30 March 2003
London -> New York -> San Francisco
Liverpool FC
iPod Nano:

ipodnanofamily12fm.jpg
ipnhandproduct2oh.jpg

iTunes Phone:

56184843838613518ei.jpg

The nano looks nice (check out the black one!!) - but I don't see its value as for only a couple more, you can get a 20gig one :roll:
Also, I could see a lot of iPod mini users unhappy as the mini has been discontinued by Apple.

The itunes phone looks like a rushed job (its just a bog standard motorola phone with iTunes). I wouldn't recommend anyone getting it as there are plenty of other phones that can do a better job with their generic mp3 software. Also, I'm betting you that Apple will release a much nicer looking phone soon anyway.

iTunes 5.0 has also been released.

EDIT: You have to feel sorry for those who brought the iPod shuffle! its pretty much the same size but has a screen and larger memory - and costs only a bit extra(!).

Last edited:
Re: iPod nano and iTunes Phone announced

14 is better than themeasly 8 they have from before.

The nano is flash based yes as opposed to a hard disk.

2Gig is 199$ and 4Gig is 249$ i believe.

Pretty sure there is a student discount available on the 4Gig but not the 2Gig

Looks rather nice indeed.

Cant say much about the phone. Had a mtorola once and sent it back after a few days. Quite an achievement for someone as lazy as me.

Have to... resist... buying another...

nice idea , better than the shuffle...

I'm loving it now! My 3G 20gb is gone a bit crap, I can get the 4gb Nana in Black for £164 and free engraving, thanks to my student discount.

ashmufc said:
14 is better than themeasly 8 they have from before.

This is a flashplayer, all of the non apple ones are basically 20hrs+. 14 hours is only using the least resources, ie. no equalizer/presets and 96kbs music. Try with an equalizer and high volume music with high quality bitrates upto 320kbs. Will end as 9-11 hours. And since its Lithium based, after a year the battery starts to wear out and last shorter.

Someone mentioned their Apple 20gb is going crap, thats exactly how all ipods have been. Even mine died after about a year.

Last edited:

i would be good if they brought out an i pod whch can play the song's video aswell as the song

In Italy you show your school/university card and they give you student discount. Should be the same elsewhere.

i bought mine with student discount last year. it requires you to be 18 and at the time i was 17 so just to be sure, i used my older brother's details. no id is needed, all i did was follow the link sent to me by NUS Online and filled in my brothers details and the uni he went to.

Just put a valid college/university and that should be enough

Got my iPod nano yesterday. 4GB version in black. Lovely jubbly!

I just need some new earphones. I hear the Sony [font=verdana,arial,helvetica]MDR-EX71SLB are pretty good. Anyone have any opinions?
[/font]

Lucky you, could you post some pics, I jsut want to see how small it really is. Like compare it to some other objects, i.e. Maybe another mp3 player, and apple, chewing gum pack etc.

BOADC said:
Got my iPod nano yesterday. 4GB version in black. Lovely jubbly!

I just need some new earphones. I hear the Sony [font=verdana,arial,helvetica]MDR-EX71SLB are pretty good. Anyone have any opinions?
[/font]

Hey i got those ones, well the sony MDR-EX71 the only difference is length. these are quality ear phones, superior to others due to its different size ear buds. i've seen many others in places such as argos which only provide 1 ear bud size.
the sound is very good, but dont get it twisted, it doesnt block ALL outside sound. For that there are other alternatives which are much, much more expensive.
These are also very comfortable, once you've got the right size earbud in it feels as if you arent even wearing any earphones. my previous earphones used to hurt my ears after 2hrs or so, i no longer get this.

fedagent said:
...it doesnt block ALL outside sound. For that there are other alternatives which are much, much more expensive.
Yeah I've also been looking at the E2c's. They're a bit pricey though. Thing is I've heard that people have had problems with the EX71's build quality.

The EX71s are quite good and the sound is well worth the extra dosh compared to other bog standard earphones.

However, my qualm with its build quality is quite odd but it maybe helpful before you make a choice. The wire is coated in with some sort of soft plastic - but this is quite reactive :eh: :( . In the blazing heat last summer, the coating sort of melted where I put some sun tan lotion in the back of my neck. I've read cases like this happening with other lotions as well :(

Its still usable but looks a bit odd. Also, a couple of days after the meltdown, the earphone silicone heads kinda got loose (prolly due to the climate?) and kept falling out (I've eventually lost them). I've since gone back to the original supplied earphones.

I think I'll stay clear of the EX71's tbh. I'll probably end up going for the E2c's I mentioned. Anybody had any experience with them?

Having fun with the nano though. It's my first iPod. I've always wanted one but had no real use for it but now I'm starting Uni I need something to keep me occupied on the bus and couldn't resist this time :)

Now all I need is some decent earphones cos the ones supplied are pooh.

I haven't tried the E2c's but if you get them, be sure to tell us how they sound as I've been very tempted in the past. :)

Will do mate. I haven't read a bad review about them yet so I'll probably fork out the £50 for them.

Well I received my E2c's today. At first I thought my ears were deformed cos I couldn't get the things to stay in but I've played about with the different sized sleeves. You get 2 different styles of sleeves, foam and flex. Each come in 3 different sizes. I've found the medium foam sleeves fit the best so far. They seem pretty secure in there. The thing is the rest of the earphone doesn't sit in the inner part of my ear but this is due to my ears! :oops:

I haven't done much listening yet but from what I have heard they seem to be pretty crisp and clear. They block out a lot of sound due to being right in your ears so you don't really need to have the sound up loud unless you want to damage them. It was funny watching my mum moaning at me and not hearing anything. I could get used to that although it might take a while to get used to these in my ears for decent periods of time. Whether they're worth the fifty quid remains to be seen although they do sound good. After I use them some more I'll post my thoughts.

Last edited:

cor blimey how thin is that thing looks class though how much did anyone say the were

Back
Top Bottom