Introduction of the [spoiler] "spoiler" [/spoiler]

Sulph

Goodbye...
28 September 2003
Its being used on many forums now

The text you put in there has a blackbackground and must be highlighted to be read.

Can we see this on Evo-Web?

Its something we could look at introducing, at the moment I think this is the closest you can get to the spoiler thing..

The question you have to ask yourself tho is do we really need it?

I think the nicer spoiler tags is where you have to click a spoiler button in the post when reading to see the content, it opens up after the click.

http://forums.rajah.com
They have a spoiler tag button which works very well. Not only is it useful for spoilers but its also useful to prevent flooding. FOr example, If I have millions and millions of links or a HUGE CRAZY 1200x1200 res image that I want to post, I can put them in a spoiler tag and then say "Click to view" or something so that so only the people who want to see them can do so.

Its very useful.

Yeah it's a click to view type that I'm looking at putting in probably over the weekend.

Ok great. Glad i could contribute with some ideas.

Some are still pissed because it was i that suggested with the post count removal.

How's this?

[ spoiler ]STUFF[ /spoiler ] is how to use it, there's a clickable question mark when posting that does it too.

This is really cool, does it work with images too?

20040402marginaleautometditosp.jpg

Why would you want to close them

Lost Spoiler !
WTF SHANNON DIED ON LOST

Back
Top Bottom