I'm on PS2, my bro's on PC...

T

troutio

Hi all. I've played Pro Evo on my PS2 since ISS, and was naturally intending on buying PES5 on that platform as soon as it comes out.

Last Xmas, though, I bought my brother PES4 for the PC (as well as two of those shiny Logitech PS2 clone controllers and a new graphics card to play it properly - but I digress). He's really enjoyed it, but reckons that the PS2 is slightly better, even if the graphics aren't as slick.

We live at opposite ends of the country, but that hasn't stopped us developing an intense and well-fought rivalry over the last few years. I think I'm just up over the last ten games or so, but we're probably even over the last thirty. The point is, PES5 is going to change our lives.

But how are we going to play?

Here are the options as I see them:

1. If we can play PS2 against PC online, then we are set. We can go straight off the bat. Does anyone know if this is possible? [Total cost 1xPS2 copy, 1xPC copy, about £45]

Assuming that we can't do that though...

2. I buy him a PS2 (he's broke) and we play there [1xPS2, 2x PS2 version = £160]

3. I buy a PS2 controller USB converter and the PC version, and we play on PCs [converter, 2xPC version = £50]

What do you reckon?

1: PS2 vs PC online will not be possible I'm afraid, so that's ruled out.

2: Possibility, depending on how generous you are.

3: Probably your best choice money wise, you buy two PC versions and play on the PC.

Entirely up to you though, can see where you're stuck, but it all depends on your budget and how much you really want to play. Personally I don't think anything can compete with the good ol' 1 on 1 on the PS2.

I guess it boils down to two questions: is the online play going to be good enough on the PS2? And: How much better is the PS2 version than the PC version?

Back
Top Bottom