Is PES5 worth buying on PSP???

W

wakeywakey

I already have PES5 for PC and PS2, Im purchasing a PSP at the end of the month and was wondering if its worth getting, I was told by a friend that you cant run diagonally???

Also could you recommend or point me in the right direction for updating tutorials and kitpatch locations, thanks.

I got it on the psp and found it difficult to play. Nothing to do with the game itself, it's a great conversion from the ps2. But the button positioning on the psp and the poor dpad, coupled with my big hands make it.....frustrating, shall we say, to play. Tried, but just cant get used to it. PC version is the only one as far as I'm concerned. Hope thats of help to you.

Once you get used to it, its fine. My advice is wait to see if WE10 does a PSP version, may have a few fixes and extra features.

I bought the N American WE9 for PSP. I'll finish playing 1 season of La Liga then I'm returning it. There's no ML, editing is a joke. Overall it feels like a beta version that Konami rushed to release.

proper ask should sounds: Is PES5 worth buying on PC :)

i got proevo5 on psp, and i like it, granted its nothing really like the ps2 version for which i have proevo5, winning 11 9 and we9i. But its fun, its faster and it passes the time on my frequent transatlantic flights

It would have been so easy to place the supercancel on the select button... oh well. Supercancel = Select+R

Don't buy it.
I'm planning on selling mine...

if you go around alot and dont stay in you rhouse all the time then it's worth having, unless you want to carry your pc/PS2 around everywhere.

"Im purchasing a PSP at the end of the month and was wondering if its worth getting, I was told by a friend that you cant run diagonally???"

diagonals are hard, unless u use the analog "stick"

It's a bit clumsy on PSP compared to the console/PC versions and yeah, diagonals are impossible on the dpad.

However if you take the time to get used to the analogue stick you can play really good football with it. My advice: if you commute or travel a lot on trains etc then go for it. Otherwise you might as well stick with PS2/PC.

The other day I was taking the train to my mate's house across town and was playing an Italian league game with AC Milan. Cut a long story short, Juve are dominating my league and I managed to beat them away from home with a last minute Sheva rocket from outside the box, 2-3. I got so into it I jumped up and celebrated wildly for about 2 seconds before remembering where I was and crimson-faced, sunk back into my seat.

This group of lads sat at the end of the carriage started laughing and joking about before one of them came up with his PSP and said "You're BLATANTLY playing Pro Evo innit? Wanna game?" I played wireless Pro Evo with them all the way to West Kensington (beat em all too!) Funny things like that make it worth it to me :)

great story joystik, im gonna get a psp soon, pro evo an' all.

i agree however that it is pointless if all your gonna do is sit on your

sofa and play pes5 on the psp, if u have the ps2 sitting there.

I was wondering what is the editing like?

Can you take your PS2 option file and and load it on the PSP for edited kits, player names etc?

I have it pro evo on the psp its a lot harder for me a then the ps2 where i can easily win a leauge on 6* on the psp i struggle on 4* but i still like it.

though it wasn't up to scratch but i though that with most of the games as i just sold my psp on ebay today :)

Its pretty hard, and frustrating at times

PES5 is a lot like a "football sim" rather than an actually video game, so you need all the buttons you can get, and unfortunatly use lose a biggy with the the Right Stick, and the only other option is to use the D-Pad for movement and the Joystick for Tricks and stuff, but that sucks, so then you just go without.

I'd say wait for Pro Evo 6/ WE10 to hit the PSP as its not as hard as PES5 and should be more enjoyable

Just picked up a PsP and PES 5 for a summer vacation, really fun once you get used to the analog stick, will fill the crave for the game when not home.

I have to say that I'm still shocked when people compare the PS2 game with the PSP game. The PSP is not meant to be an equivalent experience and of course sitting on your sofa and playing on a large tv is always going to be better. But for those of us who are on the go (me on planes often), the PSP has been a godsend. At 1st the games were mostly poor ports of the console versions, but lately, the little unit has come into it's own. I recently flew from NY to Los Angeles and played GTA: LCS, Syphon Filter and MLB: The Show (American baseball) - all fantastic games. So the PSP is a winner for me and continues to get better.

As for the Pro Evo PSP game itself, I have to say that I'm highly disappointed. Small screen and less buttons aside, Konami really dropped the ball here. Only two generic stadiums (MLB: The Show has all 30 Major League stadiums, plus 3 minor leagues full of teams and stadia). No ML (MLB: The Show has a career mode). Very limited camera angle which makes the button limits worse. Only Ad Hoc (psp to psp) multiplayer (MLB: The Show has Ad Hoc as well as infrastucture mode).

There is no excuse for Konami not to iclude all the bells and whistles on the next PSP game. If MLB and Madden football here in the States can do it, then certainly so can Konami with soccer.

As for this Pro Evo PSP version, stay away. There are so many more excelent games worth playing on the system.

Who cares that there are only 2 stadiums. They're both pretty decent. I don't need the 16 crappy pitches you get on the console versions.

No ML is poor though, load times are not that good and control isn't really great. I miss the super cancel so much it hurts.

Sunrise said:
Who cares that there are only 2 stadiums. They're both pretty decent. I don't need the 16 crappy pitches you get on the console versions.

No ML is poor though, load times are not that good and control isn't really great. I miss the super cancel so much it hurts.

The point isn't that the game is better with more than 2 stadiums, rather this shows a total laziness when they put this version together. Every other sports game on PSP has numerous stadiums, arenas etc. Every other sports game has various camera angles. It seems that Konami just threw this thing together and it shows!

Back
Top Bottom