Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
I'm keeping this really simple for now - before we end up planning things in detail only to find that nobody really wants it!

If there was an Evo-Web podcast, would you listen, or do you get enough discussion and news updates through the forum? Please vote using the form above.

There are already a few regular PES podcasts out there, all with excellent content and some with insider views from guys lucky enough to have played PES 2020 - anything we produced would probably be a little different (news discussion, debates about certain parts of the game, retrospectives etc.).

However - I don't know if there'd be much interest when you consider how many other podcasts are out there already, and (more importantly) how many people are going to take an hour out of their day to listen to stuff they could just read instead.

Let us know (and be honest)!

The good thing with podcast is that you can listen to it while working or doing other important things, unlike reading where you need to focus.
So far, I'm the only one who voted yes!:D

Last edited:
I would listen of course, once to try it out. I rather doubt that i would continue to listen if the extreme negativity towards Konami is the same as on the forums.
The aim of a podcast should be to get a better game. And yes, i tend to agree that te current game is not good. But if you want to have an impact and hope to influence things then some diplomacy would not be bad.

Each year the thread about the new game is a sewer imo, each year there are dozens of posts about collaborators of Konami who are seen as cunts and worse. Getting personal will not get us anywhere.

And then there is another danger, the opposite to what is in the thread. What do people who start a podcast hope? To play early versions of the game. People tend to 'forget' to be critical towards the company who gives the mearly copies…

There used to be a very good podcast about the SSX games, that is the way a game podcast (about one game) should be imo.

My friend Chris, don't take this as a personal attack. If there is one person on this forum who can away with this and make a decent podcast, it's you...perhaps together with Matt (American Fulham fan, i think, not sure about his name, nice guy).

• Staff
Each year the thread about the new game is a sewer imo, each year there are dozens of posts about collaborators of Konami who are seen as cunts and worse. Getting personal will not get us anywhere.
I think this is a massive exaggeration of the discussion and I'm sick of hearing this, to be honest. (Not from you, but from anyone.) We allow criticism, we don't allow personal attacks and when they happen (because if you allow critique, there will always be someone who takes it too far) we shut it down. The alternative is that we don't allow that avenue of constructive criticism and debate to be explored.

The people who say this kind of thing ("it's a sewer") are the "it's only a game, who cares" guys. You could put anything in that context and shut down a conversation - football itself is only a game... At the end of the day, we're a fan site entirely focused on the game. It'd be pointless being here if every post was either A) "perfect game" or B) "my striker has the same shot accuracy as my defender but people starve to death every day so shut up and accept it"...

This kind of gross misrepresentation of the site really gets to me, and I hear it most often from people who have heard of Evo-Web but never actually visit.

Last edited:
voted no.

if PES was the high-calibre stats game machine we're after with proper meaningful competition or if the podcast would actually be able to shift the games direction to being one of the best footy games out there, I'd change my mind.

I voted no because i think the forum is already good enough, we already go deep about what is wrong with Pes.

I think this is a massive exaggeration of the discussion and I'm sick of hearing this, to be honest. (Not from you, but from anyone.) We allow criticism, we don't allow personal attacks and when they happen (because if you allow critique, there will always be someone who takes it too far) we shut it down. The alternative is that we don't allow that avenue of constructive criticism and debate to be explored.

The people who say this kind of thing ("it's a sewer") are the "it's only a game, who cares" guys. You could put anything in that context and shut down a conversation - football itself is only a game... At the end of the day, we're a fan site entirely focused on the game. It'd be pointless being here if every post was either A) "perfect game" or B) "my striker has the same shot accuracy as my defender but people starve to death every day so shut up and accept it"...

This kind of gross misrepresentation of the site really gets to me, and I hear it most often from people who have heard of Evo-Web but never actually visit.

Well, he could go into the pes 2020 discussion thread right now and see that what he said is absolutely wrong. We aren't personally attacking Adam and Asim or anyone else at Konami since a long time now. Mods are quite good to keep a balance between criticism and personal insults.

Yes.

I don't think there's enough podcasts or audible discussion with quality about the franchise to be honest.

Yes we have Youtubers like True Brits/PESology and PESuniverse's podcasts which i find are the more articulate and thoughtful discussions about the game but i think there could be room something a bit more broad, Maybe something that discusses not only PES, but all football games, FIFA, Indy football games, Retro & maybe even real world football and other video games. Content that reflects the various boards we have here.

That's if it is of course going to be an Evo-Web podcast and not an Evo-Web PES podcast.

Our forum is pretty broad after all and having something personable with users coming on and talking could be pretty insightful and fun.

We are a pretty sophisticated forum so I can imagine it would have the kind of frankness, constructiveness and cynical wit we all know & love here.

Chris, you know damn well that i visit Evo-Web frequently and this for more than 15 years.
I've been asking to make a news thread about the upcoming game, but mods refuse to do this (i've asked it last year, dodn't bother this year because it was refused). That is the only reason why i visit that thread almost daily.

I know for years that we have different opinions about that thread. The worst thing about that thread is that the negativism of a minority, works compulsive on others.

I know there are very good discussions about the game, but imo they are too long to read and that is why a (spoken) podcast would be a blessing imo.

I for my part am sick of reading the opinions of the people who claim that they have stopped playing PES but are still regularly in that thread. Why do they bother? Even worse, in that thread there are people who claim that the fact that the game is detoriorating is to blame on the people who still buy it. That is absolute nonsense. Imagine that nobody would buy it. What would happen you think? There would be no more PES.

In the past i've made tons of constructive proposals (starting a crowd funding for a third game for example) but apart from a few likes, nobody reacts.

And Chris, we live in a free world, i have every right to call that thread a sewer, whether you like that or not. I'm sorry to come over confrontational, that is not really my intention, but somehow i felt defensive after reading your reaction. I apologize if i have offended you, because i like you very much (and you know that).

Take care my friend.

I very much agree with @MafiaMurderBag in the need for audible discussion with quality about the franchise.

From what I've heard the Pesuniverse pods are mostly about Myclub and for me the Footy United pod left a vakuum to be filled with stuff about AI and gameplay in general, including trips down memory lane.

As Mafia also said, a Evo-web pod could also be broadened to also cover other gaming stuff including "the other game".

Very much hope it will happen and good luck if so!

Oh and :TU: on having Matt10 on it.

Well isn't he a PES ambassador? ;)
Is he though? (Even if he was But can you imagine a man like Maradonna not doing something because Konami ask him not to?)

I thought they've simply just paid him money to use his image in the game and for marketing, Nothing more. It's not like he has to promote the game and beg people to play it and be a yes man.

There isn't much to his role I'm pretty sure. Didn't he sue Konami before because of his legend player being in the game? Maybe this job was part of the settlement. :D
Well he threatened to because he believed Konami used his likeness without permission, but it was dropped as Konami said his likeness was agreed and they used it correctly. That's all i could find on it but it just seemed bizzare that Maradonna would have no idea of what agreements he had at the time.

Just goes to show you that these celebrities having their likeness used anywhere to promote a product doesn't always mean they personally or passionately endorse it. Could just be something his agent proposed to him and Maradonna was like "Yeah whatever, Just show me the money" and that was the last he heard of it, Probably never heard of PES when he gave his permission.

Also would like to add that it'd be nice if all the Evo-Web staff take part in it.
Or at least those who still care about PES. Steven, Tom, Superleeds, etc.

I don't know if any of you guys actually live nearby or close enough to get together and set things up. But would be great.

Yes!
Think its a great Idea.
Maybe Setting it up with a few guys running it,guests (both from gaming world/YouTubers but also other Evo's)
Sky's the limit

Also would like to add that it'd be nice if all the Evo-Web staff take part in it.
Or at least those who still care about PES. Steven, Tom, Superleeds, etc.

I don't know if any of you guys actually live nearby or close enough to get together and set things up. But would be great.
A Google Hangouts call would be a better substitute rather than travelling.

Well he threatened to because he believed Konami used his likeness without permission, but it was dropped as Konami said his likeness was agreed and they used it correctly. That's all i could find on it but it just seemed bizzare that Maradonna would have no idea of what agreements he had at the time.

Just goes to show you that these celebrities having their likeness used anywhere to promote a product doesn't always mean they personally or passionately endorse it. Could just be something his agent proposed to him and Maradonna was like "Yeah whatever, Just show me the money" and that was the last he heard of it, Probably never heard of PES when he gave his permission.
As far as I remember, they were able to use him as a legend due to their contract with Barcelona. The legends themselves weren't even involved in the contract.

Depending on what it is obviously but yeah I would like to have a podcast to listen to when you drive

Yes I'd listen but it would depend on the topics.

The only PES podcast I listened to was the B-Man series with Matt and others. It would be nice to have a replacement for that.

Also from a selfish perspective I'd hope that offline play wasn't the only aspect of the game that was discussed.

I listen to several Football/NBA/NFL podcasts that are usually discussing the same topics/breaking news but that doesn't bother me because I enjoy the different personalities and usually get something different from each.

Last edited:
I don't care about any other PES forum nor podcast apart from this. I don't listen to any podcasts, let alone PES. If this one reflects our views and not suck up for Konami, it'll be the only one I'm interested in. We need our own voice. Whether it be YouTube, or whatever.

Gotta make sure it doesn't get repetitive though. Maybe have a new guest on every time or every now and then to freshen up and have new and different opinions and views. It'll be cool hearing the guys on here too, different accents and all.

i would listen!!!

voted YES! :SAL:

i like to listen to podcasts when i'm on my way to work or i go somewhere else. i like to listen and learn (in my old days) not just listening to music... time is precious!!

i'd like to listen to an evo-web podcast. maybe its better to not only focus on PES (FIFA topic is fine too). an evo-web-cast, like @MafiaMurderBag suggested, with lots of other football related stuff.

i also like @Chuny 's idea of involving the staff! :)
lets have guests changing on a regular basis. we could get to know each other much better. and i bet some stuff that was written here would come across much clearer when we talk and listen!

and one day i'd like to be invited to the podcast! :D

edit: the EVOverse Podcast, allthingsevo, pass shoot score, EVOcast, EvoWebCast, Castolo&Friends, ... ;)

Last edited:
Nice idea.
My suggestion is for the set up is to have one host and two guests or two hosts and one guest for every podcast.
First podcast could be right after the demo is out and just before game launch if its possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom