If you want to view your WE10/PS2 MUCH better

JohnnyUSA

League 2
5 August 2004
(If you already know this I apologize) get yourself 1 of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000524PB/sr=8-4/qid=1150088463/ref=pd_bbs_4/104-1754466-9087946?%5Fencoding=UTF8

PS2 Component Cable - I only stumbled on this b/c I have an XBOX 360 and a Big Screen HDTV 51' which is insanely stunning - But when I played the PS2 for some WE10 - I noticed the massive drop off in picture b/c the 360 is Hi-Def - IMO - the component cables make a HUGE difference...they do an excellent job of breaking up the color and just creating a much crisper/cleaner more colorful picture. I also think the game runs a tad smoother - I could be wrong, but it seems to me the game is a bit slicker using the Component cable.

Last edited:
Re: If you wnat to view your WE10/PS2 MUCH better

It's true. There is actually less slowdown, believe it or not. AND THAT IS NOT A LIE!

Yeah - okay I thought it was me - but the game is just smoother..and much MUCH less smudge on the screen -colors are crisp - faces clean - grass on the pitch superb.
This TV and Cables have changed the whole game for me.

Most of us in Europe will have been using these cables for as long as we've been playing WE, as otherwise, it's it black and white. :)

With regards to the slowdown, I'm afraid you guys must be mistaken, there's no way a simple video output can be augmented by a cable so much to fix a hardware limitation effect. It'll imprive the colours and crispness of the picture sure, but to rectify the slowdown problem (which is a PS2 hardware/number crunching problem) is not possible. ;)

Who said slowdown? - I said the game is smoother - lets read before we post..

are those any better than a SCART cable?

Dar said:
Most of us in Europe will have been using these cables for as long as we've been playing WE, as otherwise, it's it black and white. :)

I think you got it wrong, Darcy. He's talking about a component cable, not a regular RGB one. The difference in quality is quite big using one on those on LCD or Plasma TVs.

So in case you got a big ass TV which happens to have a component output, the purchase of one of those cables is really worth it.

I have the official Sony PS2 component cable. I use it on a 36" HDTV Sony Vega CRT TV. I've also played on the Sony Vega 36", as well as a 27" and 19" CRT TV using the regular cables that come with the PS2. The image quality is more crisp (sharper) and colors more vibrant using the component cable.

Another thing I've noticed is that slowdown seems less apparent the smaller the TV is. This does not mean there is less slowdown on the smaller TVs, just it isn't as noticeable.

Also, I wanted to know if the Monster Cable component cables are better than the official Sony component cables. I've read about some issues with the Monster Cables, specifically one of the RGB color cables malfunctioning, leaving you with a distorted image. They are on sale know so I want to know if its worth it to replace mine. Thanks. :)

The quality of Cables are is always being debated -Monster is always a jacked up price. I also have the official Sony Cables...I putr the link to Monster b/c that's what I found quickly. If you want the most from the game - get Component and just go with the official Sony jobs.

Dar said:
With regards to the slowdown, I'm afraid you guys must be mistaken, there's no way a simple video output can be augmented by a cable so much to fix a hardware limitation effect. It'll imprive the colours and crispness of the picture sure, but to rectify the slowdown problem (which is a PS2 hardware/number crunching problem) is not possible. ;)
I don't mean to be an ass, but it can be perceived as being faster, smoother, less slow. Hence why people may have said there seems to be less slowdown. You see, different video connection cables have different transfer rates. The faster the image can get from the source to the video output, the smoother/faster the image will be perceived as moving.

deftonesmx17 said:
I don't mean to be an ass, but it can be perceived as being faster, smoother, less slow...

The key word. ;)

The fact is, a video cable cant correct a hardware problem. One persons perception or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom