Is there anyone online that....

marco123

Non-League
18 June 2006
Actually plays for fun and not for points?

Played 6 games last night and this is no lie, not one player shot from outside the box. They were all 'run down the wing, cut inside, pass it to someone on 6-yard box'

Is this the way online mode is going to go from now on? Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't mind losing 6-0 if they we're some well worked goals or long range screamers etc, This thing about 'Must do anything to win and to get them precious points' is getting to me.

Any advice on who to play to have an enjoyable game would be muchly appreciated.

My rant over

yeah dont play online or play 2v2! much better! but with these servers...aye well..leave it at that. untill this is fixed! game isnt worth playing imo.

oh get over it m8.. its a game.. if your only playing for fun why are you on here crying about it...

lookout for "keyboardplayer", thats me, and hopefully you wont see me score too many boring goals. :) you might catch me trying to take it on a run from inside my own area with Jamie Carragher on 88mins when i'm winning 1-0 though. I've started to get the hang of shooting - I scored a 30 yard outside-boot volley with Gerrard yesterday, but then threw it all away by giving away a penalty with an AMAZING last ditch tackle.

here's a tip though, if people try playing it safe, alternate between uber defensive to draw them into your own half, then suddenly switch it to gung ho when you win the ball back - creating an open game where anything can happen.

The Tedster said:
oh get over it m8.. its a game.. if your only playing for fun why are you on here crying about it...

Because it isn't fun when people do stuff like that, which was the point of my post in the first place. Blatently your the kind of player i mentioned.

I get more enjoyment scoring good goals rather than winning which is just a bonus as i aint bothered about no points system it aint as if you win loads of cash! i'm a united fan and always go united played online for 2 nights now and played inter milan about 8 times and no one else apart from one lad who was spurs as he was a spurs fan!!

Yeah would be nice if most would go there supported team! i hate games where i go celtic and what a surprise im up against brazil.

I have a better question...
Is there anyone online who DOES'NT play with Barcelona.
I've played 20 odd games and must have played against Barca around 18 times.
It usually begins by people hovering over some middle of the road team,say,Bordeaux or Man City.Then when i pick a similarly skilled team they switch to Barca.
Tossers.

I always put "No Barca or Brazil!" into my room title, works pretty well. Can't stand those lamers as well, it's just no fun at all.

I'll be online soon (as soon as play.com get my copy over to me). All I care about is looking good don't care if I get hammered just don't concide freekicks near the area cause i'll put them away 8 times out of 10.
Can't play online at the mo cause i've borrowed my mates copy to see if I could move from the PS2 version to PC and I can so i'll be seeing you guys online very soon (I knew about the reg code thingy from day 1 i'm not into piracy one bit thats why i'm buying the game). I'm a West Brom fan and cause we're in the Championship i'll be using Arsenal as they are my second team (distant relation to Ian Wright). See you guys soon:applause:

Owwwwwwwwww i only play 2 vs 2 i love it playing to other groups and earning points for your group:D

but i hate also those people that walks into the goal en just put the ball in front of goal and 1 of 3 strikers scores!

And why not Barca?

i win alot with my inter against barca

Haha how terribly ironic, how you just completely typified the thread starters point, you're a sandwich short of a picnic! I totally see Marco's point, there are SO many people playing so competitively, trying any under-hand tactic to win. It don't find that fun either, so I only play 2 vs 2 these days, which is always a great laugh :)

Owwwwwwwwww i only play 2 vs 2 i love it playing to other groups and earning points for your group:D

but i hate also those people that walks into the goal en just put the ball in front of goal and 1 of 3 strikers scores!

And why not Barca?

i win alot with my inter against barca

It's not that i have anything against Barca you understand.
It just gets boring when you seem to play them every game,especially when you pick a medium skill team,they go to a medium skill team then change at the last second.

Played 6 games last night and this is no lie, not one player shot from outside the box. They were all 'run down the wing, cut inside, pass it to someone on 6-yard box'

/QUOTE]

So stop them ? They take ages setting up Arsenal etc so that Henry etc are wingers? And turn off injuries so you cant take them out???

Try defending better, dont get caught out in one on ones make sure you have 2 players tackling in that area by pressing square to call in a team when they start their run.

You know they are going to go there so stop them.....

kdjac

i always play with my favourite team olympique de marseille - i guess that's why i have such crappy online stats ;) i have played about 30 games in total and i think almost one third was against inter, another third was against barca, and the last remaining third was against chelsea or manu. out of this 30 games there was only ONE single gamer that picked a team that is in about the same category as mine (PSG). the sad thing about it is that i always pick my team very quickly to show the opponent that i play with some kind of average team, but even though they see this, they keep on picking inter, barca etc. the funniest thing was an italian gamer a few days ago with a VERY laggy connection that beat me 7:0 (of course he was playing with inter)and commented this after the game with a simple "YOU SHIT!" :D who do the konami guys think ibrahimovic is? that has nothing to do with real life, he even scores when he is charged by 2 men and is shooting with his back turned towards the goal.
anyway, i agree with the thread's starter that this is no fun. of course i can pick barca or inter too, but what's the point, i want to play with my favourite team and i will keep on doing this that way. i almost never win, but if i do, it's kinda satisfying to have beaten some player who was controlling a team that was very superior to mine :)

Back
Top Bottom