Interview with "Seabass"

Ask him why he didn't fulfil our wishes we had for PES5/WE9 and why he made the game worse on some points.

...or you can ask him why he keeps favouring bloody Recoba.

Yeboah17 said:
Hi!

Thanks for your input, mates! I hope that I´m gonna have enough time to ask these extremely different topics. Remember not to post questions whose answers we already know.

So far:

- What about more teams?
- What/Who determines the team selection (Egypt/Copenhagen)?
- Any Nintendo version of PES/WE?
- When will the controls be revised (360°/Juggling, hey, I liked that feature, too!)
- What are his favourite clubs?
- What about the foul-ridden gameplay?
- Winning Eleen 9 FE/Germany Edition?

Keep the questions coming, 1 month to go ;-)

Y17

You missed out one important question. Why are they trying to stop people patching the game, when patching just increases people's enjoyment of his product? If he tries to claim it's got anything to do with illegal downloading of the game, ask him how that's relevant, considering that people download patches separately anyway, and most people who patch either buy the game or wouldn't stop downloading it illegally even if no patches existed....

Seriously - Seabass once said he had no problem with patching the WE series, he could understand it for as long as they couldn't provide the full licenses, kits etc. So he should be prepared to tell us why they;ve suddenly rewritten the whole AFS structure just to make it near-impossible to patch. A lot of the people who've contributed much hard work and talent to this community have decided to retire. OK, that's not his problem, but doesn't he understand that patching has helped bring many people over from FIFA, people who want good gameplay but can't bear to see the teams running round in stupid plain kits.

When the hell are u gonna add more team slots in master league?
Why the hell did u remove world/euro all star team?
Why the hell did u encrypt the kits?
What do you think of the work of WE patchers?
When the hell are you gonna add one handed save animation to GK?

Yeboah vv important question:
Do you know of evoweb forum?
If yes, do u read the forum?
if no, tell him that its the most popular forum dedicated to WE

Last edited:
I miss some important questions:

1 - Sofar, in the PES -series the gameplay is much more pacey than that of the Winning Eleven series (which pace is near perfect). This is a real pitty for the PES series. Is this again the case with PES 5 (to speedy) and if so, why do you do that?
2 - Will the Xbox-version of PES 5 be directly playable at the Xbox 360?
3 - Is the ranking system at LIVE changed into a more reliable system like the ELO-system?

Last edited:
Just like you say, "Remember not to post questions whose answers we already know." I would also add "... and Don't ask questions that wouldn't give us an idea about the future of the Winning eleven series?" e.g. (what are your favorite teams?)
I'm sorry, I know it's a valid question but I wouldn't put it on my priority list?

I think you have a great opportunity here and I think it's great that you have looked here at the Evo-Web community to brainstorm some ideas for questions.

This is what I have in mind so far, to add to that list:

• What has been considered to improve the single-player experience (ML changes in mind, mimicing real life tournaments ( UEFA cup, Champions League, Copa Libertadores, Copa America, Euro, Confederations Cup, etc) - Just imagine that for some ML game your player is unavailable b/c of international duty. ;)
  • Why have great stadia like Stade de France, Santiago Bernabeu or even the Maracana or Azteca Stadium or the Euro 2004 stadia not been added to the series yet but stadia like Mestalla or Riazor have?
  • What ideas are you considering to improve the player movement?(360, juggling)
  • What about set pieces (specially passing on free kicks or the ability to move the keeper before the penalty kick is taken)
  • Why were the All Star teams removed?
  • Any chance of adding more/other teams not from Europe ( africa, south america, asia, north america, etc)?
  • Any chance of adding classic clubs teams? Dream Team! , Dream Team! :)\\:o/
  • Why does the 'American' version have the same teams the 'European' version has?
  • What's the reasoning behind the release dates considering that the Japanese release date doesn't give enough time to include most summer transfers for the upcoming season?
  • Why are teams added and then removed on the next version? (Cruzeiro, Palmeiras, West Ham, Fiorentina?)
  • Are you considering adding U-23 teams other than the teams that go to the olympics and only released on the year the olympics are being held?
  • Considering that motion capture was done for WE 9 is there any chance of using a European player for the motion capture for further releases?

Last edited:
We all know the answer to the question why West Ham, Fiorentina and both Brazilian teams were removed...
And the question about the patching does not seem relevant to me, but that is personally and i can understand the fact that to some people it's very important. I think i already know the answer...I'm pretty sure that Seabass himself still don't mind the patching. Seabass is a developer, in companies like Konami there are lots of commercial people and they have the rigth to impose some decisions on developing people...I'm afraid that the fact that Seabass personally has nothing against patches is very irrelevant if his bosses consider patching commercially bad (and i'm quite sure that this is not the fact but infortunately what i think has no influence on Konami's decisions.
The one question that really interests me is the on i alreay asked. Why is the game not more customizable (especially the ML) since people from all over Europe ask it for years now??? The fact that the game is not more customizable seems commercial suicide, why not indulge the fans???? The answer to that question would give us an insight in the way Konami people (and not necessarily Seabass himself) are thinking about the game and the fans.

Pere Ubu said:
You missed out one important question. Why are they trying to stop people patching the game, when patching just increases people's enjoyment of his product? If he tries to claim it's got anything to do with illegal downloading of the game, ask him how that's relevant, considering that people download patches separately anyway, and most people who patch either buy the game or wouldn't stop downloading it illegally even if no patches existed....

Seriously - Seabass once said he had no problem with patching the WE series, he could understand it for as long as they couldn't provide the full licenses, kits etc. So he should be prepared to tell us why they;ve suddenly rewritten the whole AFS structure just to make it near-impossible to patch. A lot of the people who've contributed much hard work and talent to this community have decided to retire. OK, that's not his problem, but doesn't he understand that patching has helped bring many people over from FIFA, people who want good gameplay but can't bear to see the teams running round in stupid plain kits.

yeah i do kind of agree with this. it seems very much odd that the game would have such a new order to things all of a sudden for it's O_TEXT?
I would understand if it was a completely different game but it in no way is it's really the same as far as graphics go. all the stadium files are the same except for new one or snow effected ones.

Unfortunately it is NO game developers responsibility to care whether or not they make their game editable by outside sources. Some RPG games like Neverwinter nights have their developers even give out the code or whatver to edit but thats by their own choice and obviously konami has theirs.
I'm more upset that with this kind of change that overall the graphics have not changed pretty much in the last 2 yrs. same stadium stuff and quite possible player models too. Only by a little bit has things been "improved upon" but NOT revamped as i would have liked it to be.

i constant look at football kingdom as a comparison to WE now. what FK did on a single blue bottom cd disc is astonishing. that level of control,lighting and the right graphic effect on nets and pitch is still unbeatable. Not fifa nor WE can compare in thos department. gameplay might be DEEPER in WE but considering that WE9 is on a dvd thats a no brainer and almost a shame if not.

All in all I want ONE question answered? Any Nintendo titles for DS or gamecube?

Yeboah17 said:
Hi!

I have the opportunity to ask "Seabass" a few questions concerning WE/PES. Are there some special things you ever wanted to know? I will meet him on October 6.

Y17

A few questions long time unawnsered, hope you consider them:

Has konami considered developting a multiplayer masterleague mode? what obstacles get in the way of such natural progression?

After seeing the ingame league mode include a cup in we9 can we expect also a future inclusion of "european cups" when playing in league mode, using other teams of the game, with league teams participating in these cups if they reach certain final league positions?

Why a difference between analog and d-pad usage? Doesn't Konami feel analog users are a bit beneficiated by the game engine, specially in movement response?

What's the final word on shooting aim, the manuals were never quite objective in that area: should we interpret directions as if we are ourselves facing the goal or as a natural sequence of the player movement (if the second option is the right one then it would be nice to ask why a forward shoot goes right a lot of times).

What Pere and Mauras said + Gerd's question about ML structure which really annoys me and as he said is very important to many people who play only ML.

PLF said:
What Pere and Mauras said + Gerd's question about ML structure which really annoys me and as he said is very important to many people who play only ML.
Hmmm.. that of course is a personal view from you. I would call both items 'moderate' important. We still can patch and about the Master-League: You can customize using the WE-shop options.

I found my own questions very important ;)
You know, the post in red , number 34.

Han said:
Hmmm.. that of course is a personal view from you. I would call both items 'moderate' important. We still can patch and about the Master-League: You can customize using the WE-shop options.

I found my own questions very important ;)
You know, the post in red , number 34.
Of course my posts are my opinion! :roll:

And I would say ML is very important to all people who can't play LIVE or dont live in a country like Holland, UK where there is a lot of fans and you can play multiplayer.

So for most of us it is ML that will keep us playing this great game hour after hour hell even most people who CAN multi-player still love ML and see these faults in its structure.

Anyways nobody said your questions aren't important I was just stating what I care about. And yours is in red I'm sure it wont go unnoticed ;)

As for the WE-shop thing, no that is not the structure faults we are talking about.

We're talking why have 4 divisions of 16 teams!!!!!!! when a real league is 18 or 20 plus ONE second division of 8 teams.

Konami could make us have 6 full leagues that come with game and then another league for The rest of Europe for example and everything would be much more realistic. Everyone knows the unlockable thing in WE-shop is not solution to our problem and no patching doesn't help either. We can make the game look better and enhance it but we can't change the code to get a realistic ML structure that we all want.

BK_83 said:
When the hell are you gonna add one handed save animation to GK?
N1Funnypost.gif

Umm.. Are you blind? We must have different Versions of Winning Eleven 9. There are many different one handed save animations in WE9. They were already in Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution...

I would like to ask him.

1. Has he ever played SWOS, a game over 14 years old that still has the best league options of any game since. If not he should get a copy and play it. If he was to incorperate this into WE then ML would be sorted.

2. Why don't Konami publish all the moves that can be done in the game either via the Manual or via another book. I know they did something like it in Japan but us europeans (well me) would like to understand all the possible controls etc.

3. They are now at the limitations of the current hardware, what does he plan to do with WE on PS3 and XBOX360. Where is his focus on the next gen consoles with the extra power.

4. Like EA played Pro Evo for their latest version, do Konami do the same and look to use similar setup and configs as EA. If so what elements would they like to incorperate going forward.

5. How soon after the Next Gen Console releases will we see a WE or Pro Evolution release.

Cheers

Stumpy

was there one handed saves? what i meant was those mid air 1 handed, fully stretched saves u see in real life, not those inhuman 'like' crappy one handed saves
i still see GK using 2 hands to reach for top corner shots

BK_83 said:
was there one handed saves? what i meant was those mid air 1 handed, fully stretched saves u see in real life, not those inhuman 'like' crappy one handed saves
i still see GK using 2 hands to reach for top corner shots

This is not the thread for it. But correct me if I'm worng. I notice that the 2-handed saves usually comes off (exception for freekicks) when the ball you just shot is mostly is on target. If you shot is going to go wide, mostly GK will try to save it with a one handed save.

Sure, looks crappy when disected using replays, but doesn;t really detract from the fun of the game. Not as bad at the ball going over you keepers head w/o him moving that occured a couple of versions ago.

Cheers

gerd said:
Well said PLF...i thought Han's reply was rather insolent...
Insolent??
I cannot understand why it is insolent. Also PLF's reaction did not hint he found it insolent. Maybe this is the old Belgium-Holland rivalry, else I cannot explain your excessive response on me :(

I don't think it is from Yeboah.
I do not find back much (if any) questions from this topic in that article.
In that article too many questions are wasted comparing FIFA with PES.

My remark had nothing to do with the (existing) Holland-Belgium rivlary...as a matter of fact i'm quite fond of Dutch people and i don't understand any Belgian animosity against Holland. There are quite a few Dutch people on this forum and i've never had troubles with them because they are Dutch and i am Belgian...Come to thin of it, i've never had problems whatsoever with Dutch people on this forum.

You did not explain me why you started this Belgium-Holland thing...
But OK, let's indulge you...
Just look at the colour of your suggestions...and then the fact that you judged others arguments and their importance...i perceived both things "rather" insolent (and not insolent)...Look this is a rather stupid discussion, i should not have reacted that way...it's just that PLF wrote exactly what annoyed me about your two postings...let's not make a big fuss out of this...You know what: "I'm sorry".
To be honest i don't think the guy will ask the questions i proposed to Seabass...

here is the best question when i pes5 officially coming out
you've got to ask him that definitaly

Hi could you make this questions for me? I would appreciated alot.

- Why not Ligue1 and Budesliga and Portuguese Liga licensed?
- Why not more new stadiums, like Santiago Bernabeu, Luz, Dragão, Alvalade XXI, Celtic Park, Maracanã and Ibrox?
- Why not Japonese Teams and South Korean licensed teams in Pro Evolution Soccer series? Would be a great bet in Japonese marketing.
- Why Pro Evolution Soccer series doesn't have right to have more editions like Winning Eleven Series?
- What about a ball editor in-game editor?
- What about more classic teams specialy some clube teams, like Real Madrid 50's, Benfica 60's, Barcelona 90's etc...?

That's all, Thanks! ;)

what are his favourite flavour crisps?

Or, ask him why they haven't subcontracted the commentary to a European company who would probably do a better job of making the commentators convincing and at least tolerable. For example getting a French company to come up with scripts for English, French, German, Spanish etc is going to be far more acceptable than going from Japanese to each of these languages, simply because it's so differently structured.

Then I'd ask about why ML only has two divisions and 16 teams at the top. Oh, and then I'd ask why they don't make just one version each of WE and PES per year, so that they have more time to evolve the series.

Back
Top Bottom