Is WE:PES2007 even coming out for the PC?

TheWolf

Premiership
7 August 2003
Texas, USA
Manchester United
Other than the early beta reviews of a PC format back in the middle of last year, has anybody actually seen or had any proof that a PC version of WE:PES2007 is even going to be released?

There is nothing on the official Konami website and nothing on any of the retail websites (Amazon, etc.) to suggest it's even in the pipeline.

Reviews like Gamespot, etc. apparently on WE:PES2007 were done on the PES6 game when it was shown at exhibitions.

Maybe this year Konami have finally given up on the PC version for North America.

As a fellow US soccer gamer, you should join me in scrapping we and jumping on the PES bandwagon. All the best updates/patches are found right here in evo-web's editing forum.

BTW, are you the wolf from the operation sports forums?

Last edited:
According to gamefaqs.com forums its out in 1 day now. But on the main site theres nothing about it.

Yeah TheWolf evo web is the best for editing stuff, altho since yours went its a bit messy :D

kdjac

I don't know why it hasn't been listed on retail websites here in the USA, but all you have to do is look at the press-releases to see that Konami does have PC DVD platform listed for WE:PS 2007.

If you believe ebgames, then there's no PC Version.
If you believe Konami, then there is a PC Version.

Press Release info
Here's a link to ThomasGOAL's post:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=930914&postcount=4

And the relevant section:
ThomasGOAL said:
Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007™
Release date: February 2007
Genre: Sports/Soccer
Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DS, PSP system, PC DVD-ROM

If you've been around here long enough, you know ThomasGOAL only posts credible sources. So we'll see how it goes on tues/wed.

i've been looking all over the place for the last few weeks looking for evidence it's coming out or not and can't find confirmation either way. PC version is still showing up in the odd press release...but you can't buy it online anywhere, which makes me believe it's not coming out. some stores that once had links to the pc version have taken them down. also yahoo games shows 'cancelled' in the title if you go to their WE2007 pc page.

Yep, I think Konami have quit plans to release it. Everywhere had the console versions pre-release details for months but nowhere has the PC release, including the Konami website. I totally believe ThomasGOAL but I don't believe Konami are keeping to the original gameplan. There was no reason for them to not release the PC version today like all of the other versions, it's the easiest to convert.

I am so pissed that they did not release the PC version in the US. What a slap in the face.. Makes me want to download the Euro version.

I've looked at various places and it seems you can only order the PSP, DS, PS2, and Xbox360 versions, I can't find a PC version or a xbox version....................thanks konami :roll:

Last edited:
Maybe they'll release it late April like last year after WE11 is out the other side of the world so we get a game that is a year out of date again! The incentive to actually buy WE on the PC here in the States each year compared to just d/l PES is non-existent.

Konami, understand something. I want to buy your freaking game so why the heck won't you sell the thing to me???

There might be subtle differences. You never know what little minute changes they do between versions. Not sure if this tweaking is only made between the Japanese WE and the PES/US WE versions.

Either way, is it out on PC? If it is, try and play it and see if it feels different.

For all those who bought PES6 (European version) for PC, and would like to play online without lag, I've created a group called USA_Canada. My nickname on PES is Mav_Keen.

Real shame that Konami won't be releasing a PC version of WE... :(

For all those who bought PES6 (European version) for PC, and would like to play online without lag, I've created a group called USA_Canada. My nickname on PES is Mav_Keen.

Real shame that Konami won't be releasing a PC version of WE... :(

have u confirmed that konami won't be having WE pc for us?
Damn, I'd really want a pes6 if WE isn't coming

I think one thing that concerns everyone is the lag issue of online playing. Does anybody experience severe lag when playing with European players?

Sorry I wasn't clear.I want to play the game on my pc. Will I be able to play it even though it is PAL? Does that restriction matter for a PC game?

Seminole, there aren't any SECAM/PAL/NTSC restrictions with PC games. All games will work fine regardless which continent you are from. The DVD that PES6 comes on isn't even zoned (works perfectly fine on my Canadian DELL computer DVD player).

By the way, concerning the group USA_Canada I mentioned before, scratch that. I've found out there's already an existing group called PesFan.Com-N.A which has already 20+ members. Its official member list & news thread is on the pesfan.com site at this address:
http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=156607

So I've disbanded my USA_Canada group and joined the pesfan.com group instead. Join me all there if you have PES6.

I heart a message from some website that is we2007 pc version will be available in april some day !I am not sure but i hope this is the real thing!

Hello everyone...wanted to drop by and thank mpanty for the links he's posted, both here and over at pesfan.com. Mainly, the group is for people in the N.American region, but if someone shows a good connection from another region, exceptions can be made. There are members who like playing 2v2's and members that like playing 1v1's...So there's enough of a healthy mix. One thing I'd like to point out though, we're a mature minded group. Well, atleast most of us are...hehe. As in:

No disconnecting on purpose.
No cheating.
No racism.
E.t.c, e.t.c...You know, the obvious ones.

Other than that, we're a pretty easy going bunch. Main thing is for you lot to have a blast while playing. If you're interested, give us a shout online or look us up at our official thread. Hope to see some of around. :)

The Recruiters:

Trifid
SquirrelSS
Nair
Loki.be
Wh23
EDGAR1002

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom