I switched to Manual Shooting two months ago. Here's my experience.

The_Knight

Champions League
13 December 2005
I've made huge strides, and the game is incomparably more rewarding now. But there's still plenty to learn:

Finesse shots are the most difficult. If I can learn those, I'll be very happy.

Timestamps:

00:00 Introduction
01:09 Assisted Shooting Woes
01:26 Manual Shooting is Straight
02:37 Overpowering your shot
04:18 Why Manual Passing is Easier - Frequency of Practice
05:04 Why Manual Passing is Easier - Margin of Error
07:02 Why Manual Passing is Easier - Player Moves
07:55 Why Manual Passing is Easier - More Time
08:46 Aiming on Target
09:43 Finesse Shot Problem
11:50 Chip Shots on Manual
13:00 Broadcast Camera on Manual
14:30 Manual Crossing and Headers
16:46 Manual Bicycle Kicks
17:07 Animations Improved on Manual
18:40 AI shooting on Full Manual
20:07 Getting started on Full Manual

Last edited:

Good luck trying to score with finesse shots on manual. I can only make those shots in practice.
In this video i was shooting with players that don't have great stats like Messi, Dybala,etc. With them,
i can hit shots like the assisted ones.
Also, for low finesse shots inside the box, try to shoot with the pass button.

Been complaining about the R2 finnesse curling shots (while in full manual shooting) for ages, where it just doesnt work the way it should... Less curl than basic shooting, plus the aiming is way off.... Even in practice, it is completely broken. I even use the L2 aiming curser and the ball goes well wider than the intended direction. I did a video on this with either salah or messi showing that even the greats cant pull it off (not as well as they should anyways) :

Ive been hoping and testing (in free training) with patch after patch, but its never been fixed.. So i now play P0 passing but with basic shooting... Can finally pull off the r2 finesse shots (contextual and definitely not overpowered as i still miss alot) with great curl plus basic shoot just seems way more varied (even with errors) than full manual.. And more contextual and individualized suiting player ability. I want to go back to full manual everything including shooting, but not until its fixed.. Basic is good enough for now. Cannot see much changing pes 2021.

Good luck trying to score with finesse shots on manual. I can only make those shots in practice.
In this video i was shooting with players that don't have great stats like Messi, Dybala,etc. With them,
i can hit shots like the assisted ones.
Also, for low finesse shots inside the box, try to shoot with the pass button.
It's quite infuriating. I've shown in the video with Salah in training that even though Salah is running towards the post and I'm not moving the stick, the manual finesse went towards the corner flag. This can't be right.

The problem and my suggestion for fixing it:

I made this video to post in konami facebook page. It's older than the one a posted above.

Maybe i can post here some curved shots that i hit in practice, if i have time to record.

i also started with manual passing and now i am good with this.
Now tried some games with full manual shooting and gives the game a boost of fun!!
Its way more realistic, everyone who played soccer in real life know, that you could even miss an empty goal 🤣
also i noticed that AI shooting way more bad when i am on full manual, its like the game know what settings you play and adapt the CPU AI.
But i have problems with finess manual shoots, only could get them on goal when moving left stick straight onto the goal.
But overall now games are much more fun than before

Recorded today, playing on pc with Armaggedon gameplay mod. But there is no difference comparing to vanilla DP8 gameplay.

I have been scoring plenty of manual headers for manual crosses not sure how but I found them easier to score then shooting into an open net as I still have some crazy sitters.😆

I've commented this under Knight's video as well but what I've found is it's easier to hit them to on incoming pass or if you have some distance between ball and player

Unfortunately it was not possible to see in leaked gameplay if the pass bug was fixed. Sometimes the power gauge is not really precise.

I am FUMA 100% - never once have my attempts at a finesse shot even come close, as in, I have yet to hit the target with one!

Also, I have to use the directional arrow when shooting otherwise I miss the few opportunities that I do have.

I'm new to FUMA, and I wonder if FUMA means that player stats don't matter as I'm in full control of the pass/shot?

Back
Top Bottom