Images in Sigs

G

Gorskino10

in other forums i have seen they can have picutres for there sigs but on here we cant i just want to know what do u think and why is this.

Maybe a restriction on sig file size could be used. They can made as .gifs, take up around 25KB :)

Restrict it to posters over 500 posts, ah, i'm babbling... need sleep

I think we should all have an image of Chris Wright in our sigs. And the logo should be Chris Wrights head behing the Evo-Web writing.

I always thought that if the pics were hosted away from evo-web then it's bandwidth wouldn't suffer, it's only the bandwidth of users accessing the forum which is dealing with any data?

Pics in sigs can be good if they're restricted, but I've seen some god-awful examples of why they shouldn't be allowed, with people posting wallpaper-sized ones in their sig!

i hate pictures in sigs. the unique content is in the posts, not in repeating picures plastered in between the text.

Yeah, it's the 56k users who'd suffer. Even at 25K as a limit, one full page is 30 posts, assuming that's from 15 different users each with a sig. That's 375KB per pageview (not including avatars), 3 pages and that's at least a Meg.

Granted depends on browser, caching, render options blah blah blah, but it could seriously slow it down for some people.

yeah but loads want it and they may even want it so it would be there own foult

is there no way to put an option to choose not to display pics on the sigs? meaning if this forum allowed pics, an option should be available for a user to not see them.
I really don't care about it, cause simply I never used pics on the sigs (why does saying this looks feels weird?)
just an idea! :)

I just got word from Chris and the team, no, we're not doing this, sorry guys.

I think pictures in the sigs just makes it look untidy.

That's what I like about EvoWeb its pretty neat and tidy.

Whereas other forums, you can't read what people have posted for all the stupid pics in their sigs...

I think pics in sigs make it look like a teenie forum, just like all those other crap forums where everybody talks in lame text speak. No one who can and does read posts wants to have to scroll twice as far to get to the next one.

Back
Top Bottom