I think I am the worst player EVER!

S

Stupid Wanker

OK guys, this is my first post. I made my nickname because that is how I feel when I play this game. I have been reading posts for a while now and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I either win 1-0 tie 1-1 or 0-0 or lose 0-1. If I play 10 games I will be 2-5-3. And when I score, I am not really sure how I did it or what I did differently. I play with Brazil and lose to Bulgaria…that is how bad it is.

DEFENSE- I am good on defense. I don’t need much help there.

OFFENSE- I get 7-8 shots on goal a game. I play 10 min. is that bad or good? I seem to have twice as many shots as the CPU and half the goals. I shoot 8 times and no goals. They shoot 3 times and have 1 goal. I usually ALWAYS dominate possession.

FREE KICKS- I GET A LOT OF THESE!! At least 3-4 per game inside 25 yards, quite a few from on the edge of the box. And do you know how many I have made? ZERO never nada zip zilch. I practice them over and over again until I am sick of them. And I never get it right. I passed the 4* level but I swear it was a fluke. NO CLUE how I did it.

CORNER KICKS- I win a lot of these also 2-3 a game at least. But I can never get a good pass into the box for a man in good position. I never score a goal on them. I did on WE7 (didn’t buy WE8 cause I never beat WE7 so scoring has been a problem for 3 years! But I still go back for more)

I am new soccer….err futbol fan. I’m a yank and I am sure some of you will say that is my problem. So I do not know as much about the game as you guys do. Do I want to play a left footed player on the left or the right side? See, there are little things that I don’t know that I am sure the CPU penalizes me for. I give up too many stoppage time goals for it to be any other way.

Anyone have a little pitty?

Well for starters if your new to futbol and to this game it will take time. It is not an easy game. What level are you playing on? Start on the easier levels and work your way up. This game is harder than WE7 and without playing WE8 it is a jump. As for the left sided players, yes you should play them on the left side. Just practice and work on formations. What formation are you using?

Ezio

alrite mate, practice makes perfect, as hard as it is to take, just play div 1 players on line as playing against someone good will (however painful the beatings are to start with) improve you, watch how they play, the angles they make with passes etc. I've grown up with football (i'm english so its football, never soccer) and back in the day (i'm old 29 now) my coach at chelsea used to tell us if you have the ball the opposition can not hurt you. Same applies to this game, keep possession at all costs, dont be afraid to pass backwards in the pass aint on. this will piss the other guy off forcing him to move further up the field, making space for you. Try various formations to see which one you prefer, i like the 4-5-1, as its good for defensive and attacking options.
Look out for me online (iceobar) and we will play

I play on 4* and only on ML. I dont play on line but thanks for the invite. I have reached or beat all levels of practice. I am 30 so I feel ya!

Stupid Wanker said:
I play on 4* and only on ML. I dont play on line but thanks for the invite. I have reached or beat all levels of practice. I am 30 so I feel ya!

Drop it down to 3* till you get used to it. The CPU tends to play better in the ML than in friendlies etc.

Ezio

well I started on 1* I played about 3 seasons in ml and I jumped to 3*
I am now the leader with 7 points advantage in my second season. I am thinking of going to 5* and then who knows...

Nick Cave said:
Free kicks are a lottery you can practice all you want but try hitting two free kicks a game............
Totally wrong!!!
Freekicks are all about skill. I've once scored 7 against the CPU in a 10 game. Its all about position, technique and a bit of luck with the wall and other players around you.

1- Just try simple passes.

2- Don't over do it with tricks (360 ect...)

3- Try to master through passes.

Stupid wanker (feels like an insult, not a nickname - sorry about that) - I think I am as bad as you. I keep having to drop it down to 3* as I keep going away to playing other games but in the end always come back to PES/WE.

As for free kicks - only time I ever scored one was the first time I played WE8 in a shop!:lmao:

I got WE9 in North America about 1 and a half weeks ago. I'm currently playing a La Liga season with Barcelona on 4 stars. Out of 35 games I only lost 1 and tied 3. Can't wait to move to 5 stars. If you wanna get better than just focus a lot during the game, practice a lot, and if you feel like one way is not working then be patient try different ways.

When I first got Winning Elven 6, I was absolute garbage as well. I don't think I even scored my first 10 or so games.

As another American I would suggest actually watching lots of soccer games, if you don't.

johan said:
There's always place for FIFA :)

Very constructive, sensitive and funny posting this litle bit ...funny as hell...
How old are you 10 or 11????
The nick of the person who started this thread would have suited you better...

RuneEdge said:
Totally wrong!!!
Freekicks are all about skill. I've once scored 7 against the CPU in a 10 game. Its all about position, technique and a bit of luck with the wall and other players around you.

Can you post a Freekick master class thread Rune coz
I must really suck at Freekicks!!

I never dominate possesion, even when playing eg. Brazil vs. Treviso. I try but can only get over 50% if I keep passing around in my defense:S. Anyone got any tips?

Playing at 6* and 5* btw

I have a similar problem to this guy but I know the reason.

In PSX ISS Pro Evo 1 and 2 I ruled although I still missed a lot of shots. The key was in my aerial ability, I rocked in crosses and header timming, which compensated on my cronic lack of quality when shooting at goal.

When the game passed to PS2 and as Konami developted the strange "you will fail 9 in 10 crosses and headers you make muhahahaha" option the problem became more evident.

Nowadays I usually get 55,60% possession against both human or CPU opponents but since crossing is a close to zero productive option for me* and scoring 1vs1 is surely not my strongest point I have to create about 10 goal ocasions to score a goal.

Games vs humans were I have 2,3 times more shots on goal and more posession and then loose against 1,2 ocasions are everyday sacrifice I must endure :).

Back
Top Bottom