Is this the start of London Domination in the English Football league

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
BBC sport:
West Ham in takeover discussions
West Ham are having "exploratory discussions" over a possible takeover.

The reason i say this as Man Unt have never been able to sign the true top European world stars in the past like Rivaldo, Maldini etc etc as players do not want to live in Manchester same goes for Liverpool, Newcastle etc.

But Players have been more interested in the idea of living in London and with the worlds richest getting interested in Football now this could be a key factor to which clubs are being bought over now.

in the states that kind of clownery is frequent. I doubt that will happen in the UK, even if Man Utd has sold it's soul. The Graziers would surely be wiped out.

London is cool for players because it offers them expensive houses that are close to their stadiums and training grounds (and shops), and a mix of nightlife and entertainment. Not only that, but the multi-cultural nature of it can help people fit in.

Still, Reyes and Crespo wanted to move on, but they never really stated it was London, just the culture and the weather etc.

Like I said in an earlier thread. London may soon start to dominate the premiership. But for that to happen, then Arsenal need to get their act together and sort out a DM, and a stronger bench.

Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Westham

...All clubs on the up. Perhaps United are in decline, although they've had a great start to the season, and you can never right them off. I think Ferguson is a genius, a flawed Genius, but a genius none-the-less. And Liverpool will be up there of course representing the north ;)

I think nearly every Arsenal fan was happy with yesterday's deals. So many times in the past we've just sold players but this time round we stayed strong and got a player out of both clubs. CB have more influence than LB, and Baptista should give us a bit of strength and and presence.

I think Arsenal got the better deal last night. Cole was over-rated IMO, and he's obviously a back stabbing bitch who would be booed for eternity if he was played again.

Gallas is world class, and Baptista, like you've said will add muscle. The jury is still out on baptista after his move to Madrid he hasn't really shone.

Arsenal were unlucky against City. It could of been 5-0 Arsenal, and came up against a rejuivinated Villa, lead by a very good manager, who put 10men behind the ball.

Arsenal are one of the clubs who havntt sold their soul to some takeover fucker or thinking about it any time soon. Ever since chelsea got Abramobrich(sp) all I ever hear in the premiership is every club is talking about takeover talks and some american billionaire tycoon round the corner. Newcastle,Liverpool and Wes Ham have all got their pants down waiting to be assed fucked from some sugar daddy takeover billionaire. Chelsea, Man Utd, Aston Villa and Portsmouth have all been already taken over. I don't like it one bit.The idea of football clubs becoming nothing more than business assets to some one individual greedy bastard out to pump the club dry.

Dont know about dominating, if the players' main reasoning is city and shopping then theyre not gonna care about the club when playing on a rainy day somewhere. Even though liverpool's transfers can be seen as dubious with reference to pennants and bellamy's past, atleast they are liverpool fans and want to do well for the club. Look at how many chelsea players have stated about going abroad, and how many are there because they want to earn money.

Also i dont think uefa will stand by when more and more billionaires start owning clubs with these ridiculous signings. Uefa, or fifa, have been talking about wagecaps for awhile now being linked to club income (50-55% going to wages). Now a lot of clubs actually are within that region and can still push chelsea in the league, liverpool, manu and arse are all close to that i believe. Chelsea's wagebill vs income is something like 110%, or it was the last time it was reported. That would mean they would have to sell about half their squad just to make the balance. So if more and more clubs go towards that method of business uefa will have to step in as clubs will lose control, chelsea already have in essence, and be very suseptable to going bankrupt.

I think London clubs will dominate until 2067, then the Bristol clubs will take over for 3 seasons (could be 4)and by then there will be a pan-European league (like the ML in PES.....hahahahah) with the likes of Vaduz, Servette Geneve, Andorra la Veilla and San Marino dominating.

Alucard said:
Arsenal are one of the clubs who havntt sold their soul to some takeover fucker or thinking about it any time soon. Ever since chelsea got Abramobrich(sp) all I ever hear in the premiership is every club is talking about takeover talks and some american billionaire tycoon round the corner. Newcastle,Liverpool and Wes Ham have all got their pants down waiting to be assed fucked from some sugar daddy takeover billionaire. Chelsea, Man Utd, Aston Villa and Portsmouth have all been already taken over. I don't like it one bit.The idea of football clubs becoming nothing more than business assets to some one individual greedy bastard out to pump the club dry.

LOL must be the first time ive read a post of yours and agreed.

I would hate it if Arsenal were taken over by a billionaire.

The Man Unt facts are even if they were to finish 2nd in the next ten seasons they would still be one of the worlds biggest clubs due to there history.
So they can sell merchandise, tv deals etc. But as far as players go they cant keep up with the london area anymore and might not win much in the future.

I really cant see the top 3/4 in english football being displaced anytime soon. In terms of talent the likes of tottenham, west ham and bolton have great players, yet the top 3/4 have SPECIAL players. For example, every defoe and tevez a upper middle team can have, theres always an henry and rooney. For every Mascherano and Davids, theres always Makelele and Gerrard!

Not sure West Ham will become that good. When Spurs got Ardiles and Villa, they were still shit and only won the FA Cup (and that was against Man City and needed a replay).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom