Is PES5 better online with PS2 or Xbox?

Stasman

League 2
17 May 2003
I have the Xbox version of PES5, and although it is great online, a lot more options and almost no lag, i'm struggling to find matches. So i'm wondering, should i switch over to the PS2 version? What are the differences online, is there still 2v2, is it lag-free, is it easy to find matches etc?

I play on ps2 mate,and there are hundreds upon hundreds of players,always online,easy to get a game,and as you say,there is practically no lag at all.
Loving this game online mate.
There is 2v2 also(2 players on one console)
Loved logging on last night then got punted into league division 3b(lol)
Brilliant konami,wish other ps2 online games were all like this.

Yup, jambotommy's right, takes a maximum of about 30 seconds to get someone challenge ya. Avoid the people with red connections and you should be near-enough fine lag-wise.

I've only spoken to one person who has both, says they're about the same lag-wise (and from my point of view it's great on Live). I'm not sure you can choose your stadium on the PS2 one which is weird because you can on the Xbox, but then again you're going to have to use :l2: to change man even if you have the converter, on Microsoft's machine.

Given the choice, I'd have bought it for PS2 but circumstance means I can't take my machine online. PS2 is the 'home' of WE/PES, the system it is best optimised for.

I actually still use L2 to change cursor on PS2 lol, the stupid convertor forced me into it and now I can't swap back :(

It plays fine on LIVE for me this year, last years game was seriously flawed but it seems they have spent more time on implementing it this year.

I have also heard mixed reviews on the PS2 Network with some people saying that lag is a big issue.

Rent em both to give em a go if you can

for me live is crap coz has no options really at all, the ps2 version is the way 2 go online with loads of features plus so so many people online, on xbox its poor alround

pes_vetran said:
for me live is crap coz has no options really at all, the ps2 version is the way 2 go online with loads of features plus so so many people online, on xbox its poor alround
As far as I know the only differences are that PS2 has a lobby feature while Xbox doesn't, and Xbox lets you choose stadium while PS2 doesn't. They are more or less identical in their options and online setup.

Of course not, that's not going to happen unless you're playing someone with a truly massive upload speed. It's still far, far better than last year and very playable.

I would say it plays almost as nicely, and doesn't really affect the way you play (thats if the person has a decent connection, thats about 95% of the people i've played on PES5 so far).

We'll probably be seeing more people on Live within the next few weeks, as i'm guessing quite a lot of players are practising offline before getting into the Live mode properly.

im really struggling to find anyone online to have a game...thers never anyone on

so, im online at the moment, my handle is trickytree pete

2 meg broadband

challenge me

pete

ClassicD said:
Of course not, that's not going to happen unless you're playing someone with a truly massive upload speed. It's still far, far better than last year and very playable.

Cheers. I couldn't bear the lag last year, it was dreadful. :| I guess as people's connections improve, and Konami make a better netcode with every new release, it'll get as good as playing as the host eventually.

Played a bit tonight, wasn't nearly as smooth as it has been the previous times I played. I had lag when I was the host, and another guy I was playing said the exact same thing? I think the reason it's less laggy as the client has something to do with making it more laggy for the host?

played a few games on Live tonight & it was very inconsistent. even froze at one point & I thought the other guy had quit, then it came back.

kinda feels like if I'm hosting I need to get a first half lead, because the second half it will be much tougher. sort of a home & away leg scenario.

No J4y3m, I've played on it since the update and it's been fine but not tonight. It also disconnected me this evening before the game, on the formation menu, and it gave the other guy a 3-0 win - the game hadn't even started yet. :roll:

Pissing me off now, can't find a game anywhere, when people do come up on optimatch it says 'player does not accept your challenge' as soon as i click their names and i've been sat for 5 minutes waiting for someone to join my game. Fucking ridiculous, i think i'm going to have to get the PS2 version.

Stasman said:
Pissing me off now, can't find a game anywhere, when people do come up on optimatch it says 'player does not accept your challenge' as soon as i click their names and i've been sat for 5 minutes waiting for someone to join my game. Fucking ridiculous, i think i'm going to have to get the PS2 version.

my thoughts exactly, even connected my modem straight to the xbox, made no difference. Surely it must be a fault on the game, pro evo 4 was never this bad and so many people having the same problem.

pes_vetran said:

That has to be one of the most retarded comments i've heard! Both games have exactly the same options apart from X-Box live is just a better all round system for online play (a friends list and gamertag which is consistent through all games).

I don't think that is a retarded comment. PS2 has the huge advantages of having lobbies. That way you always can check the connection of your opponent by the ping-bars. LIVE only offers the challenger in an optimatch the advantage of the ping-bars. Especially where LAG is such a hot item, those ping-bars are very important.

Its easy enough to patch the stadium bins(grass,nets,flags) on the ps2 anyway(as I have)but really don't know why you can't select different stadiums,as on the x-brick.Could be a lag issue(probably the same reason you have empty stadiums)?

On a sidenote,If any of you guys have played me,and wondering why I always go Bayern,its purely because hearts are not in the game,so I am actually playing as hearts on my console.I actually chose bayern,as I waited a few days,and not once did I play bayern,so thought they would be ideal(pretty good stats,especially when everyone else goes chelsea,barcelona,ac milan etc).
If we come to meet,then hopefully this clears that point up.
I'm not very good though,get pumped more than I win.Still love this though,Thats what football is all about!

A big thumbs up for the ps2 version here, the english servers are so full you can usually only just get in a lobby, there seems to be hundreds of people online everytime I go on there, which basically means you can get a game straight away all the time :). Plays better than the xbox version too imho (I have both).

I have both and to be fair they are no different, I play the PS2 more because of the controller, can't use the Black Button adn find the convertors L2/R2 thing too difficult to get into. So I would say that there is no difference apart from the controller and amount of players online.

I have always been a ps2 kind of person until now, thinking of ditching the ps2 completely now that 360 is nearly here. I never liked the xbox controllers but i think this will change big time with the 360 controllers having alll the right buttons in the right places.

I have the 360 and the only thing is the trigger is run and what is the shoulder button the R2/L2 replacement so its slightly different the ps2 but doesn't take long to get used to.....

Back
Top Bottom