Would you listen?

• Yes

Votes: 56 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d listen keenly if it was one that expanded on the kind of content already on the site.

By that I mean; well first I’m not sure what your plans are for content so apologies if I’m jumping the gun a bit, but just to give my two cents, I’d personally be much more interested in a podcast that mostly expands on topics already going on the site. I’d be less inclined to listen to one about real life football as there are hundreds of football podcasts already, or even talking about PES 2020/ PES games generally because there are plenty of them already

However, getting people on to talk more in depth about their mods, or planned mods for the future, or why they continue to mod a 10yr old game, or getting someone to give their views on what made an older PES great, or having a debate on scripting, or talking about something technical, like, “why is PES’s sound design so rubbish” as an example would not just be really interesting for me personally, but would fit the modding culture of the site really well.

Thanks for the responses guys - I wasn't expecting such a positive response, I'll be honest!

I've started drawing up some plans for the next few months - we want you involved. I'm starting a new thread shortly with more info, so until then, I'm unstickying this and I'll leave it open as a potential "podcast discussion thread" for the future.

Reactions: OBH
I would listen – but for God's sake, stay focused and on topic. Don't commit the cardinal sin of 99% of amateur podcasts, which is to spend an insane amount of time getting everybody settled in at the start of an episode. If your podcast is an hour long and after 10 minutes you're all still introducing yourselves, and maybe somebody is even telling an anecdote about how they just finished mowing their lawn or whatever, then no, it doesn't work for me. Get to the topic – PES – early, and stay on topic. I dropped a podcast recently because at one point somebody tripped over the phrase 'screen resolution' ('reen scresolution') and they all tittered about it for five minutes, which was bad enough, but they then didn't return to what was originally being talked about.

Unfortunately it seems to be baked-in to the nature and essence of amateur podcasts that this frequent group chortling and 'banter' is unavoidable.

But then it's all about proportionality. A 90/10 split between on-topic/off-topic would be quite reasonable, but so many podcasts pretty much invert those figures, and that makes for an incredibly frustrating listening experience. You're always wanting them to just get on with it and talk about the thing, but they somehow never do.

Last edited:
Good idea, from México amd with not the best english spoken im in to listen and to give my opinion as a player and a editor since it was called winning eleven, i grown up with this game. I think all people can share their opinions and this new deliver may get some new aproach to the fans and editors.

So hows the set up 1to1 :P? I cant carry a whole show.
Get some popcorn and let him ramble on, and when he asks, just answer with a word or two De Niro style.

Chris: So Gabe, have you enjoyed PES 2019?
You: A Little bit.
Chris: Can you elaborate on that?
You: Maybe.
Chris: Ok.. so what did you like about it?
You: It's good.
Chris: ...... I understand.
You: Good.

I would listen – but for God's sake, stay focused and on topic. Don't commit the cardinal sin of 99% of amateur podcasts, which is to spend an insane amount of time getting everybody settled in at the start of an episode. If your podcast is an hour long and after 10 minutes you're all still introducing yourselves, and maybe somebody is even telling an anecdote about how they just finished mowing their lawn or whatever, then no, it doesn't work for me. Get to the topic – PES – early, and stay on topic. I dropped a podcast recently because at one point somebody tripped over the phrase 'screen resolution' ('reen scresolution') and they all tittered about it for five minutes, which was bad enough, but they then didn't return to what was originally being talked about.

Unfortunately it seems to be baked-in to the nature and essence of amateur podcasts that this frequent group chortling and 'banter' is unavoidable.

But then it's all about proportionality. A 90/10 split between on-topic/off-topic would be quite reasonable, but so many podcasts pretty much invert those figures, and that makes for an incredibly frustrating listening experience. You're always wanting them to just get on with it and talk about the thing, but they somehow never do.

I don't mind a high amount of off topic on a podcast, but I guess when you are starting you will probably want to keep that stuff to a minimum. But I just think you should do whatever comes natural.
Look forward to this and hope to be a part of it as well one day.

Get some popcorn and let him ramble on, and when he asks, just answer with a word or two De Niro style.

Chris: So Gabe, have you enjoyed PES 2019?
You: A Little bit.
Chris: Can you elaborate on that?
You: Maybe.
Chris: Ok.. so what did you like about it?
You: It's good.
Chris: ...... I understand.
You: Good.

Way too much for me.

Thinking about it...wouldnt it be best to set up a youtube channel, then we can subscribe & have live debates via phone/pc also have a live chatbox going for members?

hey guys,
i was creating 2 logos for our podcast this morning.
what do you think?! any suggestions?
previewmmkln.jpg

its just 2 quick ones. let me know if you want to see more examples and i'll go on and create some more to choose from.

is it ok if i do it? or are there any photoshop pros (because i am sure not one of them!! :D ) here that can do it better!?
we want to launch in style, arent we! ;)

:ROCK:

Edit: silly me... :BOUNCE:
we haven’t even decided on a name for the podcast yet!! Let’s make a poll! Any suggestions for names?!

I like them both @PRO_TOO! They just need some colour adjusting in the background of the 1st one (The pitch is a bit too saturated & clashes with the blue text) and the outline of the text needs to be a bit more cohesive but i get that they're prototypes.

I like them both @PRO_TOO! They just need some colour adjusting in the background of the 1st one (The pitch is a bit too saturated & clashes with the blue text) and the outline of the text needs to be a bit more cohesive but i get that they're prototypes.
Thanks bud.
I like the second pic more. :)
Thx for the tips. I’ll remember it when creating the final version.

Much prefer the second one - but I was thinking of calling this series simply "The Evo-Web Interviews", because that's all this first series will be.

B.D. and A.D. (Before Demo and After Demo)... I was thinking of something involving a smoker's pipe, given that we're all called "the elites".

Something like this, but with Evo-Web text (and maybe a football coming out of the top of the top hat)...

vlPBziE.png

Or even... (This is very rough, I'm at work and I'm just trying to demonstrate what I mean)...

NAX7xwN.png

Much prefer the second one - but I was thinking of calling this series simply "The Evo-Web Interviews", because that's all this first series will be.

B.D. and A.D. (Before Demo and After Demo)... I was thinking of something involving a smoker's pipe, given that we're all called "the elites".

Something like this, but with Evo-Web text (and maybe a football coming out of the top of the top hat)...

vlPBziE.png

Or even... (This is very rough, I'm at work and I'm just trying to demonstrate what I mean)...

NAX7xwN.png
i'm on it after lunch!
ill get back here when the 2 pics you posted are edited!
so i leave "super cancel" out of it (might start my own project with that name :P )!

"the evo-web interviews" sounds good to me!

super-canceling into my lunch break now! :D

NAX7xwN.png
I laughed at this pic, I like it - Got that cynical, out of context "Dad Birthday Card" feel to it. Perfectly fitting of us moody old farts banging on about the good old days and can't comprehend all this eSports faffery.

@PRO_TOO You should put the Evo Web/Podast logo to the top left, The episode title at the bottom and if we could come up with some kind of satirical 1 liner in the speech bubble every episode?

I laughed at this pic, I like it - Got that cynical, out of context "Dad Birthday Card" feel to it. Perfectly fitting of us moody old farts banging on about the good old days and can't comprehend all this eSports faffery.

@PRO_TOO You should put the Evo Web/Podast logo to the top left, The episode title at the bottom and if we could come up with some kind of satirical 1 liner in the speech bubble every episode?
its just a regular main logo! no eposide numbers in it. noone does that (have a look at itnues for example).
and on-liner!? i think its only distracting!

have a look here: https://www.buzzsprout.com/blog/10-tips-create-awesome-podcast-artwork
and here: https://theaudacitytopodcast.com/how-to-make-great-podcast-cover-art-tap191/

i'm for a simple and basic logo. a background that transports our attitude, the title of the podcast, no shenanigans!
but hey, thats just how i see it. we are a community, so lets make it happen all together! :)

as the base pic needs to be huge, i downloaded another one that might fall into the mood of @Chris Davies' sample pics!

and [one]-liner!? i think its only distracting!
Well it's funny that @MafiaMurderBag says this about a one-off title for each episode - I was thinking everybody interviewed could give me a one-word title for what they'd call themselves, in the style of PES "player nicknames" (like "The Destroyer") and that could be the episode subtitle.

For example...

The Evo-Web Interviews: Chris Davies
"The PESsimist"

The Evo-Web Interviews: PRO_TOO
"The Optimist"

got it.

Edit: “Optimistic Realist” ;) but I take a simpel optimist as well! :D

here is another rough edit (wich takes about an hour for me, as i have a masters degree in passion but am an editing novice)! :D
i really become to like that vintage/relaxed/elite idea! :)

log018nkc0.jpg

the following was the original!
pipe-tobacco-primer-95qkfr.jpg

if you guys have pics of 2000 px or bigger for me to edit, send me the link via PM please! the base needs to be around 1440px and higher! id prefer 3000px!
if you have sample pics to show us, do it! thx.

Last edited:
got it.

Edit: “Optimistic Realist” ;) but I take a simpel optimist as well! :D

here is another rough edit (wich takes about an hour for me, as i have a masters degree in passion but am an editing novice)! :D
i really become to like that vintage/relaxed/elite idea! :)

log018nkc0.jpg

the following was the original!
pipe-tobacco-primer-95qkfr.jpg

if you guys have pics of 2000 px or bigger for me to edit, send me the link via PM please! the base needs to be around 1440px and higher! id prefer 3000px!
if you have sample pics to show us, do it! thx.
Love this!

I don't think it needs the "switch to elite" bit and it'd be great if the text in the smoke cloud was more like the original - but I'm not a Photoshop expert either... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom