Is anyone else sick to death of this.

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
This has been a problem for too long not just in WE9 but in previous versions too.
Ok my point is when you play the master league you get drawn in the cup every year the same team you play in the next league match on one of the legs this includes europe too.

Also in european games you get teams from your country all the time and it makes the game boring as its the only chance apart from friendlys where you get to play other teams from outside your league.

I won the european cup with chelsea in the group stage i played Man Unt Aston Villa and Real betis.
Then in the Quarter final i played Arsenal who i also had to play in the league so i ended up playing them 3 games in a row.
Semi final aggainst Juventus
Final vers Man unt.
So in the whole competition i played 2 foriegn sides
This just makes the game boring and repetitive.

Last edited:
Yeah little things like this get really f'n annoying.

But regarding your first point about getting drawn in cup against team you just played or will play that is gone for me.

I played Marseille in 4th week or so and after my 8 or 9th league match I had first round of cup match against OM.

As for the CL thing you mentioned, yeah its true and downright annoying.

Yep. :(

It's another example of Konami's apparent short-sightedness, small things like this are vital to the game in terms of creating an atmosphere and giving it some depth. It does surprise me slightly that it still persists given they have noticed a similar thing in the past and changed it - cup finals. It used to use the home team's venue for cup finals and not only that, clearly treat it as 'Home vs Away' instead of a neutral match. Now it chooses a neutral venue.

Although, they still refuse to fix such things as more than 16 teams in each ML division, allowing more than 4 top divisions, and insisting that relegation/promotion can only affect the player's division. They have already updated the league function to let you play full seasons in Serie A, EPL, La Liga, etc, with more than 16 teams and a cup competition now thrown in - I cannot believe they do this and then don't let you do it in the Master League, it just smacks of, and I don't say this lightly, utter laziness or sheer stupidity. Another example is this year, you can have multiple players in the league mode, yes, each person with their own team, yet they haven't taken this over to ML. Why?

I am hoping that they take a fresh look at the whole game and totally re-do the non-gameplay side of things for the next generation release, as I've given up on them doing it this generation.

Totally agree with everything you said there Classic and as for the ML structure, don't even get me started on that man, I've expressed my dissatisfaction and disappointment at the current system so many times, I feel jaded! :lol:

The one saving grace is mulitplayer, although that's not an answer for everyone depending on your situation (for example embrace, I doubt there are many fellow WE fans to play with in Michigan).

Although it can suffer from lag, I am looking forward to the release of PES this year as online play means you can set any tournament/seasonal setup you like and use basic exhibition matches to play it out, you're more or less limited only by your imagination. With PES4(PC), last year we had some good things and some not so good. League play is just fantastic, if a little stressful at times depending on how competitive you are, the buzz of waiting for your fixture with your nearest rival and then finally going head to head is great. There were of course downsides, like those who didn't play their games and those who's connection/location didn't really provide a fair match.

Hopefully this year Konami will also have learned some lessons with their online code, but I'm not holding my breath ;).

Another thing: in ML, European matches in Champions League or UEFA Cup are often played in bright sunshine. How hard can it be to make the game select 'night' every time you play in Europe?

Pere Ubu said:
Another thing: in ML, European matches in Champions League or UEFA Cup are often played in bright sunshine. How hard can it be to make the game select 'night' every time you play in Europe?

I get really annoyed when i see this...it's been there ever since
they had the WEFA CL.
The domestic league matches are random (mostly night in WE9)
but the WEFA matches are in the day time, with the final at night.
So stupid, can't they just give you an option to change the day/night
option?

I've complained long ago about the WEFA CL groups having mostly
teams from your own league...it really is an anti-climax, and like
ClassicD articulated..."sheer stupidity".

They are lucky that FIFA's gameplay is still miles behind.

Yeh you want to test your team aggainst the likes of Madrid (even tho konami have made them Terrible now) Milan's, Bayern etc

Oh yeah and the weather thing lol 4th season now and 1 yes 1 match out of 100 plus matches match it has been raining wheres the snow for example.

They should deffinitely get rid of the cup match fixture tables and have random draws for each stage.
You can pretty much figure out who you are going to play all the way to the final if you make it.

Last edited:
something I really hate about ML is that if you buy a player at the end of the season, u are practically wasting 1 year of growth.. or if u are lucky enough u are avoiding one year of decreasing stats.. but anyways i guess the first one is more likely to happen...(what i mean is that u buy ur player at 17.. then u go to the next season and he is 18.. meaning u didnt train him 4 a year.. thing which i find really stupid..) I think they should let u buy players at the beggining of the season and not at the end..

Back
Top Bottom