top Bottom