It's now possible to knock the ball further away in PES2021, similar to FIFA and older PES titles!!

hm... last night, i couldnt manage to lay the ball off further... what am i doing wrong!?
i did hold R3, wich lifts the ball a bit, double pressed sprint a couple of times... but i didnt see any difference.

hm... last night, i couldnt manage to lay the ball off further... what am i doing wrong!?
i did hold R3, wich lifts the ball a bit, double pressed sprint a couple of times... but i didnt see any difference.
From my video above you can see im using Adama traore and he is doing it without issues if you check my other vid doing it with some man city players you'll see that not all of them are able to do it properly for some reason, maybe it is some sort of trait needed to perform the trick correctly and it is about timing the double tap just as the player flicked the ball up a little and make sure you release all of the buttons before holding right stick and double tapping sprint.

From my video above you can see im using Adama traore and he is doing it without issues if you check my other vid doing it with some man city players you'll see that not all of them are able to do it properly for some reason, maybe it is some sort of trait needed to perform the trick correctly and it is about timing the double tap just as the player flicked the ball up a little and make sure you release all of the buttons before holding right stick and double tapping sprint.
Thanks man! I will give this another try tonight for sure!!

ok. hm... i didnt change any button besides switching shooting and high cross. lets see tonight...
Well to explain better mate just hold down L3 well moving obviously double tapping your run button that’s all I did and seen a difference hope you get it sorted as it helps in a big way opens up plenty off space on the pitch

It is also a problem cu with the stick itself, because if you are moving even an inch left or right it start doing finesse dribbling. But yes, it depends very much and on the player. i think the ones that are not so technically gifted can perform this move better.

I tried it too last night and it worked at the first time. Unfortunately that was the only time. Wasn't able to do it again...

Well to explain better mate just hold down L3 well moving obviously double tapping your run button that’s all I did and seen a difference hope you get it sorted as it helps in a big way opens up plenty off space on the pitch
Well I thought I read R3+double tapping sprint. Thanks again. I’ll try.

This is great that it's in the game, I wonder if this was in PES 2020 all along too? Nonetheless it was sore that it seemed such a fundamental part of football wasn't possible to pull off, Which like many others have already remarked - Why was it so covert?

It's not just Konami though, But there's many games which have useful mechanics just hidden away and can only be discovered either by accident or word of mouth. The days of videogame manuals are long gone and your lucky if you even get a quick breakdown of controls in the game's menu.

But maybe for the more intermediate/advanced stuff like this it would be good if Konami could officially release a special controls/skills video to compliment the games release?

That's what I did. As mentioned it worked at the very first time. Probably it is a matter of timing, I'm going to try it again this evening.
i tried a couple of times... maybe i choose the "wrong" player and indeed a trait is needed. i'll see tonight.

and i'll go into free training mode and and press all sorts of button combinations tonight! :LOL: there could be more... :LMAO:

Well, have you tried every button combo possible in training mode?! ;) I surely don’t. :DOH:
Stupid me!
Konami should release a more detail control manual, agree. But I like some stuff to be found by myself. It’s kinda rewarding.
+
Why can't Konami just have a tutorial with ALL things you can do? Instead of this lousy training mode that hasn't changed since years...
Those were the days when PES had this thick handbooks, especially in the PS2 days. I loved to dig in them before firing up the new game for the first time.
=
I'm pretty sure Konami don't know the possibilities like Knock the ball further 🤣🤣🤣 Because the first time you old R3 that throw the ball...
So if they know, why they dont inclue in tutorials training 😁 ?

i tried a couple of times... maybe i choose the "wrong" player and indeed a trait is needed. i'll see tonight.

and i'll go into free training mode and and press all sorts of button combinations tonight! :LOL: there could be more... :LMAO:
best player to try with is adama traore

It is also a problem cu with the stick itself, because if you are moving even an inch left or right it start doing finesse dribbling. But yes, it depends very much and on the player. i think the ones that are not so technically gifted can perform this move better.
after testing it again you are spot on mate about the technically gifted part
I was using Luton players and they were able to do it like a charm
ill upload another vid

tried it mate and they tap the ball normally
how far does the ball go for you?

Might be a tad off-topic but the things PES should "copy" from FIFA (gameplay-control-wise) imo are: 1 - The whole shooting mechanic/assists should be changed. The direction of the controls shouldn't change regardless of assist level. In FIFA regardless of the assists the direction you need to move the stick doesn't change.
2 - Players shouldn't need to be moving in order to lift the ball and juggle it.

Another thing that would be useful is making the manual (L2) work as a toggle (having to press a ton of buttons at once for a cross/shot/pass is tacky as hell)

Might be a tad off-topic but the things PES should "copy" from FIFA (gameplay-control-wise) imo are: 1 - The whole shooting mechanic/assists should be changed. The direction of the controls shouldn't change regardless of assist level. In FIFA regardless of the assists the direction you need to move the stick doesn't change.
2 - Players shouldn't need to be moving in order to lift the ball and juggle it.

Another thing that would be useful is making the manual (L2) work as a toggle (having to press a ton of buttons at once for a cross/shot/pass is tacky as hell)
i agree with you to an extent

check this vid, as you can see I'm doing it 90% of the time
also ignore the camera bug

Last edited:
Re: the goalkeeper thing, I use both sticks forward and usually travels low and fast. Perhaps I'm just dumb and depends on the GK.

That camera angle!! :LOVE:
Those stadium sounds! :APPLAUD:
yep simulation at its finest

Thanks for the video. Gotta love free training mode. Btw, what exact camera settings are you using? and camera type? Looks great :)
not training mode mate
its a match but I'm using no crowd mod and @predator002 lockdown sounds mod
the camera is the live broadcast cam module by @juce and nesa and the camera angle unfortunately has a bug where the turf disappears near the bottom of the screen which I hope can be fixed but if you want the settings its
broad_angle = 36.50
broad_height = 0.25
broad_param1 = -200.00
broad_param2 = 30.78
broad_param3 = 52.22
broad_pitch = -0.05
broad_zoom = 13.16

Okay - having tried this a number of times, I'm convinced it's a glitch and not a genuine skill move.

I'm yet to perform this in a way that actually beats a man. When I perform the move in a 1v1 situation, one of two thing usually happens:

1. The ball is knocked past the defender, however, the player doesn't accelerate fast enough in his first few steps so gets blocked by the defender.
2. An opposition defender locks into a "back off" animation and doesn't intercept the knock on when in real life they'd casually control it. This is what makes me think its a glitch.

On the subject of jockeying, why the hell was it removed from the game? The reason that pes 2013 bids have been praised so much recently I think is because of the realism of 1v1 animations.

Back
Top Bottom