I now play PES 2010 on PS3 | Have gotten rid of XBOX 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluchampblogger

League 2
6 June 2009
Finally. I've got the 120 GB slim PS3. After over a week of comparison and taking feedback from the forums, I've finally bought PS3. I've bought only three games along with it - PES 2010, Uncharted 2 and Little Big Planet. I guess the time I'd spend on these games would be 90-10 in favour of pro evo.

As you might know, I've replaced my XBOX 360 with PS3 - ONLY for PES 2010. As soon as I got the game, what I did was to download the latest WENB option file. Extracted the file and moved it to my Transcend pen drive. Plugged it to PS3 and transferred them. Pure bliss. No more file transfer complications and reliance on third party softwares and add-on devices. Some of the base colours applied by the WENB option file didn't look correct for me. So I changed them with brilliant Jackwhobra's formulae.

And then, I did something that's impossible to do with unmodded XBOX 360, even with any of those softwares and devices. I transferred the chants pack for all top European teams. The transferring and assigning of those chants to the various teams was so unbelievably easy. So what I now have is - complete emblems, kits, top teams from German league and the chants.

I love the control panels of PS3 over XBOX360's. Much more than I had in 360, I 'feel' that I'm in complete control of the settings of PS3. I thought the look and feel of the control panels of PS3 would not be better than XBOX360. I was wrong. Not only the PS3 screens look beautiful they are also highly customisable.

I'm still getting used to the Dualshock controllers. I like the fact that the PS3 controller is lighter than that of XBOX 360. The placement of the left analog stick was a bit awkward for me at the beginning. In just a matter of two days, I feel comfortable with the arrangement of buttons and sticks. The one thing that was better in the XBOX 360 controller was the triggers (L2 & R2). These buttons in the dualshock controller kind of evade my grip.

And you know what, there are a list of things that have won me over:

1. PS3 is Wi-Fi enabled, not sure if 360 is, at least it is more easy and visible in PS3.
2. PS3 controllers do not need batteries to be replaced. You just charge them on the PS3.
3. Transfer of data from your PC to PS3 is so easy - option files, image files, chants etc
4. The dualshock controller is very impressive. Now, I like it better than the 360 controllers
5. PS3 has an in-built internet browser that can even bring up youtube videos
6. Large Pro Evo community in PS3 - to share stuff and play online (the quality of online gamers is better in PS3 I heard :-)
7. Uncharted 2 & Little Big Planet - good enough reasons to own a PS3

Overall, I'm glad that I bought a PS3. This must be my best gaming decision of this year. I'm not trying to sell PS3 here. If you're a pro evo fan and if you can shell out the money, get the slim PS3. You'll enjoy it, thoroughly.

Finally. I've got the 120 GB slim PS3. After over a week of comparison and taking feedback from the forums, I've finally bought PS3. I've bought only three games along with it - PES 2010, Uncharted 2 and Little Big Planet. I guess the time I'd spend on these games would be 90-10 in favour of pro evo.

As you might know, I've replaced my XBOX 360 with PS3 - ONLY for PES 2010. As soon as I got the game, what I did was to download the latest WENB option file. Extracted the file and moved it to my Transcend pen drive. Plugged it to PS3 and transferred them. Pure bliss. No more file transfer complications and reliance on third party softwares and add-on devices. Some of the base colours applied by the WENB option file didn't look correct for me. So I changed them with brilliant Jackwhobra's formulae.

And then, I did something that's impossible to do with unmodded XBOX 360, even with any of those softwares and devices. I transferred the chants pack for all top European teams. The transferring and assigning of those chants to the various teams was so unbelievably easy. So what I now have is - complete emblems, kits, top teams from German league and the chants.

I love the control panels of PS3 over XBOX360's. Much more than I had in 360, I 'feel' that I'm in complete control of the settings of PS3. I thought the look and feel of the control panels of PS3 would not be better than XBOX360. I was wrong. Not only the PS3 screens look beautiful they are also highly customisable.

I'm still getting used to the Dualshock controllers. I like the fact that the PS3 controller is lighter than that of XBOX 360. The placement of the left analog stick was a bit awkward for me at the beginning. In just a matter of two days, I feel comfortable with the arrangement of buttons and sticks. The one thing that was better in the XBOX 360 controller was the triggers (L2 & R2). These buttons in the dualshock controller kind of evade my grip.

And you know what, there are a list of things that have won me over:

1. PS3 is Wi-Fi enabled, not sure if 360 is, at least it is more easy and visible in PS3.
2. PS3 controllers do not need batteries to be replaced. You just charge them on the PS3.
3. Transfer of data from your PC to PS3 is so easy - option files, image files, chants etc
4. The dualshock controller is very impressive. Now, I like it better than the 360 controllers
5. PS3 has an in-built internet browser that can even bring up youtube videos
6. Large Pro Evo community in PS3 - to share stuff and play online (the quality of online gamers is better in PS3 I heard :-)
7. Uncharted 2 & Little Big Planet - good enough reasons to own a PS3

Overall, I'm glad that I bought a PS3. This must be my best gaming decision of this year. I'm not trying to sell PS3 here. If you're a pro evo fan and if you can shell out the money, get the slim PS3. You'll enjoy it, thoroughly.

Same here bud, just cant seem to get comfortable with the R2. Apart from that, buying a PS3 slim for Pro Evo 2010 was definately one of my best buys.

loving the ps3....bought it only for PES....
i don't like gaming in general...but i love PES...

2 yrs ago I bought the 360 and sold it within 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom