Irish league select v english conferenc select - pictures and scoreline.

G

Gareth G

well the match finished 3-1 to the irish league.

Code:
The Irish League claimed a deserved victory in the representative game at Mourneview Park on Tuesday night.

Gary Hamilton's flicked header gave the Irish side a 16th minute lead and Paul McAreavey headed in five minutes later to make it 2-0 to the hosts.

The Conference's Steve Morison saw his 39th minute penalty saved by Alan Mannus and the Irish went further ahead through David Scullion on 58 minutes.

Paul Benson's strike eight minutes later proved merely a consolation.

McAreavey's whipped cross set up Hamilton for the opener before the Linfield midfielder doubled the lead after connecting with a Scullion corner.

Referee Mark Courtenay awarded the spot-kick for a handball by McAreavey and Morison's failure to find the net was the decisive moment of the game.

A good move involving Richard Clarke and Michael Halliday ended with Dungannon Swifts midfielder David Scullion rifling home the third from 20 yards.

Dagenham & Redbridge player Benson gave the English non-league side hope as he outpaced David McAlinden before lifting the ball beyond substitute keeper Elliott Morris.

But the Irish League looked the more likely to score in the final stages with visiting keeper Danny Alcock blocking shots from Conor Downey and Scullion.
i heard that the conference select beat a dutch league 11 5-0 last month, not sure if this is true or not.i know that the conference don't play great football, but i think this is a good result for a irish league select team, but we did have a northern ireland international in our team linfield's peter thompson( last picture)
displayimage.php

IRISH%20LEAGUE%20SELECT%2030.jpg

displayimage.php

it is not important, it was a friendly, but this could lead to a competition with a few select teams from europe playin against eachother

don't think so , a competition between teams composed of players who don't usually play togheter doesn't mean anything exept if you supress the national teams and use the fifa dates for friendlies but then you'll have to suppress the transfers from countries to countries to have it significant .
this is just a gala game , a game to watch with a smile not to comment seriously I think .

its not a serious game you're rite, just for a friendly, but they want to win to prove that there better than the other. the conference select team have played a few matches together, but it has been said there could be a few friendlys organised in the futhur with a few different teams. i don't see the point in this, maybe smaller leagues should do it as they have no commitment to international duty.

it is not important, it was a friendly, but this could lead to a competition with a few select teams from europe playin against eachother

That wont but the Setanta Cup and Kings cup in Denmark Sweden/Norway will.

Our league should join with yours but in the short term these little insignificant cups will be the basis for mixed national leagues.

Dont think the lad above understands that.

Portadown done, swifts next :D

kdjac

you should beat swifts no problem, not been playing well lately, you're lot will need to watch out for david scullion, fast and skillful winger. i was surprised that you's beat portadown 3-0, we got a great result at droghada 1-0. we beat glens on monday and were sittin pritty.

you should beat swifts no problem, not been playing well lately, you're lot will need to watch out for david scullion, fast and skillful winger. i was surprised that you's beat portadown 3-0, we got a great result at droghada 1-0. we beat glens on monday and were sittin pritty.

We will have you lot in the final, only surprise i had this week was that we only scored 3 :D

This cup is ours, mainly due to how we got in and what team we replaced and the fact we going to be very good this year.

kdjac

i still think that droghada was the team to beat especially at united park and we beat them. remember were the biggest team north and south of ireland, don't underestimate.:D

i still think that droghada was the team to beat especially at united park and we beat them. remember were the biggest team north and south of ireland, don't underestimate.:D

Drogs are a bunch of overpaid hoofers, biggest smallest it really doesnt matter to us, getting to play you in belfast would be something special, shame we would thump you but be a great atmosphere until we are out of sight (about 22 minutes in i would imagine).
:)

Thank god football is back and for 1st time i can abuse nordie teams :D

kdjac

whos are you talking about nordie teams:lol: were not nordie team,now glentoran are. hope we get you's at windsor, we'd show you's lads how to play football.

North of my house = nordie.

Your a decent team big strong, well organised, and very hard to beat. But you have no competetion in the IL not one team even comes close to you. Down here is a different story, if you had to play the way you did vs drogs every week you wouldnt top of the league :) we are a small ball playing team everything to feet and at pace, you may get one froma corner but im sure we will get a few.

The final will probably be in Tolka just to really piss shels off :D

kdjac

it won't be, i was talking to a teacher(linfield coach)last year in school and he told me that the next time a northern irish team gets to the final it will be at windsor, because we went down south in the first final. i don't agree with the thing you say about we have no competition up here, over the last few years it has got better, this season portadown, cliftonville and lisburn distillery have been great.glens got off to a good start but have faded away. just remember were in the sentanta cup because we qualified for it,you's got a lucky by ball into it.

Linfield have lost 1 league game this season, and 2 EL sides beat 2 of the top 4 in their 1st competitive games. Dunno or care how Derry got on but highlights of our thrashing is below.

Shels stole our league title so we are in instead we also getting into UEFA cup. Do we care ...:D Its football justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRdYu3UrCxE
Portadown did have 2 shots in the 1st half and fair play to them 25 games played already this season. :)

kdjac

well i would be confident enough we'd go down there and beat you's.

Destroyed Cork last night will post the goals in a while, 2nd was a cracker.

im thinking Linfield away in the semi and derry in the final would be nice, we owe them a goal or 4.

kdjac

to tell the truth, glentoran,swifts and portadown are absolutly making the irish league look shit, compared to the eircom league, were still holding our own in the compotiton. we hav'nt been beaten yet and we were two nil own to LONDONderry city and came back to level it( with out a few of our first team players ) i think it could be our season again in the sentanta:D

goals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__5UjAZX8s

Last edited by a moderator:
They are indeed, Linfield are the only decent team up north and also the only team to give a shit about the SSC (money inc). Amazing how you can play a league game and still field a team to get a result in LONDONderry :D (we beat them 1-0 last friday and they had no shots on goal).

Beat Cork and we avoid you in the semis but tbh would prefer you at home now seeing as you are taking this seriously.

kdjac

yes we realy enjoy the sentanta cup, we want to win it to prove that our first win was'nt a fluke, pat fenlon will be under pressure now, he was beat the night again 2-1 away to drogahada, derry realy hav'nt been great the last 4 or 5 games, we just need to win another match and we have qualified more or less, still if we finish 1st then it won't be a long journey down south;) we'll probably get you lot in the final:D

http://www.stpatsfc.com/watch_video.php?id=48

Our goals from last night, win on monday and we win our group meaning drogs have to beat you for us to get you in semis. So we prolly meet in windsor :)

Fenlon is being found out anyone can bloody win 3 leagues when you have all the best players but neglect to pay them.

Thanks to him we in SSC and UEFA cup the Quadruple is on :D

/altho we should fix our PES games to have pats and linfield and sort this out online its notcheating if you make your players shitter ;p

kdjac

:lmao: quadruple:lmao: you's lot would be good to do that, my broer has a few irish league teams in his game, i did'nt want any because i hav'nt finished windsor for pes yet:( we play ballymena united in the cup today, just headin to windsor in 20 minutes, btw why the fuk do eircom league play most of there match on friday nite:|

Sky paid for all our floodlights in early 90s in return for stealing all our fans :(

20k at a game till Prem was on tv every week lucky to get 2k now :(

Friday is the best night for football for Pats.

kdjac

nah, i could'nt do friday nite, i like linfield saturday:D routine 4-2 win today, but we were 2-1 down:|

Friday is the best night for football for Pats.
kdjac

I used to watch Stockport County on friday nights and then get pissed after in a club in Manchester, get a shag if I was lucky or go for a curry in Rusholme. They were the days. Fridays are indeed great for footie. Then I'd go to United on saturday and get pissed, etc, etc, etc.

were through too, but if need to beat glentoran away to finish top. and we don't want to travel down south:(

Back
Top Bottom