I saw Star Wars Ep III on Sunday...

Joystick

Deep like Titanic
10 August 2004
London
The Arse
Im writing this precautionary post so that no one gets upset with 'spoilers' etc. but I can tell you broadly what the film is like without giving away any plot/scenes. Will post up impressions if anyone's interested?

Dont think there are any major spoilers. Everyone knows the plot line and what the major scenes hold so it wont do any harm in giving your impressions.
Just curious though, how and where did you see it?

*Spoiler*

Darth Vader makes an appearance as himself. Thats all there is to know, what more where you expecting to see?

knh4 said:
Dont think there are any major spoilers. Everyone knows the plot line and what the major scenes hold so it wont do any harm in giving your impressions.
Just curious though, how and where did you see it?

One of my mates is a journo, and I was lucky enough to be his +1 to an advance screening at the Odeon in Leicester Square. 9am on a Sunday though, raw hang over but worth it TBH :mrgreen:

Basically you're right, you already know the major plot, but there are many small scenes and action sequences which I wont ruin for you. Anyways the film is AWESOME, seriously. I personally was bitterly disappointed with Ep I and especially Ep II, but this final chapter is a real return to form for Lucas. In short it just answers all the questions you always wanted to know and gives a proper background to loads of characters who appear in the classic trilogy. Not just Darth Vader but also Yoda, Obi Wan, Leia, Luke, Darth Sidiuos, R2D2 and C3PO, even Chewbacca (really). Straight afterwards I wanted to watch 'A New Hope' again to see it in a different light.

In terms of cinematic quality, it seems Lucas might have paid attention to some of the criticism leveled at the first 2 films. As you can imagine and expect the CGI is breathtaking (particularly the opening scene), but this time it is properly complimented by vastly improved performances from all the actors, with the possible exception of the wooden-as-ever Natalie Portman. Hayden Christensen has grown up a bit, and consequently plays the darker Anakin much more convincingly. Im not really a fan of Ewan McGregor, but you have to say in this final outing he does very well in his role.

The whole film has a very dark overtone for a Star Wars movie, which is gripping to the end and just feels so much more substantial and satisfying compared to the lightweight Eps I & II. The film I saw has yet to be rated and I really hope they dont cut anything out to make it a PG. Crucially (for me at least) there are NO Jar Jar Binks esque, throw-away, novelty characters, the blissful absence of which makes the film a much more serious affair. Having said that there are some genuinely funny parts, which had the cinema creasing up.

Overall it gives the impression that they pulled out all the stops for this one because its the last effort, and it really shows. If you have any interest in Star Wars at all, go and see it when it comes out. Im just so glad they finally pulled their fingers out for the final Star Wars offering. Its the first time since LOTR that ive left a cinema buzzing.

Last edited:
Can you make a thread with a spoiler and clearly marked spoiler, or PM me what happens LOL Like the main things that happen, like who dies, who kills them, etc PLease Thanks.

ashmufc said:
Can you make a thread with a spoiler and clearly marked spoiler, or PM me what happens LOL Like the main things that happen, like who dies, who kills them, etc PLease Thanks.

PM him with that so he can ruin it for his mates, most of us dont wanna know

Joystick said:
One of my mates is a journo, and I was lucky enough to be his +1 to an advance screening at the Odeon in Leicester Square. 9am on a Sunday though, raw hang over but worth it TBH :mrgreen:

:P

Back
Top Bottom