J League Winning Eleven 9 - Aisa Championship - - - First Impressions

Well I've stuck in my music,ads,couple of balls,international supporters flags,new presenting ladies....no time to mess with the jerseys though.
May release small patch to get things rolling on the graphics side mid week.

Would it be possible for one of you guys to release a kit patch (or option file that has kits edited with in-game editor. I'll take anything) for the European, S.American, and National teams first? Since the kits for those teams are already out there... and since not many people would play with those other asian teams anyway...

It sucks how you can't import logos and edited stuff from WE9 to this one... :(

OPM said:
i will finish al ain tomorrow, i am tired now. please get me pics of what to do next...;)
hehhe lol alright go get some rest now! :mrgreen:

I'm thinking of getting this game soon and your kits will be much appreciated then man! ;)

Makes a lot of difference.

The Best WE i ever played !

But the referee never gives enough yellow cards to the CPU !
Such a shame !

Edit : Is Barça unlockable haven't seen it yet ?

Last edited by a moderator:
RE CPU yellow Cards

I got given a penalty and the guy got booked whilst playing Argentina on 3*
also next game zanetti got booked for taking down roberto carlos when he skipped past him, so i dont feel that CPU never gets booked.

Has anyone else noticed that the keepers give the defence a bollocking after the opposing team has scored. I never noticed this in we9 or pes5?

jayz123 said:
Has anyone else noticed that the keepers give the defence a bollocking after the opposing team has scored. I never noticed this in we9 or pes5?
they also do that when the opposing team gets a good chance at goal. ive also seen that when u get taken down in the penalty area, ur teammates start waving to the ref demanding a penalty. but they only do this when u actually get the call.

just came in the mail. been playing since then. started the master league at three stars, and all i can say is, it's HARD to score!!! in 5 games, i've only had one goal...ONE! haha...i'm sure i'll get better in time.

I play on level 3 stars and have been doing so for most WE versions.. and arent ashamed at saying that. What i like so much about this game is that its quite hard to score on level 3 as the defenders close down players very well..ie. AI has improved heaps.
Now.. in the past ive refused to play levels 4, 5 and 6 because it has more of robotic feel to it.. ie.. defenders rush too much etc.. but now with level 3.. not only is it more realsitic(meaning u have more time on the ball and be more relaxed)..but its also alot harder to score... love it.. ;) perfect balance :)

Last edited:
I have a question for everyone who has played the game so far...

Has anyone else experienced significantly long loading times, or is it just me? For example, on the substitution and replay screens, it takes a LONG time to load, about 15-20 seconds or so when it's really bad... I'm wondering if it is the media I burned with (for Fernando's patch) or if that's just how it is in actuality... perhaps I should burn it again?

the load times for me arent that long.. must be your media or the lens of your ps2. I found when my last ps2 was getting on abit.. the load times gradually increased regardless of media.. finally... it didnt read anymore.. ie. the laser conked out so to speak...

i also experience long load times...but i think aussie is right...my ps2's lense may need to be cleaned. if you've patched it, make sure you burn at 1x speed with RIDATA (dark violet) disc.

Thanks for the responses... Well, I was pretty sure it was the burn because my copy of WE9 with allstars patch works perfectly fine with normal loading speed... it's just my JL that just has horrendous loading times. But perhaps I need to clean my lens as well. I'll do both and see what happens. :)

After reading some of the reviews on here was a bit underwhelmed with the game on the first few games

Beat Brazil 1-0 with England first game then beat Chelsea 2-1 with Inter on 5 stars, so id say the hardness isnt exactly, well, hard

Dribbling seems even harder than Pro Evo 5 which is a bad thing imo

suen said:
just came in the mail. been playing since then. started the master league at three stars, and all i can say is, it's HARD to score!!! in 5 games, i've only had one goal...ONE! haha...i'm sure i'll get better in time.

You should play Fifa '06, perhaps ?

can you sign european players in ML?

i am gonna pick this up but have no idea about the J-League etc.

which teams are good to start off with?

Only had the game a couple of days but have started a master league.Pleased to see the weather changes for matches and it's nice to play in smaller stadiums and on different playing surfaces.
Can't say I've noticed any great difference in the gameplay to WE9,playing on five star,but need to play a bit more to really tell.
The game cries out for some decent crowd chants.At the moment the game feels a little flat.Guess we've been spoilt with all the patches for other WE games
I'm gonna stick with this for a week or two and then switch back to WE9 just to see if I can notice any great change.
One thing about playing with club sides you know nothing about is the fact that the game could remain timeless as names and transfers lose ther importance.No disrespect to asian football, but their domestic players are relatively unknown.
Very enjoyable version anyway.

saladdin100 said:
can you sign european players in ML?

i am gonna pick this up but have no idea about the J-League etc.

which teams are good to start off with?
I can only really help you with Japanese teams - Kashima Antlers are always a good team to play with, as are Urawa Reds.

crayon said:
I can only really help you with Japanese teams - Kashima Antlers are always a good team to play with, as are Urawa Reds.

thanks

do you know if European based players can be signed in ML?

I could give my impressions but I think it's all been said already so no point.

With that in mind, if this is any indication, WE9LWE might as well be the ultimate footy exp on PS2.

Back
Top Bottom