If PES 2008 was titled something different and made by a different company.....

Cammey

Shirt Untucker
12 October 2004
Lancashire,England
Everton FC and Burnley FC
It would have been slated in every review and by every member on every pro evo forum.

And if FIFA 08 was labled PES 2008 and was made by Seabass it would have all the PES fans in raptures.

Anybody agree?

Yes, but you could have said that in another thread because this one will be gone within the hour. :mryellow:

Seriously though, I do and I don't. PES is still PES, and that's what the guys who love it are loving. But a lot aren't prepared to even try FIFA (in my credit, I wasn't looking forward to PES but I spent money to rent it and give it a chance, and I even liked it and was very positive about it for the first match or two).

It's still PES underneath and so even if there's little changes people will still buy it and enjoy it. It's not fair, as it will mean PES2009 is the same again, but that's life. Thank God that EA have got their act together, that's what I say.

(I just hope the goalkeepers and defenders are a bit less perfect next year)

In a way yes, there is no getting away from the fact Konami's latest offering is poor comparatively and EA's is better than what they have done before.. The amount of faults on PES08 just amazes me this time..

When FIFA was changing from simulator to arcade game the reviews was to low but when the same happened to PES, you know the result...

Pro Evo is still Pro Evo, that's its best feature and also its greatest flaw. The PES series has a consistency about it and this one is no different in terms of what's important, the gameplay. For all the new Teamvision AI and new tricks etc it's the same game underneath. By that logic, it's hard to call it rubbish as it's a winning formula.

What you can say is that is unambitious, lazy even. Konami appear to have rested on their laurels somewhat while their competitors have made strides. By comparison, PES looks and feels a bit dated. IMO, this is because their team is overstretched working across formats and across gens (something Seabass has alluded to in recent interviews) but that's for another thread.

However, foundations are still there, hence why you won't see any really bad scores as it's tough to criticise something that's still fundamentally good, even if it is missing bells and whistles.

FIFA meanwhile builds itself from scratch each year and hence fails to hold this same type of continuity, leaving it open to harsh criticism if the reviewer/gamer simply doesn't 'get it'. I hope, genuinely, that EA build from '08 and don't go back to the hackneyed gimmicks and style over substance from the dark ages of FIFA's past. :p

I love the way that pes has the adverts for the companys and websites that lick its arse in it, like IGN, and official 360 mag and so on

It would have been slated in every review and by every member on every pro evo forum.

And if FIFA 08 was labled PES 2008 and was made by Seabass it would have all the PES fans in raptures.

Anybody agree?
100% agreed mate. Also if Konami didnt pay off the magazines it would get slated too. Ive said my bit on it and I think my avatar sums up what I think of PES... I cant believe I went to a Launch Event for this game last Friday and was one of the 1st in Bristol to get it!!

critisising adboards whats this world coming to man its a sad day when some1 judges a game by adboards and as if /when servers are non laggy pes 2008 will be best ever pes to be made

critisising adboards whats this world coming to man its a sad day when some1 judges a game by adboards and as if /when servers are non laggy pes 2008 will be best ever pes to be made

How long have you been playing PES/WE?

to say its the best one yet i presume not long

as long as the review are bad it make make Konami pull there fingers out of there arses

Instead of reviews like IGN licking there arses and letting em get away with it

as long as the review are bad it make make Konami pull there fingers out of there arses

Instead of reviews like IGN licking there arses and letting em get away with it

Fully agree here. Unfortunally the community seems to have no impact at all...

How long have you been playing PES/WE?

to say its the best one yet i presume not long

I completely agree with him, this game is as good as PES5 which was the one i've always preferred...it's miles ahead of PES6. But to be honest i've never played a WE version...

I actually said aloud while playing this with mates. ''This isn't Pro-Evo, it's World League Soccer on the PS3''.

If anyone remembers that game, it was a nearly ran before Iss Pro Evolution 98 and just the look of PES now reminds me of it.

If a patch does sort out online and the jittering madness that i get on a decent spec HDTV then PES 2008 will make an 8/10 for as at times the gameplay still feels at home to me and using the R2 dribbling i tend to be able to make the game as slow or fast as i want to, but like plenty of other old time fans have said before me, as it stands it's dissapointing.

I completely agree with him, this game is as good as PES5 which was the one i've always preferred...it's miles ahead of PES6. But to be honest i've never played a WE version...

I miss Gerd (not defending what he said to Lami, that was uncalled for) and Zee to be honest :/

I miss Gerd (not defending what he said to Lami, that was uncalled for) and Zee to be honest :/

I just noticed this thread because i am loving the PS2 version. I was about to say the same thing about gerd when i saw your post. I wondered what had happened to him as i didnt realise he had gone too. I don’t know what was said but oh well. Yep i miss his comments and Deco too.

Back
Top Bottom