Is the R2 shot useless?

polakis

PES - FIFA Greek master
10 May 2002
Athens,Greece
Aek Athens
I think that the r2 shot is awfull.The player takes a stupid placement to shot the ball and if you put a normal power the ball goes out of the stadium...
Tell me your opinions.
I for example dont need the r2 to make weak shot in one on one situations...

I have used it plenty times and seems to do the trick....... Although Im not 100% sure when to use it but its mostly when I have enough time to THINK that i use it.....

I scored one of the other great goal with it. I think when you are on the outside of the box and have a bit of space, then you should use it. Recently scored a beauty with Xabi Alonso. He drilled it into the top right corner with the inside of his right foot, very good touch.

R2 shot definitely helps in 1 on 1 situations, for me anyway, the shot is far more accurate. I've also curled a few into the net from 25 yards with this method although not with any great frequency due to lack of time on the ball.

Certainly not useless, but not something which you should expect to be able to use a lot of the time - only in certain occasions.

Love the R2 shot. They tend to always go towards the angles, and you can score beautiful a la Del piero type shots. It also seems to go goalwards more when you aim out of the box.

R2 shots, especially for players with the appropriate middle shooting skills, seem way too strong to me..
My friend who used to play FIFA actually said "wah, WE now has goals like in FIFA" after I scored one of those against him with Gerrard.

I use it on every shot I take in the game now. Kinda a habit, took a week to make sure I do it everytime, and i think for long shots especially it is way better. I know with Lampard it works great, ive scored a few from 30 meters or so, some really great long shots. And as someone said, the ball tends to head more to the corners I believe. Using it for free kicks, it works well from 21 to 25 meters, i would recommend it.

You can score some nice looking goals using R2 from outside the box with someone whos got good shooting technique.

I personally like the R2 Shot, get the power and direction right and you can score some great goals :) thats if you can get a shot round or over the great wall of china that is the oppositions defence.

DJ

R2 shot is the key imo.i find it best when is performed by left players shoting from right side and viceversa. good either in 1 on 1 situations when u run up towards the GK from sides and when u kick from 20-25 m like Del Piero did few years ago.

atm i cannot remember myself to use it more than than i actually do! LOL

polakis said:
If someone knows when is it effective, please inform us to know too.
I dont

the key is how you do it.

if you hold r2 down at the same time as the square button then the ball mostly balloons way over.

if you press the square button first, then press down R2 as the power is building, you'll see the r2 shot is very effective.

if you press them together then the shot won't come off - this might be what you're doing if you don't think it works.

fenian said:
the key is how you do it.

if you hold r2 down at the same time as the square button then the ball mostly balloons way over.

if you press the square button first, then press down R2 as the power is building, you'll see the r2 shot is very effective.

if you press them together then the shot won't come off - this might be what you're doing if you don't think it works.

Has anyone noticed any other subtleties with the R2 shooting. I know the 2nd method above is the recommended way to use the R2. But I think (it could be my eyes palying tricks though) that sometimes when you delay pressing R2 up to the last moment (before contact the ball) it gives a slightly different effect. Also shooting with R2 depressed is also possible, however need to closely watch you shot gauge.

As to when to use it, use ur footballing brain. Should be obvious when you'd need power and when you'd rather go for accuracy/placement.

One thing I noticed though, is that I'm having trouble finishing layoff shots into the bottom corners. In WE:8LE could really hammer some grounders into the corners. Now shots seem to rise more easily. Even whiole consciously controlling my presses of the :square: btn, shots seem to be rising. Maybe my controller is not sensitive any more, but even the slightest of touches seem to have the shot gauge at 1/4.

Other than this I'm still scoring fairly easily when I manage to carve out chances. And honestly, the feeling of missing a sitter because I lost my composure after working hard to set up the chance is great. YOud start cursing and souting at yourself and makes those araound you wonder whats going on. Great game!!

Cheers

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom