Is it really worth getting evo 5 if u have we9?

P

pes_vetran

Opinions on this would be great coz i dunno if it is really worth it, im talking in terms of editing the game 100% if u have we9, basically if u r not bothered atbout playing evo online then is it really worth it if u have we9?

\\:o/

Well PES5 plays differently to We9 for a start, going by the PC demo version, so it might be worth investigating PES5 even if you own We9...I know my pre-order is in already ;)

The 'less harsh' referees, make it a worthy alternative already, and it just 'feels' like a better game to me...

yeah i know wat u mean i think ile have to get it, cant resist i dont think lol

There is'nt too much difference between the two games but PES5 seems to be slightly faster and more fluent than WE9.Other than the odd touch ups (updated kits,new teams and additional players) then i know what you mean about having to re-edit the whole game over.Hopefully someone will knock up a WE9-PES5 opfile converter because i just got my WE9 looking good when i got my PES5 and saw i have to start all over again.

pes_vetran said:
Opinions on this would be great coz i dunno if it is really worth it, im talking in terms of editing the game 100% if u have we9, basically if u r not bothered atbout playing evo online then is it really worth it if u have we9?

\\:o/

Of course, if you want a (better and more licensed) pes6 ; anyway it all depends on Kamino will !

loubarlow said:
Well PES5 plays differently to We9 for a start, going by the PC demo version, so it might be worth investigating PES5 even if you own We9...I know my pre-order is in already ;)

The 'less harsh' referees, make it a worthy alternative already, and it just 'feels' like a better game to me...

From what I gather, very little changes. IMO 'less harsh' refs = more arcadey game, and the faster gamespeed is a downer to me.
I feel all those who complain bout refs don't get the mechanics of defending properly. Aslo I feel We9 is already fast enough, and not many peopole realize that you can outsprint anynone by 'pumping' R1 istead of holding it down.

Yet undecided whether I'll get it or not. I hear that the defence is also being tweaked to not play so deep anymore.

So my early conclusion is that gameplay is being made easier than WE9. But those used to PES4, probably will be fine with that.

Only 'real' plusses so far for me are the updated rosters, stats, and new teams/stadiums. If they got rid of the F50 balls and put in a Nike Aerow, or even have Roteiro or Fevernovas as alternatives would be great.

Cheers

Huh, I'm bit worried about the changes too. Is the pace noticerably faster? Much slower than PES 4, tho?

I just love WE9, hope they don't change the gameplay at all. Maybe some bugs and annoying stuff, like goalkicks.

the pace isnt even THAT fast.

its nowhere near as speedy as pes4.

i think pes5 is better than WE9. it just feels more like a football match, even if the CPU still attack like shitheads.

I hope 6* is harder than 5* because im having the same problem on pes5 like i had with we9.

Ill hammer teams by having say, 14 shots - 2 and i could draw 1-1, or 0-0. They seem to score all flukey goals etc. Shame really. I hope the online PES5 is lag free, then it's gonna be some fookin game :D

Even if you can get it for free I don't think it's worth it. If you're purchasing it then definitely no lol, you would be buying the exact same game.

Having played WE9 for the last couple of months I can say that PES5 is better. The gameplay feels fantastic, the speed is slightly faster that WE9 but that adds to the game. Definately worth buying PES5 when it is released, even if people are playing an alternate version at the moment it is important to buy the game so as to support the developers.

kamy100 said:
Having played WE9 for the last couple of months I can say that PES5 is better. The gameplay feels fantastic, the speed is slightly faster that WE9 but that adds to the game. Definately worth buying PES5 when it is released, even if people are playing an alternate version at the moment it is important to buy the game so as to support the developers.

I agree. Also the lob through balls have been fixed in PES5 (I missed them :D ) and I want to play it online so I will be buying it.

I agree with Zyg on this one.

I think PES5 is a little faster than WE9, and its more up to date (although not totally) with transfers. Celtic are now licensed... as if that's a reason to get it!

But obviously, it has English commentary and menus as default.

what about the missing crowd when using the wide camera angle or normal 1?have they fixed that?if they have im def gettin pes5

ive got PE5 already for my PS2 on download and I have to say gameplay wise there is not a lot of difference to WE9 the only difference is a few players have updated faces i.e. joe cole, owen etc. and the serie a and la liga kits are updated. other than that and the fact it's in english it's the same game

Damage said:
ive got PE5 already for my PS2 on download and I have to say gameplay wise there is not a lot of difference to WE9 the only difference is a few players have updated faces i.e. joe cole, owen etc. and the serie a and la liga kits are updated. other than that and the fact it's in english it's the same game

Hello mate!
Don't you think like others say that PES5 is a little bit faster than WE9?
Haven't played WE9 but I have played the PES5 demo on the PC and I have to say I generally liked what I saw.
BTW whoever says that PES5 is only a little bit different from PES4 obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.
Graphics maybe almost the same but the gameplay is a HUGE improvement over PES4!
It is definitely heading to the right direction (slower gameplay, harder dribbling, less accurate passing, better and more realistic player movement, less robotic movement etc)and I am so happy to see this after three attempts (PES2, 3 and 4) which were not very successful IMHO!
Konami have finally seen the light! :)

Last edited:
i have both games!

not much diffference nice to have everython PAL version tho

plus online play

gameplay seems very similar to we9, but cant as yet put my finger on the difference. loving the updated licensed kits, and the addition of djurgardens and fc copenhagen

Can anyone reply if these were fixed?

- No crowd when using normal, wide camera angles
- Low crowd when playing some derbys in ml if teams are not in the top (like GunnersxUtd)
- Players getting tired after 2,3 games in ML

Did this change??? These are 3 major problems which, IMO, makes the game really annoying to me...

Back
Top Bottom