I present you... the free kick bug.

Androctonvs

Discovered The FK Bug
30 November 2003
Portugal
SL Benfica
If you want to score any long distance free kick (and I mean any, starting for like 30 meters), simply use the 2 players method.
Select one to pass the ball and another with 90+shot-power (like Sheva) to kick it. Fill the bar to like 3/4 and celebrate... the keeper is way ahead of the place he should be!! There's no chance of defending.

Already scored from 30...33...37 and 43 meters. Just pressed up during fill of the energy bar.
This can be quite cool against the computer, but kinda lame against humanoids...

Works for WE9 PS2 and PSP and PES5.

Last edited:
Hmm I tried on my Xbox but it didn't work.
When you take a free kick
The 2nd player have to pass the ball and the 1st player has to shoot 3/4 of the power bar?
But? Do I have to change direction of the free kick and Does it matter witch leg the player uses. Or how high his shot accuracy is and stuff. And from witch side does the 2nd kicker have to pass the ball??

On the xbox, is it the same to lay the ball off, u have to click down the left analog stick? Or is it different?

Does the keeper not move for it then at all, cos keeper seems to be prettuy active for a change whenever i have played on it

I score almost all of my free kicks like that, i scored a really long distance one with Nakamura in WE9 and with Juninho in PES5. It's a cool bug.

Sad if this is true, although I think you still need a certain amount of skill to pull this off. Tridek2 seems to be the only one who sees how bad it is to make such things public. I don't want an on-line game where you can't make a foul at any place on your own half of the pitch without being defeated by a bug :roll:

Han said:
Sad if this is true, although I think you still need a certain amount of skill to pull this off. Tridek2 seems to be the only one who sees how bad it is to make such things public. I don't want an on-line game where you can't make a foul at any place on your own half of the pitch without being defeated by a bug :roll:

Man, you can't see how frustrating it is to lose a game in FIFA 2005 online just because someone exploited a bug of the game. You win not because of your skills, but because you know the bug. That's why this year I'll dump FIFA instead of buying both games.

You still have some very good points there, some skill is still needed to pull this off, and people will be more afraid of commiting foults!

Peace ;) !!

Yes, but I did agree with your post! Maybe I did not use the right words.
I pointed out you was right with your comments :)
So we fully agree with each other. How boring that is ;)

Indeed, in my opinion you need the skill to stop at 3/4 and to aim it well, it's possible in real games as well, sometimes the keeper just can't do anything about a long ranged shot because there are too much people in de box, I think this isn't really a bug but something that can happen...

Is this when you tee up a free-kick for someone to strike, but you tee it up 'towards' the kicker rather than 'away' from him? Ever since they put the ability to tee it up into the series this 'bug' has been there. When the ball is nudged to the side the GK moves slightly and if you aim at his corner and manage to get the ball past the wall/players in the box, it will go in.

It's not a bug, and to say you will always score is nonsense. Often the ball is blocked by players in the box, or the wall, or it simply doesn't hit the target. It's also nothing new.

I think I do, the use of two players to take a free-kick with one supplying the short pass and the other taking the shot. :roll:

It's only a certain goal if you get it on target, get past the wall and get it through any players crowding the box. It's not a certain goal every single time you hit it. It's easily defended by selecting one of your players and placing him in the gap to the side of the wall where this goal comes from. If you are complaining about always being able to score against the CPU with it, then don't use it and shoot directly. I have tried using this many times in WE9/PES5 and had the shot blocked by players in a crowded box. I've also scored from it.

It's not a bug.

I think I do, the use of two players to take a free-kick with one supplying the short pass and the other taking the shot.

It's only a certain goal if you get it on target, get past the wall and get it through any players crowding the box. It's not a certain goal every single time you hit it. It's easily defended by selecting one of your players and placing him in the gap to the side of the wall where this goal comes from. If you are complaining about always being able to score against the CPU with it, then don't use it and shoot directly. I have tried using this many times in WE9/PES5 and had the shot blocked by players in a crowded box. I've also scored from it.

It's not a bug.

So, the keeper running towards the ball when should be in some other place LIKE IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE is no bug?
Suit yourself - I want some of your drugs.

You make it out to be something that cannot be stopped. It's only a bug if you can't prevent a goal, which is not the case.

But if you want to ignore that fact and pretend it's undefendable, "suit yourself".

The problem is going to be that if this bug isn't fixed in the final version, online play will be ruined by people who will do nothing but practice how to score everytime with this free kick. It's not like you have a choice whether to foul players much of the time in PES5 with fouls being called for contact even when you don't hit the tackle button or when you try to make a legitimate tackle from the front. I don't know about other people but I probably conceed about ten free kicks a game, probably more, within 50 yards to the goal. If somebody practices this free kick to pretty much a fine art then that's 10 sure goals each game! I had a bit of a try in practice mode today and scored 4 out of about 20 attempts. Mainly I messed up because of over-powering but the goalkeeper was out of position when the ball went over the top of the goal.

Fingers crossed they sort this out. Is there any kind of patch Konami will be able to do to stop the bug?

this isnt a bug and is nothing new at all. you could do this in pes4 and we8i with a 85% success rate. the difference is that when online anyone but a begginer will know its coming so they will set a defender up to block it.

so if you ask me this will not spoil online play and im surprised not many knew that it was the same for pes4 judging by this thread (not meaning to soundy cocky or whatever there btw).

so yeah basivally i agree with classicD.

the main problem is freekicks overall, im scoreing 90% from anywere withing 45 yards with the likes of nakamura and riquelme (not laying it off just shooting). i wasnt that good at free kicks on we8i or pes4 with a success rate of about 40% so imo free kicks are way too easy as they are easier than 1on1s (well i am crapm at finishing so that might just be me).

TheWolf said:
online play will be ruined by people who will do nothing but practice how to score everytime with this free kick.
It's no different to playing someone who knows how to take a direct free-kick properly IMO. It's easily defended, just shunt someone into the gap and they can't score.

Well, in pes4 even if you had Beckham I WOULD VERY RARELY SCORE. But in real life I bet he scores more freekicks than he misses (or nearly) so this is more realistic.

timsmith10000 said:
Well, in pes4 even if you had Beckham I WOULD VERY RARELY SCORE. But in real life I bet he scores more freekicks than he misses (or nearly) so this is more realistic.
I get your point Tim ;)

but are you sure about this? :mrgreen: :lol:

If it is I'd love to be Beckham but I very very highly doubt even the world's greatest FK takers in my opinion Juninho Pernambucano or Marcos Assuncao have a 50% conversion rate let alone David Beckham scoring MORE than he misses! :shock:

That'd be just crazy and I'm guesing answer isn't even close. I don't have stats but if somebody can gather some it'd be interesting to see if conversion rate is even 10% from all his attempts.

I'm guessing it's less than that.

timsmith10000 said:

Beckham scoring more than he misses? Definately not.

Oh, but I agree with PLf. Juninho Pernambucano; Best Free-Kick Taker in the world.

maybe from 25 yards he as a success rate of more than 50% (still doubt it though) but from anywhere inside 40 yards? i dont think so, he doesnt even shoot from this far out which makes this part of the game so unrealistic as even with average free kick takers you can score 80-90% from anywhere inside 40 yards :(. hopefully the lag will be sorte online so we can quickly put players on the line :D

james_chelliah said:
Beckham scoring more than he misses? Definately not.

Oh, but I agree with PLf. Juninho Pernambucano; Best Free-Kick Taker in the world.
Yeah mate for me right now Marcos Assuncao and Juninho are the 2 best FK takers in world and of course many come close but i dont think in past 2-3 years anybody has conversion rate as close to those 2.

BUT... I highly doubt even WITHIN 25-30 yards, the BEST FK taker in world has anywhere even close to 50% conversion rate. That is just absolutely too much.. I think you'll find BEST FK taker in world probably has something like 20% max as well more like 10% probably.

Of course I don't have stats but if someone can gather them from a reliable source it'd be very interesting to look at.

Back
Top Bottom