Is the 360-version really that bad?

Svullo

Non-League
22 September 2004
Since the game was released I've heard nthing but complaints about this game. Is it as bad as everybody says, or is it worth 60$?

Re: Is the 360-version realy that bad?

I personally think it's the best version yet.

It plays like proper football matches with decent build up play. But you really need to have a playing style and set your team up accordingly. I have a great formation sorted out for Cameroon that suits me down to the ground.

Beat some guy called Utako (who is either from here or another forum) 3-0 with it last night when he was Holland.

I really like it too, It's also the hardest PES to date for me IE: Started a ML and out of 2 seasons so far only 3 wins so far which is a good thing, as i don't like it too easy as in the PS2 version i am able to win matches more easier. I used to stop appreciate goals as the seem to come too easy many times where as on the 360 i find you really do work for your goals more.Getting used to a new pad has also made it a bit harder but the more i play this vesions the better it gets..

i like it very much..half of the people here should try playing the game more, instead of spending their time on this board complaining

I thinked most people are just annoyed cos theres no edit the gameplay is great if you can handle playing in a unlicenced kit

Aye, best version of Pro Evo for me. Plays a very realistic game of football - it's nothing like PES5 though. Much, much slower - more emphasis on passing this time around. You can't just skip past 3 or 4 defenders and put the ball in the back of the net. The slowdown is poor at times though - that needs sorting.

Take the gameplay away and basically your left with an empty shell of a version. Gameplay is great, everything else is sub-standard.!

Hi all im disapointed really i think the game could have looked better and also the crowd and commentry improved.

Is anyone else suffering the slow down on corners and free kicks throws ins, mine slowdowns sometime after i come out of the formations menu then back into the action is this happending to everyone?

Also shooting seems very slow with no power is there any tips to improve on this?

ill play the game a bit longer and see what i think it might just take a little getting used to!

Happy gaming all! :)

I love the gameplay also and it's looks amazing!

PES6 360 rulez!

I agree, been playing the konami soccer games since the SNES, and it gets better everytime, although there isn't much of an editor in this game, PES 6 is definitely worth buying. The gameplay takes time getting used to, and online gaming is another think wich also takes time getting used to, because of the ms of delay. But once you mastered it, you'll see it's the best version since.

Then it's settled. I'll buy this game first thing tomorrow. Thanks for all the answers!

Love the gameplay BUT I can't understand how Konami managed to get slow-downs (sometime bad) when playing with Wide angle cam :(

Can you see the stadium and the crowd when you get the slowdown?

bonus said:
Can you see the stadium and the crowd when you get the slowdown?

It seems that the more the stadium is close to the field, the more slow-downs you get (With lot of players displayed).
With Antlion Colosseum no slow-down. With Camp Nou a lot of slow-down...
Tried to turn off commentary, stadium effects, pre-match presentation... still slow-downs sometime.

Last edited:

Yeah, it;s the same with corners and free kicks when you can see the stands in the background. It seems to me as though the stadiums and/or the crowd are casuing the game to slow down.

I'd put money on it being the crowd as there are an awful lot of people being rendered there. Pity we can't turn the crowd off.

fidel_cashflow said:
i like it very much..half of the people here should try playing the game more, instead of spending their time on this board complaining

I agree. After playing FIFA it feels even better.:lmao:

i might stick with the ps2 version, annoyed with no edit features

I got them both on thursday and played them pretty much solid over the weekend and Pro evo was definetly the most fun out of the two dont get me wrong fifa was good ,im baseing this on playing my friends and a couple of other evo webbers.

No one is question the gameplay of PES, in fact, gameplay is what makes PES6/WE so desired.... the problems lies that the current gen has more to offer than next gen??? which to me doesn't make any sense. That is why I'm sticking to the PS2 version.

Konami should off waited till next year to offer us a next gen game. Think about it, you're actually paying $60 to play a copy of PES6 DEMO, repeat DEMO with no save replays, 8 stadiums, no edit mode etc.... this game is not complete and Konami is making money by selling a demo!!! Truth hurts!!!

PES6 on the PC is miles ahead of the 360 version for me.

graphically it's miles behind but for anyone who likes the feel of WE10 on the PS2 but wants better/crisper visuals .....head for the PC version :)

all the usual stuff is there too ...edit/saving etc

konami just needs to fix the damn servers now!!! :-)

fidel_cashflow said:

very good point! this game will grow on you, just play the dam thing!

I really don't know what all the fuss is about this year. So what if the 360 version is stripped down of options. There must be technical reasons for it. Even the new FIFA is stripped down compared to the other formats. And as for gameplay, speaking from my own point of view, every year I am not sure of the new version for the first few days. Then all of a sudden BANG. All of a sudden everything falls into place. Pro EVOULTION Soccer, it evolves, it does what the name says. And seeing it in HD is a joy to behold. Get used to the controller (you will), get used to the game, and you WILL enjoy it, it's digital football at it's best.

Exactly!!! Which is why you must stick to the PS2 version.

Degzo said:
I really don't know what all the fuss is about this year. So what if the 360 version is stripped down of options. There must be technical reasons for it. Even the new FIFA is stripped down compared to the other formats. And as for gameplay, speaking from my own point of view, every year I am not sure of the new version for the first few days. Then all of a sudden BANG. All of a sudden everything falls into place. Pro EVOULTION Soccer, it evolves, it does what the name says. And seeing it in HD is a joy to behold. Get used to the controller (you will), get used to the game, and you WILL enjoy it, it's digital football at it's best.

Spot on with those comments.Bought both games and at first I thought all I would be playing is Fifa.Played afew games of pro-evo and was dissapointed.
That all changed last night when my mate and I played 6 games of Fifa.Not bad, but something lacking.Popped in pro-evo and had the most enjoyable 5 hours of football we've ever played on any of the past generations of game and believe me we've played them all.
I'm not saying that in single player mode there is much between the games,they are both very different.In terms of multi player though I'd say pro-evo wins.Played on a projector in HD using the farthest camera position there were no slowdowns great atmosphere and one hell of an enjoyable game.All this from someone who,until,5 days ago had never used an xbox controller.

i was bit worry before i got it (who wouldn't worry after reading all this whinging) but today i rang my local shop and they had it in stock (in australia official release is tomorrow) so i went to pick it up and what a great game, few things missing don't make me happy but i can putup with it just hope they fix replay saving and online play asap and its a bomb, if they add more i be in heaven but is good as it is

why has my comment been removed? i left one yesterday and I cannot find it here?

pro evo on the 360 is a diabolical...way to fast, too arcadey, half-assed release

danhammer said:
pro evo on the 360 is a diabolical...way to fast, too arcadey, half-assed release

Man... do you play PES??? It's alot faster on the ps2!!! The xbox 360 is slower... everyone says that! PErsonally i like a lot the pes x360 altough its different from the ps2 version... ;)

I think its superb, and having player the PC and PS2 versions as well the gameplay is far better on the 360. I thought the lack of options would bother me, especially editing, but the online play is so good i've completely forgot about the missing features.

As for danhammer, have you even played Pro Evo before? The 360 version is possibly the slowest paced, least arcadey Pro Evo ever released.

Back
Top Bottom