Is the 360 vers. of PES6 THAT bad?!

BumperMan

Champions League
20 June 2005
North America
Legia Warsaw
I'm here in the states and in about a few weeks our version of winning Eleven 2007 comes out.

I'm not looking for innovation just looking for that kinda of Madden tried and true gameplay.

does PES6 still keep the series faithful to say PES4 or 5?

haven't played much PS2 versions lately and don't want to anymore but having we2007 on the 360 will belike having a ps2 vers backwards compatibale for me almost.

What i want to really know how much better does PES6 on 360 play then say PES5 on Xbox? other than say feture wise. the graphics are just a monor upgrade i know but the lighting and grass look way better

Mate, create a fake Europe XBL silver account and download the demo and see for yourself, dont take others opinions as they all differ. Example, I think the game is complete garbage now, but that doesnt mean thats the way you will feel about it. Heck, you might love it so try for yourself. Honestly, if I was going to play any version of PES6 I would just stick to the PS2, Xbox, or PC version because as far as Im concerned the 360 version is nothing but a stripped down version(but with better looking grass) of the others.

No, thanks for the info. PES6 is a pile of poo,but is it only poo due to the fact that is has poo?

I'll download the demo though tonight and see whats up

does PES6 still keep the series faithful to say PES4 or 5?

Well yes, very little has changed, if anything at all. I got pes6 for xmas and am enjoying it, however ive gone in to the game from a fictional perspective with a random team to develope youth players. If you want anything realistic stay well away from it.

I got PES6 for the first time on the 360 today...after having the PC version since day of release.

It seems totally different than the PC version to me. It's way to easy to score - I mean, you just have to shoot and it goes in. CRAP. The players are too shiny - very FIFAish and overall...yes, I'm going to say it...It just doesn't look as good as the PC Version (running at 1360x768). There is slowdown on the 360 version and it seems to be running too fast at times - it really does remoind me of FIFA in the way it looks a plays. NOT GOOD.

Regardless of all the stuff they've left oout options wise, the 360 version is very different than the PC version. Konami have screwed up on both versions now in my opinion. PES5 was perfect for me, PES6 is rubbish (I'm not so much of a punk to still play PES5 though). I just hope they sort it out...though the way Konami is going with PES, I doubt they will. Hopefully they'll concentrate on their beloved Sony partnership and create a decent PES for it and then port it to the PC and 360.

* Had every PES and ISS game since ISS on SNES.

I'm not a fan of 360 PES either.

Love the PC version. To be honest I have only really played the 360 version on Xbox Live, and it may be down to my lack of skill at the moment, but it reminds me of playground football.

All the players rushing around like headless chickens and very difficult to play a nice passing game. Really cannot get the hang of shooting as well.

Also cannot get used to the 360 controller. Always played PES on PS2 and am finding it difficult not using the PS2 controller.

I'd also agree that the game looks better on my PC than the 360

I play ps2 version foremost and have done since 1999 (and without my friends beyond.)

I have the 360 version-
I play with my friends on both ps2 and 360.
My friends who are only used to the ps2, love the 360 version with its wireless pads and similar gameplay (to ps2 version)
Unless you are a real (as in 7 year) connoisseur do not worry you will enjoy it...its better than the last.(pes5)

Also it plays as well as the ps2 version and looks slightly better.
Sadly in game editing is shit compared to every version including the psp which is ace!

I suggest if your NEW console is the 360 get it on that, and screw all other consoles (I speak with more experience than most).

I played fifa07 on the pc with the 360 pad and found the d-pad to be poor. So i went out and got a madcatz pro gamepad and it has an excellent d-pad imo, its only 19,99 from argos and worth the buy if, lik me, you want to play pes with the d-pad.

Unless you are a real (as in 7 year) connoisseur do not worry you will enjoy it...its better than the last.(pes5)
I don't think that's at all relevant, to be honest!!

I've been playing since 2000, I know people who have been playing it since two and three years ago, and we're all in agreement that it's not worth playing. It's PES5 with uneditable team names, in my opinion (and in their opinion). But I do know one person who loves it - the only reason being he's not been able to play online before, but even he is getting bored of non-stop friendlies and the same Master League.

Anyway, there's a demo out now, so people can decide for themselves. But I think Game's reduction of the price down to £25 at my local store (with FIFA next to it, £10 more expensive), and the fact that the game has had an incredible number of returns (as a Game employee has mentioned somewhere), says something about the general consensus of the public opinion.

I love PES and haven't played PES6 for ages.

I would sell it but its not worth any money with shops selling it cheap.

Im playing FIFA, not happy with PES hopefully next version will be better. In the meantime looking forward to CL 2007

Last edited:
i played a few games of the 360 version last night, dont like it at all compared to the PC, the game felt slugish and unresponsive, the AI seemed poorer that the PC version, graphically i things its not very good at all, i run the PC version on my 27inch WS LCD at 1080i and it looks better than the plasticy 360 version.

I must be only the one enjoying the game. It took a while adapting away from the Dpad and shooting took a while to get used to but now its no problem. Its very much pass and move rarther than PES 5 where you can regularly dribble past 3 or 4 men. Playing on live is ok aslong as you play at the right time. For example on Sat afternnon it was laggy yet early morning its great. All in all great game

Im enjoying it aswell hitman, have been using 1-2's alot to create space and movement and its working well. Sometimes the shooting is poor, when a player is offbalance or not in the correct position to have a good shot and you press shoot you get a weak chipshot thing. Ive had that a couple of times when well positioned aswell, which happend in we10. But other then that ive been enjoying it. Having a decent d-pad controller helps aswell.

yeah i hate the 360 dpad but ive supprisingly got used to the analogue stick very quickly. I have also changed the sprint button to bottom right trigger and select man to bottom left. Regarding the shooting i have had wayne rooney baloon it over the bar from 7 yards but when yo watch he replay you can see that the players postion is wrong or the ball is too close to his body. The game is for me all about positioning wheather its a long shot a near shot an header or defending which is what i enjoy about it

yeah i hate the 360 dpad but ive supprisingly got used to the analogue stick very quickly. I have also changed the sprint button to bottom right trigger and select man to bottom left. Regarding the shooting i have had wayne rooney baloon it over the bar from 7 yards but when yo watch he replay you can see that the players postion is wrong or the ball is too close to his body. The game is for me all about positioning wheather its a long shot a near shot an header or defending which is what i enjoy about it

If you change sprint to RT then how do you accomplish a sidestep?

Anyone?

Can you still paly the xbox version of pro evolution 5 online xbox live and can you play it on a 360? I may try and pick up a second hand copy of that!

That Game isnt so bad on the 360 but its not a realy Next gen PES, Its a Port with new (shit optimized Graphics) for 360!!!

But playing is good (as all titles)of tis Series!

Only People are waiting for something exclusive on a next gen console, i think this will come on winning eleven for the PS3!

But also we will have a next gen soccer for the 360, how good or how Bad we will see!

I still Play on the good old PS2 and on the 360, but if i want real soccer i use my Ps2 with my own Patch and enjoy, the real Stadiums, real Kits.....

The problem is on We/PES good gameplay but all other around is poor!!

You can indeed still play PES5 and play it on Live too :)

Dj

I heard something about there being only 8 stadiums or something in the 360-version. True? On Wikipedia it seems like they are all in, which is great. No chance of patching it somehow to make kits and stuff look real?

I can live with the poor next-gen graphics, the lack of edit mode and the 8 stadiums as long as the game plays good. But that is the issue, it dosent play good. Comparing it to PES5; its better because PES5 was almost not playable for the frequent fouls. But if I compare it to PES6 on the PS2 then it really lacks a lot in form of gameplay.

My main problem is the unprecise controlls, the digitpad on 360s controllers are more circle shaped compared to the PS2 controllers which have seperated buttons for up/down/right/left. And since the controll scheme on PES6 360 isnt that accurate it is harder to dribble (whit the digitpad) in narrow areas and sometimes I get a backpass when I intended to pass the ball in an other direction. This could be me not used to play with xbox controlls but on the other hand I dont have this problem in other games for ex. Virtua Tennis 3.

Aside from that the 360 version (compared to PES6 PS2) feels unballanced: teams like Inter are supperior on 360, and teams like Porto isnt even playable. As others mentioned its easy to score (specially when you are in the penaltyarea). The script issue is more apparent on 360 (you score often after kick-off, directly after conseeding a goal and near stoppage time).

Overall it feels like Microsoft paid Konami to stress a PES game for a fall 2006 release, and the result is an underdeveloped game (you can tell that by the lack of edit mode and the inferrior team/player stats compared to PES6 PS2).

When I need my PES fix I turn to my PS2, right now my PES6 360 disc has been sitting on the shelf for a couple of months... and thats how bad it is!

(On a side note, I have been playing PES since it was called ISS (International Superstar Soccer) on Super Nintendo and Nintendo64, and also since it became ISS Pro on PSOne and later on PES on PS2. But that really dosent matter when judging PES6 on the 360 because a lot has happened through the years and having played the series on SNES doesent make my PES6 360 opinion more legit than any other)

Last edited:
I heard something about there being only 8 stadiums or something in the 360-version. True?
True, only 8 (and there's 2 - I think it's only 2 - that make the game jerk quite badly when you're closing in on the goalmouth).

To add to the topic, I'd say that PES6 on 360 is awful (PS2 version beats it hands down) - but if you have a 360 and you want to play online then you can get used to it. I would never, ever play the 360 version for anything else, though (multiplayer is better on PS2, single-player is crap on both, so why else would I play it).

What pisses me off the most is the shooting - they've had it spot on for five years, now suddenly you literally have to press the button as if it's on fire (i.e. you tap it and rip your finger off as quickly as possible), otherwise it will be BLASTED over the bar.

I never used to subscribe to the "Konami take steps backwards deliberately so that you always buy the next version" theory, but I don't see how else you can explain them totally fucking up the shooting, which has never had anything wrong with it.

Its the best footy game on the system for my money. PES 2007 on the psp feels a bit better, shooting seems nicer and passing is crisper to change the subject entirely.....

The question really is, if you have a 360 and don't have a ps2, which footy game is best? FIFA 07, UEFA: CL or WE:PES 07?

The answer for me is still PES! It may not have lived up to the standards the series has set itself but it's still more enjoyable than the competition.

That is the bottom line.

Im a long time lover of all things pes and we but having got this on my 360 I have to say uefa champions league is a far better game in my oppinion and more importantly more fun pes is just the same as the ps2 version to play with slightly better graphics and all the good bits stripped out,Hopefully pes7 will get the series back on track.

anyone noticed that everything seems a lot slower, not just during normal play, but things like the goal kicks, when the GK puts the ball down and backs away, really slow. The shooting and passing is innacurate and so on.

PES6 on previous generation platforms was decent however, so if you can fid it for the original Xbox, and it plays on the 360, then get that

One of the first things I noticed about PES6 was how the passes are so slow. I'm all for making the game slower, but the right way (i.e. slowing down the players, not the whole game) - the ball feels as though it's a cannonball until you get used to it.

And then if you do get used to it and watch a real match, it's as if they're kicking a flyaway about!

Back
Top Bottom